Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Badly cut thumb will this be a problem?

Badly cut thumb will this be a problem?

Old Sep 21st 2010, 8:16 pm
London-San Fran-Vancouver

BadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud of
Default Badly cut thumb will this be a problem?

My OH has just sliced right across his thumb and is worried this will cause problems when they come to take out finger prints in the US.

Any ideas on this?
Old Sep 21st 2010, 8:18 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Badly cut thumb will this be a problem?

Originally Posted by BadgerNaboo
My OH has just sliced right across his thumb and is worried this will cause problems when they come to take out finger prints in the US.
Any ideas on this?
I think it is one finger (not thumb) on each hand on entry (pointing fingers).
Probably plenty of time for it to heal enough before further fingerprints are needed
Old Sep 21st 2010, 8:24 pm

BadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by kimilseung
I think it is one finger (not thumb) on each hand on entry (pointing fingers).
Probably plenty of time for it to heal enough before further fingerprints are needed
We fly the day after tomorrow not sure how well it will heal by then but hopefully it will be ok as it is one thumb
Old Sep 21st 2010, 8:26 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

We fly the day after tomorrow not sure how well it will heal by then but hopefully it will be ok as it is one thumb

but you do not need it to be healed by the day after tomorrow as only the pointing fingers are scanned on entry (if my memory serves me well)
I also expect that they will be used to this kind of thing.
Old Sep 21st 2010, 8:54 pm
Hello.

oicur0t is an unknown quantity at this point

Ouch
Old Sep 21st 2010, 8:54 pm

Last time we entered the US we had to do thumbs as well as fingers maybe it goes by State
Old Sep 21st 2010, 10:01 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Don't worry about it I doubt he's the first person to need fingerprinting with a cut, keep it bandaged and when they ask he can remove the dressing, the'll see what he's done. Aren't the prints done by scan now? He won't get the horrible ink in them when they are done and he can just put the dressing back on when you are done. They wipe the machine with alcohol so he shouldn't get an infection, but I'd slather it with some anti septic Neosporin or something after wards.
Dh has all kinds of scars on his fingers and never had problems with the scan fingerprint machine, I did, too many years of cleaning the house without gloves on my prints are faint and the machine kept rejecting them.
Old Sep 21st 2010, 10:07 pm

Thank you very much for the info I thought it would be ok.

Old Sep 21st 2010, 10:34 pm
Chocoholic !

ChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung
the pointing fingers
yep I think it was the bogey pickers
Old Sep 21st 2010, 11:47 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ChocolateBabz
yep I think it was the bogey pickers
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 10:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute

Last time we entered the US we had to do thumbs as well as fingers maybe it goes by State
certainly at LAX and SFO - all ten fingers.
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 10:49 am
Just Joined

funkybubbles is an unknown quantity at this point

When I went to SFO in Aug it was all 10 fingers
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 7:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

hopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond repute

Both thumbs and all 8 fingers, Seattle and Boston.
Old Sep 24th 2010, 12:13 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Just a dumb question here...Is it only certain nationalities that get fingerprinted? I entered on my Canadian passport in July and didn't get printed.
Old Sep 24th 2010, 4:03 am
Hello.

oicur0t is an unknown quantity at this point

We flew in to SFO today and I was only asked for my right hand four fingers. I did show him the cut but tbh he was the nicest immigration chap we've ever dealt with.

With the paperwork with the visa interview being so certain that a finger injury would mean the interview would be void I was a little worried.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.