Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Advice NZIS re-calculating points lost 50!

Advice NZIS re-calculating points lost 50!

Old Nov 10th 2010, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

Scousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to all
Default Advice NZIS re-calculating points lost 50!

HI

Need advice. Been put back in the pool as they've re-calculated EOI points from 155 to 105 - bit of a difference.
Husbands qualifications were not assessed therefore cos not on list lost 20 points
Only did 10 months work in NZ previously so lost 5 points
and the rest on my qualifications as I'm only seen as a level 8 Social Worker after PARS. They've not included my degree, post qualification and I couldn't put in my current qualification as I'm still completing it which is at degree level.

What's my options - argue for more points with NZIS
Put both lots of qualifications in for assessment or just mine as main applicant
cross fingers and hope to be pulled out of pool at 105 - what are the chances of this??

I didn't want to go for a job yet as wanted to get the PR first for the security for my family but apply for jobs before I get there as I will be joining an agency to do this. Is it worth discussing all this with NZIS? Not sure what to do.

Any advice - anyone?? It's s frustrating I couldn't have anymore qualifications (on British terms) if I tried.
Old Nov 10th 2010, 8:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

concretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud of
Default Re: Advice NZIS re-calculating points lost 50!

Originally Posted by Scousebird
HI

Need advice. Been put back in the pool as they've re-calculated EOI points from 155 to 105 - bit of a difference.
Husbands qualifications were not assessed therefore cos not on list lost 20 points
and the rest on my qualifications as I'm only seen as a level 8 Social Worker after PARS. They've not included my degree, post qualification and I couldn't put in my current qualification as I'm still completing it which is at degree level.

Put both lots of qualifications in for assessment or just mine as main applicant
cross fingers and hope to be pulled out of pool at 105 - what are the chances of this??

I didn't want to go for a job yet as wanted to get the PR first for the security for my family but apply for jobs before I get there as I will be joining an agency to do this. Is it worth discussing all this with NZIS? Not sure what to do.

Any advice - anyone?? It's s frustrating I couldn't have anymore qualifications (on British terms) if I tried.
looks like you are going to need a job offer, i know about loseing points we worked in tauranga for eight months, so lost 5 points we have a one year temporary work visa but are trying for pr as well we have to go with a accredited employer for two years first, so not sure to go or stay??????
good luck in what you do
Old Nov 11th 2010, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

Scousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to allScousebird is a name known to all

Originally Posted by concretepump
looks like you are going to need a job offer, i know about loseing points we worked in tauranga for eight months, so lost 5 points we have a one year temporary work visa but are trying for pr as well we have to go with a accredited employer for two years first, so not sure to go or stay??????
good luck in what you do
Thanks, it all else fails might have to get a job first, work visa second and then re-apply for PR, just wanted to have the security. Oh well may need to look at travel insurance to! Good luck with your adventures to.
Old Nov 11th 2010, 5:54 pm
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, it all else fails might have to get a job first, work visa second and then re-apply for PR, just wanted to have the security. Oh well may need to look at travel insurance to! Good luck with your adventures to.
If having a job offer lifts your points enough you can apply for PR before travelling if your start date allows enough processing time. Alternatively you could process a WTR visa (quick), then apply for PR on arrival, you don't have to wait the 2yrs if you have enough points.

Many many peeps need a job offer to get enough points btw...
Old Nov 11th 2010, 6:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by simonsi
If having a job offer lifts your points enough you can apply for PR before travelling if your start date allows enough processing time. Alternatively you could process a WTR visa (quick), then apply for PR on arrival, you don't have to wait the 2yrs if you have enough points.

Many many peeps need a job offer to get enough points btw...

Thanks - I might have to do that. But I don't think they've assessed my qualifications fairly so I'm going to follow it up which will no doubt cost me more money to have everything assessed. I didn't include one either as I've nearly finished it so couldn't put it down. They've said they don't meet the requirements for the absolute shortage list but I don't see how they don't. It's so confusing.
Old Nov 15th 2010, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks - I might have to do that. But I don't think they've assessed my qualifications fairly so I'm going to follow it up which will no doubt cost me more money to have everything assessed. I didn't include one either as I've nearly finished it so couldn't put it down. They've said they don't meet the requirements for the absolute shortage list but I don't see how they don't. It's so confusing.
Quick update - I've been informed that I've lost 30 points because my qualifications are not 'comparable' on the LTSSL standards as they surpass the requirements. Basic interpretation - your over qualified for the points. Unbelievable. Any suggests anyone besides a job offer which appears to be the only way forward???
Old Nov 16th 2010, 5:51 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

I found this which may give you some insight into where NZIS are coming from...
Old Nov 16th 2010, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

I found this which may give you some insight into where NZIS are coming from...
I best not comment on that as I'm likely to have my post removed!!
Old Nov 16th 2010, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

just realised you provided a very useful link. Thanks very much going to mull it over and see whether its worth a round 2. I originally thought it was a sarcastic comment! Oops. Many thanks.
Old Nov 16th 2010, 9:58 pm
It is what it is Member

just realised you provided a very useful link. Thanks very much going to mull it over and see whether its worth a round 2. I originally thought it was a sarcastic comment! Oops. Many thanks.
Glad you found it useful, hope it helps.
Old Nov 16th 2010, 10:02 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I best not comment on that as I'm likely to have my post removed!!

That NZIS wesite revamp is looking good.
Old Nov 17th 2010, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

Glad you found it useful, hope it helps.

I've gone in for round two and quoted directly from the page you've given me. Fingers crossed If this attempt fails then I may have to go with the contingency plan b or possibly see if there is an agent who does no win no fee!! Thanks again anything is worth a try.
Old Nov 17th 2010, 6:09 pm
It is what it is Member

Old Nov 22nd 2010, 12:29 pm
Banned

robbyarg is an unknown quantity at this point

HI

Finish your education first to FULLY qualify for points. Get a JOB OFFER, this is pretty much a guarantee for you. If you already worked in NZ, should be no problem. Don't rush into things in life, as you will only waste money and time, and hurt your expectations.

Get the education completed, and look for the job offer in NZ. Normally, jobs would count better after the qualification is gained. If you have money, talk to an agent for advice. NZ Imaginne is not the best IMO, but can give you some decent tips spending NZ 250 dollars. Without a job offer, you need to be getting absolute skills shortage and a more guaranteed selection happens at about 115 points which would need 6 years work experience. 2 years give the absolute skills shortage is met would get about 110 if the qualification is Level 7 and your young with Long Term Skills Shortage.

Hope this helps.
Old Nov 22nd 2010, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by robbyarg
Finish your education first to FULLY qualify for points. Get a JOB OFFER, this is pretty much a guarantee for you. If you already worked in NZ, should be no problem. Don't rush into things in life, as you will only waste money and time, and hurt your expectations.

Get the education completed, and look for the job offer in NZ. Normally, jobs would count better after the qualification is gained. If you have money, talk to an agent for advice. NZ Imaginne is not the best IMO, but can give you some decent tips spending NZ 250 dollars. Without a job offer, you need to be getting absolute skills shortage and a more guaranteed selection happens at about 115 points which would need 6 years work experience. 2 years give the absolute skills shortage is met would get about 110 if the qualification is Level 7 and your young with Long Term Skills Shortage.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for taking the time to reply. I can't get anything near the absolute skills shortage or LTSS because of the requirements with my qualification. It's viewed at level 8 therefore exceeds the Level 7 but is not 'comparable' because the training is different. They've given me points for my work experience as it's 10 years+ but due to the requirements with immigration in regards to specifics they say I can't qualify for the others. Quite contradictory really. I'm still waiting for a reply since simonsi pointed me to a specific quote in immigration policy which is my last hope down this route. But I think you're right about not rushing - I hadn't planned to but a NZ job agency told me I needed to start the process now even though they knew and I knew I wasn't in a position to apply for jobs yet - wish I had listened to myself! But I'll wait and see on my last argument. Job offer is the contingency plan once I've finish my qualification and given birth! Thanks again for your kind words.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.