Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

Civil unrest in Kathmandu!

Civil unrest in Kathmandu!

Old Mar 6th 2013, 2:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

msj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of lightmsj5 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Civil unrest in Kathmandu!

Not a nice experience to leave your hotel to find all or 98% of shops and restaurants closed, roads totally devoid of traffic ,heavily armed police patrolling the streets and severe tension amongst those on the streets.I spent the morning in some beautiful gardens within walking distance of my hotel. I sat there for hours waiting for the sirens to calm down and the helicopters trailing banners to disappear.All telecommunications were cut....no texts no calls no internet....i went without lunch cos i needed to change money but there was no where open so I hung on to what I had for a meal tonight.
Eventually things quietened down and I headed back to town only to get shut inside a shop for 15 mins cos of activists causing trouble.
Things are 50% back to normal tonight but being inferred it all happen again tomorrow.
2 out of my 3 full days trashed and I was so enjoying Kathmandu..apart from the persistent lack of power.....like all day everyday!!
Old Mar 6th 2013, 4:31 pm

noni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond reputenoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Civil unrest in Kathmandu!

Originally Posted by msj5
Not a nice experience to leave your hotel to find all or 98% of shops and restaurants closed, roads totally devoid of traffic ,heavily armed police patrolling the streets and severe tension amongst those on the streets.I spent the morning in some beautiful gardens within walking distance of my hotel. I sat there for hours waiting for the sirens to calm down and the helicopters trailing banners to disappear.All telecommunications were cut....no texts no calls no internet....i went without lunch cos i needed to change money but there was no where open so I hung on to what I had for a meal tonight.
Eventually things quietened down and I headed back to town only to get shut inside a shop for 15 mins cos of activists causing trouble.
Things are 50% back to normal tonight but being inferred it all happen again tomorrow.
2 out of my 3 full days trashed and I was so enjoying Kathmandu..apart from the persistent lack of power.....like all day everyday!!
sORRY to hear all your problems, Keep Safe.
Old Mar 6th 2013, 7:00 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Civil unrest in Kathmandu!

Stay safe Jill

Dread - x