Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > The Sand Pit
Reload this Page >

Any teacher's starting work or working at Wesgreen School?

Old Sep 1st 2010, 2:15 pm
Just Joined

talljames is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool Any teacher's starting work or working at Wesgreen School?

I'm trying to find anybody who starting work on the 12th of September at Wesgreen school in Sharjah, or anybody who's already teaching there. That can offer any views on what its like working at that school and what the accommodation is like??
Old Sep 1st 2010, 9:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

banter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any teacher's starting work or working at Wesgreen School?

if you log on to www.tes.co.uk and go into the forums there you will find quite alot of detailed information.
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 6:29 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Should I?
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 6:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

yeah go on...
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 6:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grace O Malley
yeah go on...
sincerely hope it's not english he's going to be teaching, mind...

MM, xx
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 6:38 am
Down and out

ctfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond reputectfc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Should I?
yeah go on...
Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
sincerely hope it's not english he's going to be teaching, mind...

MM, xx
Absolutely shocking I'd say. I think you should SHOUT it out personally. Argghh!

Last edited by ctfc; Sep 2nd 2010 at 6:41 am.
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 6:49 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

yeah go on...
I didn't need too much egging on...

I'm trying to find anybody who starting work on the 12th of September at Wesgreen school in Sharjah, or anybody who's already teaching there. That can offer any views on what its like working at that school and what the accommodation is like??

Please tell me you're not teaching anything other than sports. Why should I care? I have this on-going battle with my own kids about things like the above mattering--they have a skewed view that such things don't matter, because their teachers believe they don't. But with one of my off-spring aiming to be a doctor, another a financial whizz-kid, they both need to be able to transfer what's in their mind to somebody else's mind, frequently in writing. And once they cease to write accurately, correctly and in conformity with long-standing protocols, they run the risk of muddling the message. Health and money are two areas where clear messages are definitely a good idea.

Apologies--you're bearing the brunt here of an on-going battle with the UK education system, the aim of which appears to be passing exams at the expense of education.

Welcome, by the way--but as mentioned in a contemporaneous thread, we do bite (but not nastily). Good luck.
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 6:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
I didn't need too much egging on...

Please tell me you're not teaching anything other than sports. Why should I care? I have this on-going battle with my own kids about things like the above mattering--they have a skewed view that such things don't matter, because their teachers believe they don't. But with one of my off-spring aiming to be a doctor, another a financial whizz-kid, they both need to be able to transfer what's in their mind to somebody else's mind, frequently in writing. And once they cease to write accurately, correctly and in conformity with long-standing protocols, they run the risk of muddling the message. Health and money are two areas where clear messages are definitely a good idea.

Apologies--you're bearing the brunt here of an on-going battle with the UK education system, the aim of which appears to be passing exams at the expense of education.

Welcome, by the way--but as mentioned in a contemporaneous thread, we do bite (but not nastily). Good luck.
you missed one.
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 6:59 am
Account Closed

Ethos83 is an unknown quantity at this point

I did drift over to a certain infamous website popular among bored and self-indignant expat mothers to see if there was anything on Wesgreen. A search returned almost no information.

That the school hasn't been discussed, tossed about and ripped apart by expat mothers probably tells you all you need to know.
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 7:19 am
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
you missed one.
Took that as a typo
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 8:27 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ethos83
I did drift over to a certain infamous website popular among bored and self-indignant expat mothers .
www.exPMTwoman.com?
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 12:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

banter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ethos83
I did drift over to a certain infamous website popular among bored and self-indignant expat mothers to see if there was anything on Wesgreen. A search returned almost no information.

That the school hasn't been discussed, tossed about and ripped apart by expat mothers probably tells you all you need to know.
That because it is mostly arabs and locals that send their children there as it is a non mixed school and it owned by arabs.

http://www.tes.co.uk/searchResults.a...ywords=sharjah

Try also searching green school as school names are not permitted.

Last edited by banter64; Sep 2nd 2010 at 12:34 pm. Reason: added link
Old Sep 17th 2010, 6:55 pm
Just Joined

linnerspinners is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by talljames
Hi there! I am starting work there next week...I'm Irish..what will you be teaching, what is the accommodation like..so many questions!!
Old Sep 18th 2010, 7:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by linnerspinners
Hi there! I am starting work there next week...I'm Irish..what will you be teaching, what is the accommodation like..so many questions!!
... and so few question marks!

welcome by the way...
Old Sep 18th 2010, 5:06 pm
Confirmed grumpy old man

Victor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond reputeVictor Meldrew has a reputation beyond repute

It's not a school which features highly in most people's conversations about good schools in Dubai.

Not particularly a high flyer. Sorry.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.