hamilton meet up!

Old Jan 18th 2011, 7:37 am
Just Joined

shellnscott is an unknown quantity at this point
Default hamilton meet up!

we have been in hamilton now for about a year and we have met some lovely people but are still trying to extend the friendship cirlce! we are mid 20's and have a 1year old daughter. if anyone would like to meet up let me know.
Old Jan 21st 2011, 4:59 am
Forum Regular

Celticprince_86 is a name known to allCelticprince_86 is a name known to allCelticprince_86 is a name known to allCelticprince_86 is a name known to allCelticprince_86 is a name known to allCelticprince_86 is a name known to allCelticprince_86 is a name known to allCelticprince_86 is a name known to allCelticprince_86 is a name known to allCelticprince_86 is a name known to allCelticprince_86 is a name known to all
Default Re: hamilton meet up!

Originally Posted by shellnscott
we have been in hamilton now for about a year and we have met some lovely people but are still trying to extend the friendship cirlce! we are mid 20's and have a 1year old daughter. if anyone would like to meet up let me know.
I'd be keen to meet other Brits in Hamilton. I've been here for about 15 years now, but now I'm grown up I've decided I want to move back to the UK.
Old Jan 21st 2011, 8:36 pm
Just Joined

oh really so are you origianlly from the UK? why would you want to go back after so long surely you've got all your friends etc over here?
Old Jan 21st 2011, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

Celticprince_86 is a name known to allCelticprince_86 is a name known to allCelticprince_86 is a name known to allCelticprince_86 is a name known to allCelticprince_86 is a name known to allCelticprince_86 is a name known to allCelticprince_86 is a name known to allCelticprince_86 is a name known to allCelticprince_86 is a name known to allCelticprince_86 is a name known to allCelticprince_86 is a name known to all

oh really so are you origianlly from the UK? why would you want to go back after so long surely you've got all your friends etc over here?
I do have friends here of course,but the majority of my family is still in the UK. And I have lots of personal, social and political reasons for wanting to move back.
Old Mar 16th 2011, 7:41 am
Just Joined

jenham is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, if you're still looking for people to meet up with I'm trying to arrange something now too! I'm a little older, mid 30s, with 2 girls aged 2 and 4. We've also been here about a year, we came in April last year. See my (slightly sad and pathetic!) thread here: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=709403.

Jennie
Old Mar 16th 2011, 7:15 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jenham
Hi, if you're still looking for people to meet up with I'm trying to arrange something now too! I'm a little older, mid 30s, with 2 girls aged 2 and 4. We've also been here about a year, we came in April last year. See my (slightly sad and pathetic!) thread here: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=709403.

Jennie
hi jennie

just reading your thread, and can relate to pretty much all of what you've said, it is hard being here and feeling alone, lets face it kids really dont give you the best conversation. i would love to meet up, i know another family from the UK and they are lovely but thats really it when it comes to friends, and kiwis are hard to come by for friendships, which is a shame because they are really nice people. anyway i will pm you my number and just send a text through or phone me and we can arrange something. thanks for replying aswell

Rochelle
Old Mar 27th 2011, 10:07 am
Just Joined

midgetjen is an unknown quantity at this point

hey! im jennifer and me and my boyfriend have been in nz for 4 mnths now and are also struggling to meet people
im 25 and my boyfriend gerry is 26 and we are from scotland.

have u managed to arrage any meet ups?

keep in touch xxx
Old Mar 27th 2011, 8:01 pm
Just Joined

midgetjen is an unknown quantity at this point

hi im jennifer and me and my boyfriend gerry live in te kauwhata about 20mins from hamilton.
we are in our mid 20s and from scotland.
we are also struggling to meet people!

s would be good to keep in touch
look 4ward to your reply!
Old May 28th 2011, 3:57 am
Just Joined

Amtin is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Me and my partner just moved to Hamilton, have been here for a few months now and hope to make some new friends. Making friends seems to be more difficult that what i ever thought it would be and working in an office on my own means i haven't even had a chance to make work friends. Are any of you planning on meeting up any time soon? Would be so good to hear back from someone. Thanks and hopefully speak soon, Amy
Old May 28th 2011, 7:19 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Amtin
Hi all,

Me and my partner just moved to Hamilton, have been here for a few months now and hope to make some new friends. Making friends seems to be more difficult that what i ever thought it would be and working in an office on my own means i haven't even had a chance to make work friends. Are any of you planning on meeting up any time soon? Would be so good to hear back from someone. Thanks and hopefully speak soon, Amy
Hi Amy,
dont know of any meet ups but im sure we can arrange something, where abouts are you in hamilton? do you work full time, if so i take it weekend meet ups would be a better option. how long have you ben in nz? how you finding it so far? hope to hear back from u. Rochelle
Old May 28th 2011, 10:05 am
Just Joined

Hi Rochelle, Thanks for the reply We are living in Hamilton East at the moment, came to New Zealand in January (Christchurch initially, been in Hamilton since Christchurch earthquake). We are both in full time work so definite weekend meet would be excellent. Whereabouts are you based?

We absolutely love NZ looking forward to summer though Our house is soooo cold, no central heating and no double glazing brrrrr hehe

Hopefully we can get a meet date arranged soon? Would be nice to have friends again
Old May 30th 2011, 7:37 am
Just Joined

Hey no probs.

yeh best out of Christchurch for now, its warmer up here anyway, even though come summer you willbe wanting to move away from hamilton to somewhere with some sea breeze the humidity is crazy here.
We are moving this weekend to Rototuna so going to be a little hectic for a couple of weeks whiilst things get sorted.
so i take it its just the two of you no children? hope you dont mind me asking what age bracket you are in! we haven't found that many people our age not that it matters when your so far away from home its nice to have a circle of friends no matter what age they are. more the merrier.

I wil see what i can come up with for a meet up, will have to be child friendly unfortunately but im sure we can come up with something.

speak soon

Rochelle and Scott

Originally Posted by Amtin
Hi Rochelle, Thanks for the reply We are living in Hamilton East at the moment, came to New Zealand in January (Christchurch initially, been in Hamilton since Christchurch earthquake). We are both in full time work so definite weekend meet would be excellent. Whereabouts are you based?

We absolutely love NZ looking forward to summer though Our house is soooo cold, no central heating and no double glazing brrrrr hehe

Hopefully we can get a meet date arranged soon? Would be nice to have friends again
Old May 30th 2011, 7:56 am
Just Joined

Hey,

We traveled up here from Christchurch at the beginning of March and we could instantly tell it was a lot warmer here than the South Island Love the summer time and we will make sure we get to the seaside most weekends for that sea breeze We have found there is much more work in Hamilton than most other places (didn't really want to go to Auckland as thought it would be too busy for us), so looks like we will be in Hamilton for a while.

Good luck with the move. We are hoping to move soon-we are in a shared property at the moment, but we are now just about on our feet financially so looking for our own place.

No children yet, we are both 24-i will be 25 on the 12th of June so not long-is it sad that i still get excited for my birthday hehe. I dont think we look our age as we both got ID'd at the cinema the other day to watch a 16!! haha. I can see from a previous post that you are both in your 20's too.

Thanks for trying to sort a meet would be lovely to meet you and your family xxx
Old Jul 10th 2011, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

_0v0_ has a brilliant future_0v0_ has a brilliant future_0v0_ has a brilliant future_0v0_ has a brilliant future_0v0_ has a brilliant future_0v0_ has a brilliant future_0v0_ has a brilliant future_0v0_ has a brilliant future

Did the meet-up happen? Or are people still interested in sorting something out?
Old Jul 11th 2011, 7:58 am
Just Joined

chrissie-g is an unknown quantity at this point

I think a meet up may have happened. Would love to get another arranged. We have been here since May, just a couple of months so would be great to meet up with those going though/having gone through immigrating.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.