last hours to have your say about UK Immigration policy!

Old Jan 30th 2013, 10:12 pm
Forum Regular

BlueMorpho has a brilliant futureBlueMorpho has a brilliant futureBlueMorpho has a brilliant futureBlueMorpho has a brilliant futureBlueMorpho has a brilliant futureBlueMorpho has a brilliant future
Default last hours to have your say about UK Immigration policy!

I have reposted this from another thread because it is important.
There are a few hours left to be heard. Tell everyone, friends and family to make their voice heard. All details are below.
Carpe diem!

http://www.migrantsrights.org.uk/blo...-migration-mps

Shadow Minister for Equalities Kate Green heads the All Party Parliamentary Group on Family Migration, and she is asking some important questions in Parliament about the possible negative effects of the strict financial requirements under the new spouse visa rules. She wonders if the new income threshold is proving to be a hardship on families, especially on the children of couples made up of BC/non-EEA parents.

Quote:
Kate Green: Children's well-being may be at risk if the family migration rules perpetuate family separation by preventing a parent from joining his or her family here in the UK. What is the Minister doing to monitor the impact of the family migration rules on children's well-being?
This particular Parliamentary enquiry started several months ago, and will conclude at the end of this month (31 Jan 2012).

http://www.appgmigration.org.uk/news...igration-rules

The APPG on Family Migration are asking for written evidence of the impact these rules have had on people's lives.
Quote:
Individuals who have direct experience of the new family migration rules, as well as support organisations and advisers, are particularly invited to share their views.
Here's the page to contribute your own evidence if you wish:

http://www.appgmigration.org.uk/family-inquiry
Old Jan 31st 2013, 4:58 am
advocatus diaboli

Panhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nice
Default Re: last hours to have your say about UK Immigration policy!

I got my invite today, shame Im out of the UK at present, I have a big mouth and we need big mouths for this one

If anybody interested you should book now

Family Migration Inquiry - Oral Evidence Session
Date: Monday, 11th February 2013
Time: 17:00 - 18:30
Venue: Committee Room 17, House of Commons, Houses of Parliament

Dear *****,

You are invited to attend the All-Party Parliamentary Group on Migration's first oral evidence session into the impact of the changes to the family migration rules that came into force on 9th July 2012.

The APPG Migration inquiry committee will take evidence from four witnesses, followed by a brief opportunity for contributions from the floor.

Witnesses:
Professor David Metcalf, Migration Advisory Committee
Jill Rutter, Daycare Trust
Barry O'Leary, Immigration Law Practitioners' Association
Mahmud Qayum, Camden Community Law Centre

Please note that the evidence session will have limited room for attendees. If you wish to attend, you must confirm in advance by signing up on event brite here http://familyinquiry.eventbrite.com.

For full information about the APPG Migration inquiry, including the terms of reference, please visit www.appgmigration.org.uk/family-inquiry. A second oral evidence session will take place on 4th March, and further details will be circulated at a later date.

Best wishes,

Awale Olad
Parliamentary Affairs Officer

APPG on Migration - Secretariat
Migrants’ Rights Network | 33 Corsham Street | London N1 6DR
T: 020 7336 9416 | [email protected] | www.appgmigration.org.uk
Charity no. 1125746 | Company no. 6024396

If you do not wish to receive any further information on this forum unsubscribe from this list or send an email to [email protected]

Last edited by Panhandle; Jan 31st 2013 at 5:02 am.
Old Jan 31st 2013, 5:20 pm
Under blue skies

WEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond reputeWEBlue has a reputation beyond repute

These are truly the final hours to make your opinion of the new rules known. The link is still working to accept submissions of evidence but I assume it will not work beyond midnight tonight in the UK.

http://www.appgmigration.org.uk/family-inquiry
Old Feb 6th 2013, 7:45 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Panhandle
I got my invite today, shame Im out of the UK at present, I have a big mouth and we need big mouths for this one

If anybody interested you should book now

Family Migration Inquiry - Oral Evidence Session
Date: Monday, 11th February 2013
Time: 17:00 - 18:30
Venue: Committee Room 17, House of Commons, Houses of Parliament
I received my invite a week ago, and booked my place the same day.

Today, I received an e-mail asking me to call one of the organisers (which I did), and I've been asked to address the inquiry at the start of the meeting to say how the current rules affect my situation.

What's the correct form to address a Baroness and parliamentarians?
Old Feb 6th 2013, 7:48 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee

Today, I received an e-mail asking me to call one of the organisers (which I did), and I've been asked to address the inquiry at the start of the meeting to say how the current rules affect my situation.

"Oi you"?
Old Feb 6th 2013, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

BlueMorpho has a brilliant futureBlueMorpho has a brilliant futureBlueMorpho has a brilliant futureBlueMorpho has a brilliant futureBlueMorpho has a brilliant futureBlueMorpho has a brilliant future

Dear Fascist Bully Boys...? Boomshanka?!
Old Feb 6th 2013, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

Seriously, that's fantastic. Have fun.
Old Feb 6th 2013, 8:29 pm
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
"Oi you"?
Originally Posted by BlueMorpho
Seriously, that's fantastic. Have fun.
Thanks guys! Hopefully I'll be able to get out afterwards without hassle!
Old Feb 8th 2013, 8:36 am
BE Enthusiast

englishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond reputeenglishguygoinghome has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck. I had to them down the invitation as I won't be in London until Tuesday. Hope it is webcast somewhere.
Old Feb 10th 2013, 2:15 am
advocatus diaboli

Panhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nice

Well from their current form I guess I would say "you old lag"
Old Feb 11th 2013, 5:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

We are anxiously awaiting your report!
Old Feb 11th 2013, 11:45 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

any news?
Old Feb 12th 2013, 9:53 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by perthhomeschool
We are anxiously awaiting your report!
Originally Posted by nikki dreaming
any news?
Not much....

The committee consisted of Baroness Hamwee (chair), Lord Teverson, Lord Hussein, Kate Green M.P. and Sarah Teather M.P. They did state that the Government isn't required to take their recommendations into account under Parliament rules, but they do have to listen to them.

Baroness Hamwee came up to me and said she'd heard all about me and my case, and was looking forward to hear what I had to say.

I said my piece, and was followed by 4 witnesses called by the committee to give evidence.

Professor David Metcalf (Chair of the Migration Advisory Committee)
Professor Metcalf's committee was tasked by the government to come up with a figure on economics of immigration. The £18,600 was arrived at as the number at which income-related benefits stop (so don't lose your job anyone).

Barry O'Leary (Immigration Law Practioners Association)
Mahmud Quayad (Camden Community Law Centre)
Jill Rutter (Daycare Trust)

The latter three speakers referenced my case to make their points, and I was also quoted by the committee members when they asked questions of the witnesses.

I received an e-mail today from the organisors, who said my testimony was very effective, and they'll keep me informed as things progress.
Old Feb 12th 2013, 10:00 pm
WhiteRabbit

rebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond repute

Not much....

The committee consisted of Baroness Hamwee (chair), Lord Teverson, Lord Hussein, Kate Green M.P. and Sarah Teather M.P. They did state that the Government isn't required to take their recommendations into account under Parliament rules, but they do have to listen to them.

Baroness Hamwee came up to me and said she'd heard all about me and my case, and was looking forward to hear what I had to say.

I said my piece, and was followed by 4 witnesses called by the committee to give evidence.

Professor David Metcalf (Chair of the Migration Advisory Committee)
Professor Metcalf's committee was tasked by the government to come up with a figure on economics of immigration. The £18,600 was arrived at as the number at which income-related benefits stop (so don't lose your job anyone).

Barry O'Leary (Immigration Law Practioners Association)
Mahmud Quayad (Camden Community Law Centre)
Jill Rutter (Daycare Trust)

The latter three speakers referenced my case to make their points, and I was also quoted by the committee members when they asked questions of the witnesses.

I received an e-mail today from the organisors, who said my testimony was very effective, and they'll keep me informed as things progress.
Let me say this. I admire what you have done and I hope it helps your case.

And from people like us, expats trapped abroad and exiled by their country of birth, I want to say thank you. Thank you for trying to make a difference.
Old Feb 12th 2013, 10:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rebeccajo
Let me say this. I admire what you have done and I hope it helps your case.

And from people like us, expats trapped abroad and exiled by their country of birth, I want to say thank you. Thank you for trying to make a difference.
Seconded!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.