Post cost to ship our dog to NZ....OMG!

we have a 10 year old dog (Weimaraner) and was quoted £3350 to ship him
thats the same cost to move all our stuff in our house over
any ideas anyone?

thank you
Liam
Old Jul 18th 2013, 6:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: cost to ship our dog to NZ....OMG!

Sounds about average I'm afraid.

You have to use an accredited animal exporter for NZ and you will little flexibility on this price. Only thing I can suggest is shop around?

Jan
Old Jul 18th 2013, 7:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

M_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond repute

Yep that's about normal. I had a cat, and luckily I have a totally wonderful friend who agreed to have the cat, for now. If we decide once settled etc that we want the cat she will send, or she is also happy to keep him.

I know she will look after him and it broke my heart - I had him since a kitten.

But I decided it wasn't fair on the animal to go through a 30 hour flight, then 3 possible house moves in a short time.

Tough decision.

We are also on a tight budget and the cost to ship the cat is equal to a lot of months rent. I swore I wouldn't leave him but in the end I had to
Old Jul 18th 2013, 7:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

moonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to behold

Same here, staying in holiday accommodation at first, then the uncertainty of finding a rental that would take animals, the long trip, then finally the cost I left my 2 cats behind. Also bear in mind that although quarantine is only 10 days, if you cant find pet friendly accomodation this will be a lot longer and more expense, plus the kennel used for wellington was several hours drive away, so i wouldnt be able to visit regularly
The whole family were devastated but I know I made the right decision. For 2 yrs I was adamant they were coming, I even got all their injections done, but in the end they have new lovely family and are very happy, but I still miss them
Old Jul 20th 2013, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

moondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to allmoondust_frenzy is a name known to all

I'm in the same process....have you tried animal airlines they have been the cheapest quote I've found so far.
Old Jul 20th 2013, 7:56 pm
Just Joined

liamhere is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: cost to ship our dog to NZ....OMG!

Originally Posted by moondust_frenzy
I'm in the same process....have you tried animal airlines they have been the cheapest quote I've found so far.
thank you...i'll give them a try
Old Jul 21st 2013, 4:56 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

Or, ask this celeb how to get them on board as 'service' animals
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainm...ectid=10896132
Old Jul 21st 2013, 6:15 am
BE Forum Addict

barnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond reputebarnsleymat has a reputation beyond repute

Our Ringo cost us £2k to bring him over just over 2 years ago, we used Golden Arrow.
Old Jul 21st 2013, 9:24 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cappuccino
Or, ask this celeb how to get them on board as 'service' animals
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/entertainm...ectid=10896132
Hope they feel sorry for people with allergies to some animals. They get to fly with their dogs, while some of us sneeze and itch for 10 hours.
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 1:04 am
Account Closed

Tom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura about

Not sure about dog but we were quoted $1500GBP (sorry no pound sign on my keyboard) to bring our cat over. That was with Animal Airlines, we decided against bringing her. She's now having the time of her life with a retired couple.
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 3:17 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tom1983
(sorry no pound sign on my keyboard)
you might be able be access it by going Start and searching for Character Map, lots of different characters available in there.

Or you may find it by going to All programmes, Accessories, System tools, Character map
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 5:40 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
you might be able be access it by going Start and searching for Character Map, lots of different characters available in there.

Or you may find it by going to All programmes, Accessories, System tools, Character map
Hold down the ALT key while using the keypad on the side to type 156

£ is the result
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 6:10 am
BE Enthusiast

M_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tom1983
Not sure about dog but we were quoted $1500GBP (sorry no pound sign on my keyboard) to bring our cat over. That was with Animal Airlines, we decided against bringing her. She's now having the time of her life with a retired couple.
A good friend I mine has my cat. I miss him but he's got a great family who's looking after him like he's a king!
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 4:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond repute

Imagine how horrified I was when we were told it was going to be £15,000 to ship a horse over and we have four of them! The alternative would be to have them all PTS as we've been unable to find new homes for them despite trying to find loan homes for 2 of them for three years. These costs have put a serious reality dent into our plans.

I can't kill them just so we can emigrate as the horse owning lifestyle is a major reason for moving. We have two cats as well and no-one who would take them if we moved which is even more pause (paws? ) for thought.

We were told £1,500 to £2,000 per cat when we asked about them. I suspect you are being quoted the £3,000 plus as your dog is larger and older.
Old Jul 22nd 2013, 9:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

moonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Hazelnut;
We were told £1,500 to £2,000 per cat when we asked about them. I suspect you are being quoted the £3,000 plus as your dog is larger and older.
OMG how sad, I know I could never have left my horse, so really really feel for you. Hope something works out for you
Re the cats, when we started our immigration process 2 yrs ago it was £2.500 for two cats. In February it was £2,200 for one, obviously prices have gone up recently

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.