RRV Questions and Answers (merged threads)

Old Sep 23rd 2010, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

John J has a brilliant futureJohn J has a brilliant futureJohn J has a brilliant futureJohn J has a brilliant futureJohn J has a brilliant futureJohn J has a brilliant future
Default RRV Questions and Answers (merged threads)

Form 968i refers to "...were a permanent resident but have lost that status and your last permanent visa was not cancelled" under Should I apply for RRV.

I understood the PR visa to have two parts namely:
1. Permanent [Visa?] part (that does not expire per se)
2. Re-entry [visa?] facility (that lapses after a certain period)

With this in mind what is meant by Form 968i's
1. Losing of permanent resident status
2. Cancellation of Permanent visa?

Your replies would be appreciated.

John

Last edited by John J; Sep 23rd 2010 at 12:11 pm.
Old Sep 24th 2010, 2:03 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Resident Return Visa - PR status

There was a discussion previously ...
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=621687
Old Nov 25th 2010, 5:17 am
Forum Regular

John J has a brilliant futureJohn J has a brilliant futureJohn J has a brilliant futureJohn J has a brilliant futureJohn J has a brilliant futureJohn J has a brilliant future
Default Re: Resident Return Visa - PR status

The thread that Jeremy referenced has been closed so I am posting an update here.

Our family have not made the permanent move to Australia yet. I visited the Melbourne DIAC offices in person recently and applied for a concessional RRV. The application was motivated on :

1. Close family ties (my brother lives in Victoria and has PR) &
2. Business ties (the company that employs me plans to open an office in Australia within the next 6 months and I am earmarked to manage it)

The subclass 155 visa (5yr RRV) was granted on the spot.

Last edited by John J; Nov 25th 2010 at 5:21 am.
Old Dec 15th 2010, 11:43 pm
Forum Regular

GUFF will become famous soon enough
Default RRV Query

I have a subclass 136 PR visa which I have already validated.
(Granted Feb '08 must not arive after Feb '13)

I plan to permanently move to Australia in Aug 2011.

However if I wish to obtain a 5 yr automatic RRV I will not have clocked up the required 2 years by Feb 2013.

My question is can I legally stay in Oz beyond Feb 2013 and acquire the 2 years necessary for an automatic RRV grant? (provding I don't exit the country after this date as i'll have no valid visa to gain re-entry)

Secondly if you are working for an Australia company and they ask you to work overseas can this be counted as part of the 2 year period?

Any feedback greatly apprecaited.
Old Dec 16th 2010, 1:41 am
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RRV Query

Hi Guff,

Firstly, yes, you can legally stay in Australia after the expiry of your visa sticker. It's only the re-entry part of the visa that expires.

You don't necessarily need the full 2 years in 5 to get an RRV. You would need to show that your are 'resident' in Australia - which can include things like house ownership/rental contract, job, kids in school etc.

Have a read of http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Reside...Visa-Australia and see if you understand it all.

Cheers!
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 3:02 pm
Just Joined

SunshineTats is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help required re B136 and RRV

Good evening all and greetings from London

I was granted a B136 skilled migrant visa a few years back and came across to Oz for one year. Unfortunately, my relationship broke down and I returned to the UK. My visa is due to expire in approximately one year. I don't feel quite ready to return down under but am keen not to let the opportunity pass. Having looked on online, there appears to be a Resident Return Visa which I may/may not be eligible for. The trouble is, that you can only apply once your visa has expired! Also being in the UK with no significant ties to Australia puts considerable doubt over the likelihood of me getting this. I will also of course have no visa should I not be granted the resident return visa.

My question is therefore, has anyone else been in such a situation?

Many thanks guys in anticipation...

Tati
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 3:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help required re B136 and RRV

What makes you say you can only apply when your visa has expired? You can apply for a RRV any time you like. Though if you don't have much in the way of ties to Australia, it's not looking good.... on the other hand, you stand no chance at all if you don't apply....
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 4:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Do you have any ties to Australia whatsoever? At the moment, your chances of getting a RRV would look remote to me, although I have seen people get them when it appears that they do not qualify.

I think you would be better off not getting into a situation where you are trying to get the RRV from the UK and with few links to Australia. You have a year to make the move, isn't it long enough, considering you have already had 4 years? If it isn't, then perhaps this is just not something for you.

The system is designed to prevent people from getting visas and then not moving over for years and years and years. They want migrants to contribute to the economy not come over many years later to retire.
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 5:16 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SunshineTats
Thanks both

Bermuda shorts - retire? I am in my 20s!!!

Idea was not to emigrate many years later but as I mentioned, my personal circumstances meant a return to the UK.

Anyhow, I do have an australian boyfriend of 1 year so that's quite a tie.

One year might be enough time but would prefer to go when I feel ready and when I am ready to kiss goodbye to Europe and travel! Guess my choices are limited unless I marry him!

Tati
An Australian boyfriend won't be enough of a tie to justify a RRV unless you have other ties as well If you move before the expit=ry date of your visa and start working, somewhere to live, put down roots etc you are much more likely to get one. If you are still in the UK when the visa expires I would be VERY surprised if you get one as there appears to be nothing to indicate you intend to live in Australia.
Old Jan 14th 2011, 9:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute
Default RRV - London

Does anyone know how long it is taking to process discretionary RRVs at the High Commission in London at the moment?
Old Jan 15th 2011, 6:01 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RRV - London

Can't think of anyone off hand who's applied for one offshore, let alone AHC London. So no idea, sorry.
Old Jan 25th 2011, 1:07 am
Just Joined

cherylv is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RRV for my family

Hi,

My dad has been approved for resident return visa 155 back in 2007 (personal ties, all his children are Australian citizens). He has never lived in Australia for more than 2 months in the last 3 years due to work and family commitments overseas. He is planning to live in Australia now, can he extend his RRV or does he need to go though all the process again? I have received conflicting info in regards to RRv, one says that RRV can be extended indefinitely, and one says that it will be subject to new application and assessment again.
can he apply for RRV before it expires in 2012?
Can anyone please shed some light? THank you
Old Jan 25th 2011, 4:44 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RRV for my family

Originally Posted by cherylv
Hi,

My dad has been approved for resident return visa 155 back in 2007 (personal ties, all his children are Australian citizens). He has never lived in Australia for more than 2 months in the last 3 years due to work and family commitments overseas. He is planning to live in Australia now, can he extend his RRV or does he need to go though all the process again? I have received conflicting info in regards to RRv, one says that RRV can be extended indefinitely, and one says that it will be subject to new application and assessment again.
If his RRV does not expire until 2012 why would he need to apply for another one? He has a year until it's no longer valid. All he has to do is settle in Australia before the expiry date on his visa and he's golden. After a few years he can either apply for citizenship or if he needs to travel he can apply for a new RRV.
Old Jan 25th 2011, 4:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cherylv
Hi,

He would find it much easier to get the RRV if he waits until he has moved back to Australia. The RRV cannot be extended indefinitely, it will need to be renewed eveyr five years if citizenship is not obtained.
Old Jan 25th 2011, 4:52 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
He would find it much easier to get the RRV if he waits until he has moved back to Australia. The RRV cannot be extended indefinitely, it will need to be renewed eveyr five years if citizenship is not obtained.
He's already got a RRV. He doesn't need another one if he settles here before the one he has expires.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.