Back And Still Scared!

Old Jun 30th 2012, 1:02 pm
advocatus diaboli

Panhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nice
Unhappy Back And Still Scared!

Hello again everybody,

Well Ive been back 2 months now, ended up moving into the parents place to save money. Living in London sure is expensive and so much more crowded, managed to get myself a job after 4 weeks through a job agency, I tried the job centre but found I was dealing with a bunch of muppets, honestly they just haven`t got two brain cells to rub together, their sole purpose seem to be making sure I could not get on jobseekers allowance and when they were satisfied that they had succeeded then they showed me the door, didn't mention anything about helping me find a job etc.

Well working now, minimum pay £6.07ph over 3 hours travelling time a day, job easy clean etc but enough to make you brain dead.
Don't pay tax because they pay so low , by the time I take my bus fares out and food etc Im skint, talk about working in the work house!

I left my wife overseas 4 months pregnant while I try to establish a future for us, have plans to by a flat somewhere in a safe part of London but noticed not many properties on the market, so not much choice in the two bedroom dept. Many one bedroom flats selling for £240'000plus, in my chosen area, dont know what to do now, Ive been told I should wait as the banks are putting rates up which should flush out those interest only loans used to buy property. I have to go back overseas one month before baby born and will stay for maybe six months before I return hopefully with my wife in tow.

Im abit worried about the new changes to the immigration laws for the UK, the supposed £25000 plus income one must have to enable you to sponsor your spouse to come to the UK, at the moment I have an income of just under £12000pa, I also have interest from monies in bank for buying home which is around £14000, do you think these two combined will get my wife over the line?
She meets all the other criteria ie she speaks & writes English, is educated with university degree.

Im kind of enjoying being back, though the drop in standard of living is quite noticeable, and so many ethnics everywhere, where are all the English!? Are they on exchange!
Have got no problem with other cultures etc, just feel swamped, maybe its something to do with the minimum pay, cant see how anybody can get ahead here.
Well I will stick it out and see what comes of it, its only been 2 months
Old Jul 1st 2012, 1:44 pm
Forum Regular

gmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud of
Default Re: Back And Still Scared!

If you're earning £14,000 interest then you have more than enough capital to satisfy the new rules. At an interest rate of 3% you need over £380,000 in the bank, they will roll out the red carpet for you.
Old Jul 1st 2012, 2:28 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Shouldn't you just file for her before the 9th of this month when the new income guidelines come in to play?
That way you won't have to have as big an income and she'll be in UK before the baby comes.
Old Jul 1st 2012, 3:19 pm
advocatus diaboli

Panhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nicePanhandle is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
Shouldn't you just file for her before the 9th of this month when the new income guidelines come in to play?
That way you won't have to have as big an income and she'll be in UK before the baby comes.

Im looking into that now online to see if I can submit application online and do the paperwork later.

Thanks.

Last edited by Panhandle; Jul 1st 2012 at 3:39 pm.
Old Jul 1st 2012, 4:27 pm
advocatus diaboli

Originally Posted by gmralston
If you're earning £14,000 interest then you have more than enough capital to satisfy the new rules. At an interest rate of 3% you need over £380,000 in the bank, they will roll out the red carpet for you.
I was under the impression that the new amount of funds would be £25000pa plus more if you have a child?

Just researched UK border Agency website and found this:

Options for meeting the new minimum income threshold: The Government has considered whether non-employment income should be allowed to count towards the minimum income threshold. The Government has decided to allow the migrant partner and their sponsor to use non-employment income, e.g. rental income from property, and significant cash savings under their control towards the minimum income threshold.

This was taken from : http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/si...pact-state.pdf

Last edited by Panhandle; Jul 1st 2012 at 5:59 pm.
Old Jul 1st 2012, 8:21 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

It's going to be £18,600 for a couple. Do you have children too?
Also if you file this week you are in under the deadline aren't you?
Old Jul 2nd 2012, 6:17 am
Forum Regular

gmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud ofgmralston has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Panhandle
I was under the impression that the new amount of funds would be £25000pa plus more if you have a child?
]
It's not clear from your op if earn £14,000pa interest or have £14,000 earning interest. If it's the former then you should have no problems as your capital would be huge, if it's the latter then you need to find a £18k+ job. (I know, easier said than done, I'am in the same boat)
Old Jul 2nd 2012, 7:37 pm
advocatus diaboli

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
It's going to be £18,600 for a couple. Do you have children too?
Also if you file this week you are in under the deadline aren't you?
Ive been in touch with the relevant authorities and they advised me that unles I can submit application with all necessary document before the deadline then I will have to adhere to the new rules, Im not sure we can get all the docs together by the deadline.
Anyway Ive done the research and it seems that we tick all the boxes regarding funds etc.
Old Jul 2nd 2012, 7:39 pm
advocatus diaboli

Originally Posted by gmralston
It's not clear from your op if earn £14,000pa interest or have £14,000 earning interest. If it's the former then you should have no problems as your capital would be huge, if it's the latter then you need to find a £18k+ job. (I know, easier said than done, I'am in the same boat)
£14K interest from cash savings. Although once Ive bought a roof over our heads I doubt there will be much left.
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 6:43 am
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Why not move out of London? As one of the world's most expensive cities, it's an impossible place to live decently on a working wage.
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 6:48 am
BE Enthusiast

calliope is just really nicecalliope is just really nicecalliope is just really nicecalliope is just really nicecalliope is just really nicecalliope is just really nicecalliope is just really nicecalliope is just really nicecalliope is just really nice

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
Why not move out of London? As one of the world's most expensive cities, it's an impossible place to live decently on a working wage.
Everywhere is going to become an impossible place to live decently on a working wage under Cameron.
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 6:53 pm
advocatus diaboli

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
I want to live close to family and friends, also more opportunities for jobs in London.
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 7:10 pm
advocatus diaboli

Originally Posted by calliope
Everywhere is going to become an impossible place to live decently on a working wage under Cameron.
Your not wrong there! Im currently on the minimum wage, lucky Im staying with family or I would have to dip onto my savings, cant see how anybody can get a head here, so glad I worked hard and saved my money while living in Australia, I pity those who are just starting out today, I also feel for those who like me want to bring there partner to the UK but wont be able to meet the new requirements!

Seems like the Uk has gone back to being a developing country, well they do say everything runs in cycles
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 7:11 pm
Just Joined

midtown1968 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello i am new to this, but i need some help finding out what i need to do? I just got divorced i am a british citizen and planning on moving back to oxford April 2013, i have lived in the states since 1986. I was told to get my us citizenship as my older kids still live here if anything was to come up i could always move back and have a dual citizenship is this true? Also my youngest daughter wants to move with me she is 20 she is born in the us what does she need?.

Lastly i plan to live with my brother til i get a job and then move out, but not sure where to start.

I dont even know how to post an ad on here can someone help me?
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 11:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by midtown1968
Hello i am new to this, but i need some help finding out what i need to do? I just got divorced i am a british citizen and planning on moving back to oxford April 2013, i have lived in the states since 1986. I was told to get my us citizenship as my older kids still live here if anything was to come up i could always move back and have a dual citizenship is this true? Also my youngest daughter wants to move with me she is 20 she is born in the us what does she need?.

Lastly i plan to live with my brother til i get a job and then move out, but not sure where to start.

I dont even know how to post an ad on here can someone help me?
You can get US citizenship without giving up your UK one. This would help if you wanted to visit your family in the US.

You daughter needs to get a British passport (she is British by descent since you are a British citizen) and then will be able to visit/live in the UK as needed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.