Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

IMPORTANT - PASSPORT APPLICATIONS!!!! READ ME!!!!

IMPORTANT - PASSPORT APPLICATIONS!!!! READ ME!!!!

Old Jun 10th 2011, 12:47 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default IMPORTANT - PASSPORT APPLICATIONS!!!! READ ME!!!!

Just a heads up for anyone who has to use the Passport Service in Washington to renew/get a first passport.

There is a LONG delay (some reporting up to 12 weeks from sending their applications to getting their passports back) so give yourself plenty of time.

Plan accordingly. Don't leave it until the month before you need to fly to get that application in.

You can follow a thread on the subject here: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...607794&page=92
Old Jun 20th 2011, 6:38 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IMPORTANT - PASSPORT APPLICATIONS!!!! READ ME!!!!

Details of how to get an Emergency Travel Document here
Old Jun 20th 2011, 6:41 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

We are seeing a number of people trying to navigate the 3 post rule in order to pm Dean. Two things:
  1. The 3 post rule is there for a reason and we would appreciate you don't try to get around it.
  2. Please spare some thought for Dean who must be getting inundated with PM's and remember he doesn't work at the PO.

I suggest that people take the time to read through the last 20 or so pages of this thread, as well as the passport thread that is stuck at the top of the US forum, as a lot of the information that you are seeking has already been posted by members, and Dean himself. In doing so you will safe a lot of time for yourself and others.
Old Jun 29th 2011, 1:23 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

For those who want to have their voice heard over the time it's taking for passports renewals/applications to be processed, sign the petition started by BE member LP9

http://www.petitiononline.co.uk/peti...ington-us/3052