Reload this Page >

UK Passport Renewal taking a really long time

UK Passport Renewal taking a really long time

Old Jun 3rd 2011, 7:53 pm
Just Joined

Simosa88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK Passport Renewal taking a really long time

Originally Posted by lyonsden1193
no I have not got the problem you have got ... but I too was told that there are NO escalations.. this contradicts many posts on here... good luck
Yeah I don't I understand who can escalate and who can't. Maybe it depends on the people you speak to on careline or at the local embassy?
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 11:02 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by British Consul
Old. New style is only issued in the UK.

Dean
The new style is very pretty...and the info isn't on the back like it used to be, so doesn't get as knackered and manky as quickly if you keep it in your pocket
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 11:04 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lyonsden1193
no I have not got the problem you have got ... but I too was told that there are NO escalations.. this contradicts many posts on here... good luck
For a first time passport, there isn't I don't believe, only on renewals.
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 11:41 pm
Just Joined

nabejb0709 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bob
The new style is very pretty...and the info isn't on the back like it used to be, so doesn't get as knackered and manky as quickly if you keep it in your pocket
So i assume the new style have better security features than the 'old style' bird biometric passport? I have seen the design and looks neat! Any idea on the timeframe when FCO will start issuing the new style passport?
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 11:53 pm
Just Joined

nabejb0709 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by British Consul
Old. New style is only issued in the UK.

Dean
Thanks Dean for clarifying that. Do you have any idea as to when the FCO or IPS will start issuing the new style passport overseas? Or is that something yet to be determined? Is the new style have better security features than the bird design passport? Or are they both just as good security wise?
Old Jun 4th 2011, 12:35 am
BE Enthusiast

British Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond reputeBritish Consul has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: UK Passport Renewal taking a really long time

Originally Posted by nabejb0709
Thanks Dean for clarifying that. Do you have any idea as to when the FCO or IPS will start issuing the new style passport overseas? Or is that something yet to be determined? Is the new style have better security features than the bird design passport? Or are they both just as good security wise?
They won't be issued overseas. All passport production will transfer back to the UK later this year, or sooner depending if old passport stock runs out.

Dean
Old Jun 4th 2011, 11:22 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nabejb0709
You keep asking the same question/s. Dean has already posted the answer...possibly in one of the other UK passport threads.
Old Jun 5th 2011, 6:12 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...73#post9411973

Thread closed as there's so many passport threads that were on the go, the above thread is the one kept open, should make Dean's life easier and he should be able to respond quicker from now on.