Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

New Canadian uk Police Recruitment 2013

New Canadian uk Police Recruitment 2013

Old Jan 31st 2013, 8:59 pm
Just Joined

Steve K is on a distinguished road
Default New Canadian uk Police Recruitment 2013

Just to give you all the heads up, there is going to be a possible recruitment drive coming up.
Now bear with me on this and I will give you the details I have.

The recruitment is going to be for British Columbia Transit Police and the link to there website is as follows.

www.transitpolice.bc.ca

The contact email I was given is <snip>

He has asked for any interested persons to email him for details. It is for serving police officers as far as im aware.

I have no further details than that. There words are that they are currently working towards adopting a process to hire currently serving police officers in the UK.

Thats all I have. If I get anymore I will post it on.

Cheers

Steve

Last edited by Sue; Jan 31st 2013 at 11:56 pm. Reason: Please don't post a third parties email address on a public forum you will open them up to spam. Instead share via PM
Old Feb 1st 2013, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

Philbo2005 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New Canadian uk Police Recruitment 2013

Hi,

Can you tell me where and who you got this information from please?

Cheers
Old Feb 1st 2013, 2:47 pm
Just Joined

Steve K is on a distinguished road

Hi there,

the reason I received the information was due to the fact that I had previously applied to Edmonton Police a while ago. I presume they have kept person's details on file who were interested in applying and passed these over to British Columbia Transit Police.

All I did then was email the person who's name I was given and they replied stating they would put the recruiters in touch with myself.

Due to the fact that you are not allowed to post peoples email addresses on the website I suggest you contact them via there contact us seciton on there website.

Cheers.

Steve
Old Feb 2nd 2013, 6:51 am
Just Joined

Stu7C9F is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the heads up Steve.
I'm newly registered on this site but have been keeping an eye on here for a while.
I've sent an email to the transit police expressing my interest in this scheme if is true..... I'll re-post as soon as I hear anything.
If any hears back please post it .
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 9:28 pm
Just Joined

Hurrymurray is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Stu7C9F
Thanks for the heads up Steve.
I'm newly registered on this site but have been keeping an eye on here for a while.
I've sent an email to the transit police expressing my interest in this scheme if is true..... I'll re-post as soon as I hear anything.
If any hears back please post it .

New to this forum as well, just wondering are they recruiting just from UK
Old Feb 3rd 2013, 9:30 pm
Just Joined

Hurrymurray is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry are they recruiting from just UK or will they accept any other countries!
Old Feb 4th 2013, 1:06 pm
Just Joined

RSthetruth is an unknown quantity at this point

I have emailed the general recruitment address.
Will pass on any useful info.
Old Feb 4th 2013, 6:19 pm
Forum Regular

nige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant future

Hi All,

For those that don't know me from here, I'm an ex North Wales Officer now with the Edmonton Police Service, the story on the above recruitment is linked below:
http://www.globaltvbc.com/transit+po...864/story.html

There are 6 positions apparently and applicants will have to "resolve" their own immigration status, whatever that means. The minimum requirement is Citizen or Perm Resident.

The salary is 5% less than the Vancouver Police Department, which can be found on their careers web page.

It'll be interesting to see if PR status will be sponsored or if it will be down to the applicant to obtain it through other means.

Regards

Nige
Old Feb 4th 2013, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for posting the link... Lets wait and see what replies people get from their emails to hopefully clarify a few things!
Old Feb 4th 2013, 11:02 pm
Forum Regular

In fact, I couldn't resist and sent them and email myself!! It would appear however that they have already been given the names/details of people they may like so we could be too late... Another link below

http://vancouver.24hrs.ca/2013/02/03...uiting-efforts
Old Feb 5th 2013, 2:26 am
Just Joined

Saxon89 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nige1521
Hi All,

For those that don't know me from here, I'm an ex North Wales Officer now with the Edmonton Police Service, the story on the above recruitment is linked below:
http://www.globaltvbc.com/transit+po...864/story.html

There are 6 positions apparently and applicants will have to "resolve" their own immigration status, whatever that means. The minimum requirement is Citizen or Perm Resident.

The salary is 5% less than the Vancouver Police Department, which can be found on their careers web page.

It'll be interesting to see if PR status will be sponsored or if it will be down to the applicant to obtain it through other means.

Regards

Nige
When they targeted the UK for recruitment, was there any recruited from other commonwealth nations?

eg, I am a NZ citizen and have been with WAPOL for 4 1/2 years and am actively seeking employment with a canadian Polie force...
Old Feb 5th 2013, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Saxon89
When they targeted the UK for recruitment, was there any recruited from other commonwealth nations?

eg, I am a NZ citizen and have been with WAPOL for 4 1/2 years and am actively seeking employment with a canadian Polie force...
Hi Saxon89 - I am unable to answer your question I am afraid but am keen however to know how WAPOL is??
Old Feb 6th 2013, 2:06 am
Just Joined

Saxon89 is an unknown quantity at this point

PM me with questions and I'm more than happy to answer
Old Feb 9th 2013, 11:38 am
Just Joined

nicki_c is an unknown quantity at this point

Ive registered my interest on their website also, has anybody had a response or update?
Old Feb 12th 2013, 11:52 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nige1521
The minimum requirement is Citizen or Perm Resident.
If PR is the minimum requirement, then they must be expecting applicants to already be a PR I'd think? Can't see them waiting the 18 months or so it would take for applicants to get PR via sponsorship from them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.