Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

IMMIGRATION COMPANY IN LIQUIDATION

IMMIGRATION COMPANY IN LIQUIDATION

Old Aug 18th 2011, 2:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

ellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default IMMIGRATION COMPANY IN LIQUIDATION

After getting no joy applying for jobs, we employed the services of an emigraton company who had been going for over 7 years. This company has now gone into liquidation.

Question:
How do I find out who the appointed liquidator is so we can try and recoup some of our money paid - as we have paid for services we havent and wont receive?

Any other helpful info, thanks would be appreciated.

Old Aug 18th 2011, 6:13 pm
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: COMPANY IN LIQUIDATION

Originally Posted by ellenarosemary
After getting no joy applying for jobs, we employed the services of an emigraton company who had been going for over 7 years. This company has now gone into liquidation.

Question:
How do I find out who the appointed liquidator is so we can try and recoup some of our money paid - as we have paid for services we havent and wont receive?

Try here or just google the name and see what info comes back........
Old Aug 18th 2011, 9:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Question:

I think to be brutally honest the customers like you will be way down the line with regards to those owed money. I lost a shit load of money with a finance co I invested in. People like you and I have little or no rights when companies go tits up. Little people always lose out. The rich just get richer.
Old Aug 18th 2011, 9:36 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Contact the IAA
Old Aug 19th 2011, 9:59 am
BE Enthusiast

DC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to beholdDC10 is a splendid one to behold

If you paid using a UK credit card you should have some rights. Contact the card issuer if this was the case and tell them that you have not received what you paid for and wish to dispute the transaction(s).

Good luck
Old Aug 19th 2011, 1:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

ellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately it was bank transfer, but some of the original deposit was a debit/credit card but it wasnt that much to start with. Will check, thanks
Old Aug 20th 2011, 12:28 am
`

Ah ! I realise who the company is. I doubt they would have found you a quality job offer TBH. Certainly they are not recruitment. I've heard several moans about their services & practice over the past few years.

I'll see what I can find out for you.
Old Aug 20th 2011, 11:35 am
BE Enthusiast

AngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond repute

What company is it?
Old Aug 20th 2011, 5:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Living, New Zealdn (was called global sands)

Last edited by BEVS; Aug 22nd 2011 at 7:39 am. Reason: Golden Sands
Old Aug 21st 2011, 10:44 am
Just Joined

nsc50 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Ellenarosemary

We know how you feel as we also have paid this company a lot of money. Although info we have been given is that they can still help with applications, employment contracts and liaise with employers but will use another Licensed Advisor to submit.
Old Aug 21st 2011, 3:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thats what we have been told, we have decided to leave our paperwork with them as if we take it away we obviously break the contract and certainly wont get anything then. Will just hang on and see what happens.
Old Aug 22nd 2011, 1:15 am
`

Who exactly gave this advice please?

You are aware that these people are not in a main city or even a main town of NZ are you? That they are not recruiters. Also, that the license was revoked for giving incorrect information & with-holding passports.

Last edited by BEVS; Aug 22nd 2011 at 1:17 am.
Old Aug 22nd 2011, 6:22 am
BE Enthusiast

The info given re future advice etc etc was all given by the director of the company. Who seems to be to be skirting around the immigration licencing issue. Even had an email this morning confirming he can still act on our behalf with the help of another agent?

You seem to hav found out quite a bit Bev, where can I look to see the reason why his licence was revoked - nteresting reading.
Old Aug 22nd 2011, 6:26 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

The info given re future advice etc etc was all given by the director of the company. Who seems to be to be skirting around the immigration licencing issue. Even had an email this morning confirming he can still act on our behalf with the help of another agent?

You seem to hav found out quite a bit Bev, where can I look to see the reason why his licence was revoked - nteresting reading.
Recent article here perhaps?
Old Aug 22nd 2011, 7:38 am
`

Even had an email this morning confirming he can still act on our behalf with the help of another agent?
No !

Doesn't that seem a bit mega dodgy to you ? To me , that is just so wrong.

PM me the name of this 'other agent' please if you don't want it up here. Confidental of course.

Could I ask you to take proper advice please? Starting with the IAA. I gave you the link previously.

What this bloke suggests is not OK.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.