Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

UK Passport timeline

UK Passport timeline

Old Oct 19th 2011, 11:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Brigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud of
Default UK Passport timeline

Hi everyone,

I know the old passport thread was closed, but I got permission from a moderator to do a timeline passport thread Thanks Jerseygirl

If you've filed for your passport in the DC office and received it recently, can you tell me what the timeline/time frame was?

I'm about to file for my passport soon and wanted to have some idea of the new and "improved" timelines.

Thanks for the response
Old Oct 20th 2011, 12:02 pm
Just Joined

wah001 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK Passport timeline

I sent off for my renewal on Tuesday and it arrived at the Embassy yesterday.

It doesn't expire till April but I am traveling at the end of December and didn't want to get caught up in the 6 months remaining rule most places have on passports.

It will be interesting to see how long it takes now that all the passports are printed in the UK and sent via DHL to you.
I'll keep you informed as I get any updates.
Old Oct 21st 2011, 3:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Brigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud ofBrigette has much to be proud of

wah001,

oh my gosh, it's no longer UPS:curse: I have had nothing but problems with DHL... oh my goodness. NOw it's time to panic all over again. Each and every time i have received a package from DHL that requires a signature and I wasn't home, the package was left outside the front door. ugh I guess this is what happens when one lets their passport expire.
Old Oct 21st 2011, 3:04 pm
Just Joined

Just got an e-mail from my bank.
They took the $244 for the passport!
That was quick as they only received it Wednesday
Old Oct 22nd 2011, 12:31 am
BE Enthusiast

YAY! That was really fast considering what happened over the summer. Good news. I guess it won't be long now...
Old Oct 24th 2011, 3:31 pm
IPM
Forum Regular

IPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to allIPM is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Brigette
Hi everyone,

I know the old passport thread was closed, but I got permission from a moderator to do a timeline passport thread Thanks Jerseygirl

If you've filed for your passport in the DC office and received it recently, can you tell me what the timeline/time frame was?

I'm about to file for my passport soon and wanted to have some idea of the new and "improved" timelines.

Thanks for the response
My wife recently received hers; total elapsed time was 4-5 weeks.
Old Nov 11th 2011, 10:58 am
Just Joined

Well, My old passport arrived from Washington yesterday.
What was amazing is that not 10 minutes later my NEW passport was delivered.
It was sent by DHL from the UK.
Total time 3 weeks....

I was pretty amazed to be honest.
Old Nov 15th 2011, 6:19 pm
Just Joined

Jacidy will become famous soon enoughJacidy will become famous soon enough

I'm having a serious issue trying to obtain my British Passport. I sent the original application (I'm applying for my first passport as I was on my mother's previously) the third week of August. They requested my mother's passport with some additional information, which was sent in September. I have not received any other correspondence whether it be asking for additional information etc, from anyone since. It has now been over three months since I sent the original application and nothing. And I keep seeing a DHL truck go through my apartment complex, but never stops for me Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Any ideas on how to resolve this issue?

Thanks so much,

Jaci
Old Nov 15th 2011, 7:27 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jacidy
I'm having a serious issue trying to obtain my British Passport. I sent the original application (I'm applying for my first passport as I was on my mother's previously) the third week of August. They requested my mother's passport with some additional information, which was sent in September. I have not received any other correspondence whether it be asking for additional information etc, from anyone since. It has now been over three months since I sent the original application and nothing. And I keep seeing a DHL truck go through my apartment complex, but never stops for me Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Any ideas on how to resolve this issue?

Thanks so much,

Jaci
You can contact the Careline Passport Information Line at +44 208 082 4721 (Credit Card Line - calls will be charged at £0.72 per minute plus VAT). +1 900 945 2220 for the USA, calls will be charged at USD 2.50 per minute and +1 900 783 5791 for Canada, calls will be charged at CAD 3.00 per minute. This line is open from 19:00 on Sundays (UK Time) to 01:30 on Saturdays (24 hour service).
Old Nov 16th 2011, 11:26 am
Just Joined

Thanks much, I will try this this morning.
Old Nov 16th 2011, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

ajmstevenson has much to be proud ofajmstevenson has much to be proud ofajmstevenson has much to be proud ofajmstevenson has much to be proud ofajmstevenson has much to be proud ofajmstevenson has much to be proud ofajmstevenson has much to be proud ofajmstevenson has much to be proud ofajmstevenson has much to be proud ofajmstevenson has much to be proud ofajmstevenson has much to be proud of

Hi,

I sent of my passport November 4th for change of name, due to the fact several times the people working at Manchester Airport have seem stumped by the difference in name of my green card to my passport (despite the fact all tickets were booked in the name on the passport, I had the marriage certificate and my husband with me on all occasions!). They received my passport on November 5th, and charged my Credit card on November 10th. Hopefully this means in a few weeks I will have my new passport in my hand.

Just as a side question, do I need to notify USCIS of my change of passport. I remember sending a copy of my passport page with my green card application...do i need to notify them of my change of passport (due to the change in passport number).
Old Nov 28th 2011, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

ajmstevenson has much to be proud ofajmstevenson has much to be proud ofajmstevenson has much to be proud ofajmstevenson has much to be proud ofajmstevenson has much to be proud ofajmstevenson has much to be proud ofajmstevenson has much to be proud ofajmstevenson has much to be proud ofajmstevenson has much to be proud ofajmstevenson has much to be proud ofajmstevenson has much to be proud of

Hey All,

I returned from Thanksgiving with the family on Saturday to discover USPS has tried to deliver something to me but I was out, so I assumed it was my original submission documents, however, couldn't go pick it up until today, when my husband was running errands. In the mean time however, I received a phone call from DHL to say they had a delivery for me, and turns out my passport is on its way to my house in the delivery van. It seems that based on the tracking history my passport was shipped on Friday from the UK. That's less than a month from the submission of my forms to the return of my new passport, which is far better than the 6 weeks predicted on the UK Embassy Website. Needless to say my husbands errands are now staying home to sign!
Old Nov 28th 2011, 2:33 pm
Just Joined

That's great news ajm! I am STILL waiting for mine, or a return phone call, email, etc. I contacted the Careline Passport Line to be told that the UK has no record of me, but would contact the embassy to contact me within 1-3 business days and let me know what was going on. This was 8 business days ago. I don't know what else to do, who else to contact at this point. I cannot keep making ten minute phone calls that cost me $2.50 a minutes to get nowhere.

Any ideas?
Old Nov 28th 2011, 4:28 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jacidy
That's great news ajm! I am STILL waiting for mine, or a return phone call, email, etc. I contacted the Careline Passport Line to be told that the UK has no record of me, but would contact the embassy to contact me within 1-3 business days and let me know what was going on. This was 8 business days ago. I don't know what else to do, who else to contact at this point. I cannot keep making ten minute phone calls that cost me $2.50 a minutes to get nowhere.

Any ideas?
As I understand the new system, the Passport Center in Washington gets all the documents in order before the information to produce the passport goes to the UK. As they requested more information the original application reached them. Did you send your mothers passport by a method that could be tracked, if so did you check to see if it arrived.

It seems that there is an unresolved problem with your application and unfortunately the only means of contact is via Careline, or sending a letter to the Passport Center asking them to confirm receipt of your mothers passport and an update on your application. Not sure the letter approach will work but can't think of anything else to suggest.
Old Nov 28th 2011, 4:36 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for your response.

Right, that is what I was told also when I contacted Careline via telephone. I have a confirmation that they received my mother's passport in September, five days after asking for it. This is ridiculous that there is no other way to contact them when the problem seems to lie at the Embassy in DC, and I reside in Maryland (20 minutes outside of where the Embassy is), and there is nothing more that I can do.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.