Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Dec 1st 2010, 6:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I sent a text to my OH in ChCh saying snowed in and not going to work. His reply - poor you and thanks for reminding me, I need to get more sunscreen!
Pictures are from my dog walk 5.30am in Tonbridge, Kent this morning.
Attached Thumbnails Snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-100_3689.jpg   Snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-100_3694.jpg  
Old Dec 1st 2010, 6:20 pm
Forum Regular

Aliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to all
Default Re: Snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This weather is definately making me look forward to Nz even more!!! Snowed in here (Wales) earlier in the week!!!
Old Dec 1st 2010, 6:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

MattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to behold

wow great fofos... your dog does not look amused!
so glad we left all that behind. the big freeze of last winter was the main motivator for us applying in January!
good luck with everything
M&J
Old Dec 1st 2010, 6:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aliwales
This weather is definately making me look forward to Nz even more!!! Snowed in here (Wales) earlier in the week!!!
Was in Cardiff Saturday for the match - my friend got a phonecall to say no heating and no water at her place near Brecon. The Cardiff girls were still out in their shorts and strapless tops when I got there at 10pm Friday night, in the snow and ice!
Old Dec 1st 2010, 6:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by MattandJax
wow great fofos... your dog does not look amused!
so glad we left all that behind. the big freeze of last winter was the main motivator for us applying in January!
good luck with everything
M&J
Thank you! Bless my dog - he does look a tad fed up! Have accepted offer on our house, so, hoping all goes smoothly and can join OH and oldest son in ChCh. Have heard we have tickets for the England Georgia match RWC 2011 -maybe not the most exciting but can't wait!
Old Dec 1st 2010, 8:33 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Oooooo. I love snow pictures. Honest, I really do.

More, pretty please.
Old Dec 1st 2010, 8:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by BEVS
Oooooo. I love snow pictures. Honest, I really do.

More, pretty please.
Bevs - this was my thread earlier in year - pretty snow pics in there!

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=645264
Old Dec 1st 2010, 8:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bevs - looking back at my old thread, you wrote lots of lovely things about the snow pictures then too! Thank you!
Old Dec 1st 2010, 9:51 pm
mick/caz

mwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chippy64
I sent a text to my OH in ChCh saying snowed in and not going to work. His reply - poor you and thanks for reminding me, I need to get more sunscreen!
Pictures are from my dog walk 5.30am in Tonbridge, Kent this morning.
Chippy,
Is it bad in tonbridge as am back to work on friday, i work in hildenborough on the tonbridge rd, and got to try and get there from where i am!!
Old Dec 1st 2010, 10:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

AngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond reputeAngelaandJim has a reputation beyond repute

The snow has been a nightmare for us! It has devastated our business around 7000 sq ft of our roof collapsed on Sunday night destroying everything. The building is being demolished as the gable ends are ready to collapse also. We are still in shock but will get through it. Snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-p1040587.jpg

Snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-p1040580.jpg
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 7:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mwhite1962
Chippy,
Is it bad in tonbridge as am back to work on friday, i work in hildenborough on the tonbridge rd, and got to try and get there from where i am!!
Yes it is quite bad. Went on dog walk at around 7.30am this morning and saw no more than 3 or 4 cars. It is still snowing and has been for over 48 hours non stop. I have seen less snow on a ski holiday in the French Alps! Well over a foot deep and drifting. You can't see where roads end and pavements start. Trains hardly running (there's a surprise!) so best of luck!
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 7:07 am
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=AngelaandJim;9015700]The snow has been a nightmare for us! It has devastated our business around 7000 sq ft of our roof collapsed on Sunday night destroying everything. The building is being demolished as the gable ends are ready to collapse also. We are still in shock but will get through it. QUOTE]

Angela and Jim, that is awful! What will you do now? I would imagine insurance will cover the cost of repair/rebuilding but that doesn't help you recoup lost income.

When are you due to leave UK?
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 7:38 am
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AngelaandJim
The snow has been a nightmare for us! It has devastated our business around 7000 sq ft of our roof collapsed on Sunday night destroying everything. The building is being demolished as the gable ends are ready to collapse also. We are still in shock but will get through it. Attachment 97288

Attachment 97287
Oh that's nuts guys , we've had very little snow here (first last night).
Sending hugs x
Old Dec 2nd 2010, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

Aliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to allAliwales is a name known to all
Smile Re: Snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by chippy64
Was in Cardiff Saturday for the match - my friend got a phonecall to say no heating and no water at her place near Brecon. The Cardiff girls were still out in their shorts and strapless tops when I got there at 10pm Friday night, in the snow and ice!

Lol!!!! The welsh certainly have resilience to the cold on a weekend evening!!

Bbbrrrrr though in my opinion!! Lol. Roll on sun and beaches!! *swoon* at the thread titled scorching
Old Dec 3rd 2010, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

PHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to beholdPHONEJUNKY is a splendid one to behold

This is a pic of my garden and one of the M1 motorway i was driving my truck down. And one of me stuck in a queue for 4 hours trying to get to a truckstop.
I have it all to come again when i go back to work on sunday.
Attached Thumbnails Snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-004.jpg   Snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-005.jpg   Snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!-014.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.