Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Please help with PR Timelines from the UK After Medicals..

Please help with PR Timelines from the UK After Medicals..

Old Aug 25th 2010, 12:24 pm
Just Joined

Mrcheeks147 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Please help with PR Timelines from the UK After Medicals..

Does anyone have an idea how long it takes for the Canadian Authorities to request for passports?

I did the medicals in May 2010 and also had request to make payments from them 2-3 weeks after undergoing the medical tests, which was paid promptly (within 2days)..

I sent an email last week asking for updates and I had a reply from them saying:

"Thank you for your message. We appreciate that you wish to arrive in Canada as soon as possible, however at this moment we do not anticipate requesting your passports for visa issuance before December 2010/January 2011.

Immigration and Medical Services Division

High Commission of Canada

38 Grosvenor Street
London W1K 4AA, United Kingdom"

This is quite worrying especially when ave. time is about 1-2 months after medicals?(correct me if I am wrong?!?!).

I was told by the Doctor that carried out the medical tests that if there was anything wrong she would get in touch before she forwards forward my test results to the Immigration and Medical Services Division but i never got feedback from the Medical Centre(thank goodness for that!)..

Anyone with similar experience - please share...

Many thanks...
Old Aug 25th 2010, 12:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Please help with PR Timelines from the UK After Medicals..

It looks like a number of people are getting the exact same response at the moment
Old Aug 25th 2010, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

Binty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really niceBinty is just really nice

Originally Posted by Mrcheeks147
Does anyone have an idea how long it takes for the Canadian Authorities to request for passports?

I did the medicals in May 2010 and also had request to make payments from them 2-3 weeks after undergoing the medical tests, which was paid promptly (within 2days)..

I sent an email last week asking for updates and I had a reply from them saying:

"Thank you for your message. We appreciate that you wish to arrive in Canada as soon as possible, however at this moment we do not anticipate requesting your passports for visa issuance before December 2010/January 2011.

Immigration and Medical Services Division

High Commission of Canada

38 Grosvenor Street
London W1K 4AA, United Kingdom"

This is quite worrying especially when ave. time is about 1-2 months after medicals?(correct me if I am wrong?!?!).

I was told by the Doctor that carried out the medical tests that if there was anything wrong she would get in touch before she forwards forward my test results to the Immigration and Medical Services Division but i never got feedback from the Medical Centre(thank goodness for that!)..

Anyone with similar experience - please share...

Many thanks...

O.M.G

Our meds were done in March. I then had to have a TB sputum test in May, the results were clear and have been at CHC London for almost 8-weeks now
I REALLY REALLY hope we don't have to wait until then as the wait so far is slowly driving me mad......

Binty
Old Aug 25th 2010, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

Pudseytwo is on a distinguished road

We too are still waiting We had our Medicals in June and haven't heard anything at all, our 'Ecas' still says "In Process" It's been 14 months since sending off our application
Old Aug 26th 2010, 11:33 am
mcm
Just Joined

mcm is a name known to allmcm is a name known to allmcm is a name known to allmcm is a name known to allmcm is a name known to allmcm is a name known to allmcm is a name known to allmcm is a name known to allmcm is a name known to allmcm is a name known to allmcm is a name known to all

We're the same - medicals done in July and sent a case specific query last week and got the same reply, word for word. Looks like things are pretty backed up at the mo'. Just waiting...waiting....endlessly waiting.
Old Aug 26th 2010, 12:40 pm
So near yet so far.......

Rubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant futureRubie has a brilliant future

Does anyone know if this is happening to all or only FSW application?

Would be interested to hear from PNP applicants experiencing the same delays.

thanks...........
Old Aug 26th 2010, 12:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

rubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond reputerubberduckofdeath has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pudseytwo
We too are still waiting We had our Medicals in June and haven't heard anything at all, our 'Ecas' still says "In Process" It's been 14 months since sending off our application
Blimey. Do you have a complicated application or is it fairly simple?
Old Aug 26th 2010, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rubberduckofdeath
Blimey. Do you have a complicated application or is it fairly simple?
We think it is quite straight forward, Mum, Dad and daughter aged 14, all fit and well (so the medical said) but who knows how the CIC works ?
Old Aug 26th 2010, 1:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Pudseytwo
We think it is quite straight forward, Mum, Dad and daughter aged 14, all fit and well (so the medical said) but who knows how the CIC works ?
Indeed! Oh well, good luck to you. Hope it's all sorted soon. We're currently awaiting AOR from London CHC!
Old Aug 26th 2010, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rubberduckofdeath
Indeed! Oh well, good luck to you. Hope it's all sorted soon. We're currently awaiting AOR from London CHC!
Thanks ! Good luck to you too, I did see someone the other day that had got his PR in 6 months so it can be done
Old Aug 29th 2010, 6:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

robert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nicerobert_masters is just really nice

Hi

Looks like we're all in the same boat.

we went through FSW route with meds done Jan 2010- with additional baby meds done April 2010. I emailed them with a reply 0n the 30th July:

Please be advised that your application is awaiting the review of an Immigration Officer.

We plan to activate visas in Jan 2011, so 'God to Forbid' if they don't come soon!!!

If we don't have passport request before Jan 2011 then we're stuffed and have to re-do a medical on 4 applicants!

I'm guessing this is our very final stage!!

will keep you posted.

Angela
Old Aug 30th 2010, 2:08 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Hmmm I am sorry to be play devils advocate but I find it very hard to believe that the e-mail as posted by the OP is an actual response from CIC. CIC (in my experience) never respond with timelines/dates.

They will always play their cards very close to their chest and you will usually get the standard "Your file is with an Officer for review"

Has anyone else received a response exactly the the same as the OP's?
Old Aug 30th 2010, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

Madhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to allMadhouse is a name known to all

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
Hmmm I am sorry to be play devils advocate but I find it very hard to believe that the e-mail as posted by the OP is an actual response from CIC. CIC (in my experience) never respond with timelines/dates.

They will always play their cards very close to their chest and you will usually get the standard "Your file is with an Officer for review"

Has anyone else received a response exactly the the same as the OP's?
The same quote has appeared a couple of times in this thread:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...613186&page=58

Search posts by Jericho.
Old Aug 30th 2010, 2:21 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madhouse
The same quote has appeared a couple of times in this thread:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...613186&page=58

Search posts by Jericho.
Thank you for that.

I think I had better investigate this a little closer...watch this space!
Old Aug 30th 2010, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

humanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to allhumanist is a name known to all

This is bad news for all those FSW applicants (like myself) who have completed their meds and were hoping the end was in sight!

I wonder if the process has ground to a halt for everyone, or if they're just reducing PR visa issues to a minimum until 2011?

I guess it'll be interesting to watch the forums to see if people still get Passport Requests over the coming months.

As for my own situation, this puts a spanner in the works. I worked in Toronto for 2 years (and have a Canadian girlfriend etc.) but my company moved me back to the UK in May - despite my TWP running until Jan 2012. So I've been travelling back and forth during that time, but it looks like my company are toughening up so working from Canada will no longer be an option. So basically my choices are:-

1. Give up my job and live off my savings in Canada until my PR comes through.

2. Move back to the UK for the 4 or 5 months it might take for my PR. Maybe my girlfriend could join me for a while.

....I suppose things could be worse, but the stress level is constantly high!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.