Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Visa Declined Can anyone help us from here ???

Visa Declined Can anyone help us from here ???

Old Sep 9th 2010, 8:00 am
Just Joined

hopeful2010 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Visa Declined Can anyone help us from here ???

Hi All,

well its happened our worst nightmare. Our application was recieved by NS on the 25th of June just before the big change. This morning it arrived back in the post stating that we did not submit the correct form of payment. We gave all the Debit card details correctly and the funds are in our account so where do i go from here !!

can i appeal this under procedural fairness as its not our fault the payment did not process, our jobs have gone off the new list ....What now ???

we are just devestated !!!

any help or advice would be gratefully received !!
Old Sep 9th 2010, 8:14 am
Adapting slowly...

Funky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Visa Declined Can anyone help us from here ???

Sorry to hear that. I don't know what the next steps for you are, but I think it was the fact that you used a debit, rather than a credit card.
Old Sep 9th 2010, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

dasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hopeful2010
Hi All,

well its happened our worst nightmare. Our application was recieved by NS on the 25th of June just before the big change. This morning it arrived back in the post stating that we did not submit the correct form of payment. We gave all the Debit card details correctly and the funds are in our account so where do i go from here !!

can i appeal this under procedural fairness as its not our fault the payment did not process, our jobs have gone off the new list ....What now ???

we are just devestated !!!

any help or advice would be gratefully received !!
Debit Card is not an approved form of payment.

Sorry for the bad news.
Old Sep 9th 2010, 9:01 am
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed, I think it has to be a credit card
Old Sep 9th 2010, 9:05 am
Just Joined

HI

Debit cards have been used by many people i have seen visiting this forum hence why we used it. AT THE END OF THE DAY ITS MONEY STRAIGHT OUT OF OUR ACCOUNT INTO THEIRS ,AND I ALSO CHECKED WITH MY BANK THAT THE dEBIT CARD COULD BE USED BEFORE WE APPLIED

in talks with the bank at the moment to find out what happened.

OH WHAT A BAD BAD BAD DAY !!!
Old Sep 9th 2010, 9:27 am
Adapting slowly...

Funky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of lightFunky Florist is a glorious beacon of light

HI

Debit cards have been used by many people i have seen visiting this forum hence why we used it. AT THE END OF THE DAY ITS MONEY STRAIGHT OUT OF OUR ACCOUNT INTO THEIRS ,AND I ALSO CHECKED WITH MY BANK THAT THE dEBIT CARD COULD BE USED BEFORE WE APPLIED

in talks with the bank at the moment to find out what happened.

OH WHAT A BAD BAD BAD DAY !!!
I don't think it's the bank's fault. All they can do is confirm your card can be used overseas - which indeed it can. The problem is that CIC do not accept debit cards as payment.

It's up to the organisation what cards they accept, and those which they don't - there's a myriad of reasons why, often to do with charges and fraud prevention etc.

I am sorry about your situation - but I don't think it's the bank that's at fault.
Old Sep 9th 2010, 9:38 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Funky Florist
I don't think it's the bank's fault. All they can do is confirm your card can be used overseas - which indeed it can. The problem is that CIC do not accept debit cards as payment.

It's up to the organisation what cards they accept, and those which they don't - there's a myriad of reasons why, often to do with charges and fraud prevention etc.

I am sorry about your situation - but I don't think it's the bank that's at fault.
Its easier to deal with if i have someone to blame !! I was in touch with the bank and it shows that the cio did indeed make 2 atempts to get the payment from our debit card, so why would they try to put it through if it wasnt an acceptable form of payment, although the bank also states that it came back marked unsupported therefore it was the systems in the CIO that are at fault.

Not going to give up just yet...this dream means far too much to just give up !!!
Old Sep 9th 2010, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

dasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond reputedasalcedo has a reputation beyond repute

If the Debit Card has the VISA or MASTERCARD logo it could be used to pay the fees at CIO; otherwise it is not possible to do so.

Cheers
Old Sep 9th 2010, 9:59 am
BE Enthusiast

stokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nicestokesey is just really nice

Its easier to deal with if i have someone to blame !! I was in touch with the bank and it shows that the cio did indeed make 2 atempts to get the payment from our debit card, so why would they try to put it through if it wasnt an acceptable form of payment, although the bank also states that it came back marked unsupported therefore it was the systems in the CIO that are at fault.

Not going to give up just yet...this dream means far too much to just give up !!!
For what it's worth, I really feel for you.

Hope you can get it sorted, I take it you no longer qualify under the new rules?

Best of luck.

Stuart
Old Sep 9th 2010, 10:01 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by dasalcedo
If the Debit Card has the VISA or MASTERCARD logo it could be used to pay the fees at CIO; otherwise it is not possible to do so.

Cheers
Hi dasalcedo, & stokesey

yep its visa .....so it should have gone through!! we cant apply under the new rules both of our jobs have been removed from the new list
Old Sep 9th 2010, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

scotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura aboutscotty1974 has a spectacular aura about

thats a nightmare hopeful2010, I hope there is some way you can get that sorted
Old Sep 9th 2010, 11:05 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Debit cards are fine and CIC do accept them, so that's not the issue.

You can definitely contact CIC and cite 'procedural fairness' to them as normally they contact you and ask for another payment method, but since the list change they don't seem to be bothering to do that for people whose jobs are no longer on the list.

Fight it definitely - I know of two people who had exactly the same thing, fought it and are now back being processed.

Good luck.
Old Sep 9th 2010, 11:19 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Debit cards are fine and CIC do accept them, so that's not the issue.

You can definitely contact CIC and cite 'procedural fairness' to them as normally they contact you and ask for another payment method, but since the list change they don't seem to be bothering to do that for people whose jobs are no longer on the list.

Fight it definitely - I know of two people who had exactly the same thing, fought it and are now back being processed.

Good luck.
Oh we are going to fight it every step of the way. Do we have to corresponde by post is there an email address we can reach them at ??

Last edited by hopeful2010; Sep 9th 2010 at 12:50 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Sep 10th 2010, 10:16 am
Just Joined

Hi,

can anyone tell advise me on how to word my appeal to Sydney. We have a letter from the bank now stating that it was the systems in Sydeny that were at fault and not our card , but the last thing i want to do now is write a letter and offend someone

help please !!
Old Sep 10th 2010, 10:18 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Not a clue I'm afraid. Would it be worth paying a professional to help you appeal this? Might be worth considering as you'll only get one shot at this.

Good luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.