Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Help with Napa tours

Help with Napa tours

Old Oct 27th 2010, 4:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

jackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud ofjackattack has much to be proud of
Default Re: Help with Napa tours

I second (or third?) the V Sattui recommendation. I wouldn't bother with their wine tasting but if you're looking for more of an al fresco picnic lunch then they have a great deli with sausages, cheeses, bread and everything you would want for lunch. Go to a few wineries beforehand and buy a couple of bottles and then open these during your lunch at V Sattui (bring your own bottle opener just in case).
Old Oct 27th 2010, 4:48 pm
Are we there yet?

Trixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
Sounds like a plan!
Me three - it's the hubsters 50th bithday in January - it's either an hawaii 5-0 party or the wine train- yet to be decided.
Old Oct 27th 2010, 7:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

bromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to beholdbromleygirl is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jackattack
I second (or third?) the V Sattui recommendation. I wouldn't bother with their wine tasting but if you're looking for more of an al fresco picnic lunch then they have a great deli with sausages, cheeses, bread and everything you would want for lunch. Go to a few wineries beforehand and buy a couple of bottles and then open these during your lunch at V Sattui (bring your own bottle opener just in case).
Just to forwarn you though I have heard that V.Sattui get a bit snotty with people who bring their own bottles onto the site to drink which is understandable. The wine isn't so bad there and for $5/head and really nice surroundings you can't beat it.
Old Oct 27th 2010, 8:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

MandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond repute

Just did a wine tour after our wedding in August. Most vineyards do indeed charge for tastings but the tour we had was organised by our hotel (The Wine Country Inn) and given they knew our tour guide Tracey (plus we bought a couple of bottles as each!) the costs was waived.

We did mostly small vineyards Goosecross, Bennett Lane, Envy, Silverado (larger but fab views) Rutherford Hill is small and also has a great picnic place in their olive grove, Wm. Harrison and Beneserre. We enjoyed them all but my own two favourites were Silverado (their wines, especially Solo was delish but expensive so we've yet to own a bottle at $90) and Beneserre - very friendly, small, lovely garden for picnics. Oh and Copolla, too big and too commercial for my liking.

If you want to know anything just pm me!
Old Oct 30th 2010, 12:35 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Napa today hope the weather gets better for you!
Managed to take a pic end of the 'wine Train track"
Attached Thumbnails Help with Napa tours-napa1.jpg   Help with Napa tours-napa2.jpg   Help with Napa tours-napa3.jpg  

Last edited by Poppy girl; Oct 30th 2010 at 12:39 am.
Old Oct 30th 2010, 1:50 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Napa today hope the weather gets better for you!
Managed to take a pic end of the 'wine Train track"
Love what's at the bottom of the 2nd pic.
Old Oct 30th 2010, 1:56 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Love what's at the bottom of the 2nd pic.
Didn't notice that trust you
Old Oct 30th 2010, 2:35 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

...yeah, right
Old Oct 30th 2010, 3:00 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I'm only jealous because mine is on the front grill.
Old Oct 30th 2010, 3:18 pm

I'm only jealous because mine is on the front grill.
Yep gotta be on the front
Old Oct 30th 2010, 10:25 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Yep gotta be on the front
Maybe that should have been grille.
Old Oct 31st 2010, 12:08 am

Maybe that should have been grille.
Its not on the grille its on the hood
Old Oct 31st 2010, 12:15 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Its not on the grille its on the hood
Mines on the grille/grill...just below the hoode/hood.
Old Oct 31st 2010, 12:58 am

Mines on the grille/grill...just below the hoode/hood.
Thats cause you have the nice SUV and I have the Sports Salon, wonder why they put some on the grille and some on the hood!......I guess thats another thread lol
Old Nov 29th 2010, 2:56 am
Just Joined

sneezy47 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by joto
Thanks folks for all the great replies. I will keep those in mind for when we go.
Dear JOto

me & my husband have just visited SF & completed a wine tour.

We booked with Grey Line Sightseeing based at Fishermans Wharf

We went in Oct & didnt need to pre book, but summer time may be different.

We went to Napa & Sonma...had agreat time...visited three winerys first two

really generous, last one only keen to get your pennies.

Would recommend it me & my husband had a great laugh, I think we paid $69 per person Good Luck