RV Sites

Old Aug 8th 2010, 8:11 am
Just Joined

firemanyin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RV Sites

Hi All

Only a few weeks before we land in Calgary for our reccie trip. Have the 5th wheel rv booked and have spent the last few days looking for rv sites that have good reviews. We are looking to stay in Calgary area for 5days and the best one found so far is bow rivers edge. Any Recommendations????

Then we travel down to Kelowna for a two day stop, found Todds RV site!Read reviews, not sure though!

Now we are struggling to find one in Vancouver that has a good reviews. Any recommendations in any area would be appreciated.

Many Thanks
Jan & Ian
Old Aug 8th 2010, 1:39 pm

TheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond reputeTheThornes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: RV Sites

No doubt you're getting very excited now then with just a few weeks left to go! Bow Rivers Edge is in Cochrane, where we live. I haven't actually stayed in it as it is right here in the town where we live and we choose to use campsites that are a bit more remote etc. However, I do walk past it everyday when I walk my dogs. Have to say, it certainly looks nice and I've heard good things about it from people I know who have stayed there.

It's certainly in a good location - right next to the river and a sports centre and close to town with all the amenities. If you're wanting to spend time in Calgary whilst staying there, it is about a half hour drive or so from Calgary.

Haven't been to Kelowna or Vancouver yet so no nothing of campgrounds there; we usually camp in Kananaskis or near Banff.

Anyway, enjoy your trip and hope you find some other good sites.

Originally Posted by firemanyin
Hi All

Only a few weeks before we land in Calgary for our reccie trip. Have the 5th wheel rv booked and have spent the last few days looking for rv sites that have good reviews. We are looking to stay in Calgary area for 5days and the best one found so far is bow rivers edge. Any Recommendations????

Then we travel down to Kelowna for a two day stop, found Todds RV site!Read reviews, not sure though!

Now we are struggling to find one in Vancouver that has a good reviews. Any recommendations in any area would be appreciated.

Many Thanks
Jan & Ian
Old Aug 8th 2010, 1:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

airbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond repute

I am interested in hearing from anyone who may have impartial RV site recommendations for Nova Scotia.

Full hook up required.....for a class A tent on wheels.

Ain't camping great

If you have the time...please fire away.
Old Aug 8th 2010, 3:58 pm
Just Joined

firemanyin is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=TheThornes;8761277]No doubt you're getting very excited now then with just a few weeks left to go! Bow Rivers Edge is in Cochrane, where we live. I haven't actually stayed in it as it is right here in the town where we live and we choose to use campsites that are a bit more remote etc. However, I do walk past it everyday when I walk my dogs. Have to say, it certainly looks nice and I've heard good things about it from people I know who have stayed there.

It's certainly in a good location - right next to the river and a sports centre and close to town with all the amenities. If you're wanting to spend time in Calgary whilst staying there, it is about a half hour drive or so from Calgary.

Haven't been to Kelowna or Vancouver yet so no nothing of campgrounds there; we usually camp in Kananaskis or near Banff.

Anyway, enjoy your trip and hope you find some other good sites.[/QUOTE

Many Thanks Thornes

Very excited now, husband more excited than me as he can't wait to drive the 5th wheel unit! My daughters also excited the oldest we will be dropping off in Canmore, she has a years work permit and staying with a Canadian friend so a family holiday could be a last if we decide to emmigrate. Just really looking forward to the reat experience. Thankyou for your help.
Jan&Ian
Old Aug 8th 2010, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

anunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant futureanunlikelyunion has a brilliant future

Hi firemanyin,

we drove around Ontario in a RV a couple years ago and the best bit of advice we got was that the Walmart supermarkets let you stay overnight on their carparks, so we got into the routine of staying on one of their car parks one night and going to a campsite the next.
Not only did we save wads of money but going to a campsite every second night meant we could still get rid of...erm...stuff...you know, waste water and all that.
Not to mention that the nearest supermarket would be literally next door for half of our stay...handy!
Anyway, enjoy the trip, we certainly did.

Old Aug 8th 2010, 5:35 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by airbornesapper
I am interested in hearing from anyone who may have impartial RV site recommendations for Nova Scotia.

Full hook up required.....for a class A tent on wheels.

Ain't camping great

If you have the time...please fire away.
Stay in a Provincial Park. Nuff said.
Old Aug 8th 2010, 5:44 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AmyDavid
Stay in a Provincial Park. Nuff said.
Second that.

In Kelowna my favorite is Fintry.

In Vancouver you will not have much luck, there are no sites that I know of. You'll need to check around the outskirts more. If you have not already booked sites, you may have trouble getting in. Have a back up plan. Try booking before you leave so you don't have the stress of finding a site.

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/bcparks/index.html

This is a nice one just north of Vancouver http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/bcparks/exp...rkpgs/porteau/
Old Aug 8th 2010, 5:49 pm

AmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond reputeAmyDavid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Aviator
Second that.

In Vancouver you will not have much luck, there are no sites that I know of. You'll need to check around the outskirts more. If you have not already booked sites, you may have trouble getting in. Have a back up plan. Try booking before you leave so you don't have the stress of finding a site.

This is a nice one just north of Vancouver http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/bcparks/exp...rkpgs/porteau/
I would second Fintry. It is lovely.
Old Aug 8th 2010, 6:09 pm
Bon Vivant

Simon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond reputeSimon Legree has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anunlikelyunion
Hi firemanyin,

we drove around Ontario in a RV a couple years ago and the best bit of advice we got was that the Walmart supermarkets let you stay overnight on their carparks, so we got into the routine of staying on one of their car parks one night and going to a campsite the next.
Not only did we save wads of money but going to a campsite every second night meant we could still get rid of...erm...stuff...you know, waste water and all that.
Not to mention that the nearest supermarket would be literally next door for half of our stay...handy!
Anyway, enjoy the trip, we certainly did.

You cannot park up for the night in a Wal-Mart lot in Nova Scotia. The camp ground operators lobbied the government to outlaw it a couple of years ago. The province was even rated as RV Unfriendly by RV Magazine because of it. Too bad.
Old Aug 8th 2010, 6:27 pm

Steve_P is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Simon Legree
You cannot park up for the night in a Wal-Mart lot in Nova Scotia. The camp ground operators lobbied the government to outlaw it a couple of years ago. The province was even rated as RV Unfriendly by RV Magazine because of it. Too bad.
You can't park in nearly all the Calgary Wal-Mart parking lots either not sure why.

Could be that they don't own the lots but are just leasing space in the shopping centers or maybe a city by-law.

For those wishing to know which Wal-Mart parking lots you can or cannot stay overnight in, click the link. http://www.allstays.com/c/walmart-ca...ations-map.htm
Old Aug 8th 2010, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

kamikaze has much to be proud ofkamikaze has much to be proud ofkamikaze has much to be proud ofkamikaze has much to be proud ofkamikaze has much to be proud ofkamikaze has much to be proud ofkamikaze has much to be proud ofkamikaze has much to be proud ofkamikaze has much to be proud ofkamikaze has much to be proud ofkamikaze has much to be proud of

I like the http://www.capilanorvpark.com/
We have stayed there half a dozen times and find the trip into downtown Van a doddle, its an native owned park and we found it just fine, the woman on the front desk is a bit mardy but its 15min on foot or 5min on the bus into the city, when we are on the mainland we always stay there and have never seen or had any problems, loads of German and Swiss RVers seem to no about it so cant be bad !
Old Aug 8th 2010, 8:34 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Second that.

Isn't there one beneath the north side of the Lions Gate bridge that is run by the indians? It's near the Park Royale shopping centre.
Old Aug 8th 2010, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

kamikaze has much to be proud ofkamikaze has much to be proud ofkamikaze has much to be proud ofkamikaze has much to be proud ofkamikaze has much to be proud ofkamikaze has much to be proud ofkamikaze has much to be proud ofkamikaze has much to be proud ofkamikaze has much to be proud ofkamikaze has much to be proud ofkamikaze has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Oink
Isn't there one beneath the north side of the Lions Gate bridge that is run by the indians? It's near the Park Royale shopping centre.
http://www.capilanorvpark.com/
Old Aug 8th 2010, 8:40 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
There is, personally I would find it very unappealing. I guess if one wants a day or two close to the city it might do. It next to the Cap river bridge I believe.
Old Aug 8th 2010, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

There is, personally I would find it very unappealing.
Oh la de da................one must prefer 5 star , I dont think the radison do RV parking

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.