Uh Oh Strike on Again

Old Jun 6th 2013, 7:27 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Uh Oh Strike on Again

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa...b-protest.html
Old Jun 6th 2013, 7:30 pm
Forum Regular

yoyoyo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Uh Oh Strike on Again

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
I was about to post this... 'amazing'
Old Jun 6th 2013, 10:50 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

The effects will be spotty because the walkouts will be varied in time and place and program affected. Not helpful to those who have waited long enough already. Managers will soldier on of course but there numbers are limited. I suspect they will mostly concentrate on spousal applications.
Old Jun 6th 2013, 10:57 pm

Update:
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...ticle12380040/

London, Hong Kong and others are affected.
Old Jun 6th 2013, 11:49 pm
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

Suggests "rotating" rather than complete stoppage for extended period.
Old Jun 7th 2013, 10:32 am
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Ouch!

This kind of rubs further salt in the wounds of those having been delayed in their immigration process by a matter of threefold already!

Oh Canada!
Old Jun 7th 2013, 12:23 pm
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all

Hi,

Was it a one day walk out, or all out strike? Im not sure that one day will affect application processing too much, but if it becomes frequent then who know's

Regards

Andrew
Old Jun 7th 2013, 12:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

I love some of those comments in the Globe & Mail article

Fire them, replace them etc etc. So if you fire them all who is now going to do the job? While such a posting to some places might be seen as a perk there are certain places that are less desirable and I bet the I want to be posted to Islamabad, Accra, Dakar, Nairobi are less than the London, Sydney, Paris and Vienna applicants.
Old Jun 7th 2013, 1:15 pm
Pondering a career change

Mikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond reputeMikeypm has a reputation beyond repute

Will this affect LMO's or is this your main CIC offices?
Old Jun 7th 2013, 1:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mikeypm
Will this affect LMO's or is this your main CIC offices?
It shouldn't affect LMOs as they are processed by Service Canada employees who are not part of this group of Federal employees.
Old Jun 7th 2013, 1:52 pm
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
I love some of those comments in the Globe & Mail article

Fire them, replace them etc etc. So if you fire them all who is now going to do the job? While such a posting to some places might be seen as a perk there are certain places that are less desirable and I bet the I want to be posted to Islamabad, Accra, Dakar, Nairobi are less than the London, Sydney, Paris and Vienna applicants.
Two sides to everything.

I'd imagine people understand when they apply that the wages might not be as high as they would get doing a similarly skilled/important role in the private sector. That said, in the private sector you can be fired as soon as the economy takes a little turn or if the company decides to "outsource" you. In government jobs you need to be spectacularly bad or presumably commit some sort of crime to have any risk of getting dumped.

Similarly if you don't fancy getting sent to Pakistan why would decide to sign up for a job that includes that distinct possibility?

Given that the tax payer funds the government and therefore these peoples wages is anyone giving thought to my opinion or circumstances for example? Given that I'm in Canada paying my taxes I'd expect it to be a reasonable for me to expect a certain level of service. Instead I face the prospect of redundancy from my job (that pays significantly less than what these people are griping over) because of their hissy fits. Of course no one is giving two squirts.

Just seems these "Public Servants" have forgotten exactly what they were employed to do. Veiling their complaints "against the government" is just a convenient way of avoiding the real fact - they're screwing the people.
Old Jun 7th 2013, 2:08 pm

I think the goal is parity with other civil servants, not the private sector. Wages etc used to be the subject of mandatory arbitration but the government chose not to go that route leaving only negotiation and the possibility of strike or lock out tactics.
Old Jun 7th 2013, 2:18 pm
The ride never ends

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
I think the goal is parity with other civil servants, not the private sector. Wages etc used to be the subject of mandatory arbitration but the government chose not to go that route leaving only negotiation and the possibility of strike or lock out tactics.
What leads to the assumption that there should be parity?
Old Jun 7th 2013, 2:36 pm

Equality of responsibility levels. Similar positions in other departments are paid substantially higher wages.
Old Jun 7th 2013, 2:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by orly
What leads to the assumption that there should be parity?
Because its the public sector which strictly doesn't work to make a profit.
Equal pay for equal work sort of thing.
I tend to think if CBSA paid officers in Toronto more than they paid them in Vancouver there might be the odd one or two employees a bit miffed about this.
Now in the private sector the same rules are not applicable. A qualified Toyota mechanic could be offered more to work in a Toyota dealership in Toronto as opposed to a Vancouver one.
I can guarantee you that Police Officers, EMS, and Firemen are all paid different wages in numerous cities across Canada and you wonder why is that?
Do you know why?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.