etax problems?

Old Jul 1st 2010, 12:46 am
Living the dream!

kar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to all
Question etax problems?

I downloaded etax this morning to start filling in the details, but I cannot get by the verification stage! I have all the details infront of me, but keep getting an error - it's done this with mine and my husbands details!!

Anyone else having problems with it this morning?

K x
Old Jul 1st 2010, 1:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud of
Default Re: etax problems?

I had the same problems last year, it seems to be that you cant use it if this is the first time you have submitted a tax return in Oz, I filled in the e-tax form printed mine off and posted it last year, this year have had no problems
Old Jul 1st 2010, 2:23 am
Forum Regular

Alucard is just really niceAlucard is just really niceAlucard is just really niceAlucard is just really niceAlucard is just really niceAlucard is just really niceAlucard is just really niceAlucard is just really nice

Originally Posted by kar-kier
I downloaded etax this morning to start filling in the details, but I cannot get by the verification stage! I have all the details infront of me, but keep getting an error - it's done this with mine and my husbands details!!

Anyone else having problems with it this morning?

K x
Have you used e-tax before? If not, I would say prepare your tax using e-tax, print it and then send it via post. Then, as from next year, you'll be able to e-lodge your tax return.
Old Jul 1st 2010, 2:52 am
Living the dream!

kar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Alucard
Have you used e-tax before? If not, I would say prepare your tax using e-tax, print it and then send it via post. Then, as from next year, you'll be able to e-lodge your tax return.
I lodged it online with etax last year and never had any problems! Think I might need to call them!
Old Jul 1st 2010, 6:08 am
Living the dream!

Just tried it again, and it says the error is known to the ATO and being dealt with - phew, not just me then!
Old Jul 1st 2010, 7:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

Can anyone tell me if you get the equivalent of a P60 here in Oz or if you just go with your last payslip?

THanks
Old Jul 1st 2010, 8:20 am
BE Enthusiast

jimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Kingseat
Can anyone tell me if you get the equivalent of a P60 here in Oz or if you just go with your last payslip?

THanks
You'll be sent a payment summary by your employer.

A note to people get an accountant to do your tax, otherwise you'll pay too much unless you know the ins and outs. There's all sorts of expenses that can be claimed depending on what you do. You can also write off the fee against your tax.
Old Jul 1st 2010, 8:49 am
Melbourne - NE suburbs

DownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond reputeDownUnderPaddy has a reputation beyond repute

Just tried it again, and it says the error is known to the ATO and being dealt with - phew, not just me then!
I downloaded and prefilled last night to beat the rush !
Old Jul 1st 2010, 8:56 am
Living the dream!

Originally Posted by DownUnderPaddy
I downloaded and prefilled last night to beat the rush !
Lol, very sneaky!! I like it!!
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 2:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Ozzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud ofOzzy Fever has much to be proud of

Anyone been able to lodge on line, I am getting the error message as well
Old Jul 2nd 2010, 12:34 pm
Banned

Keith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond repute

I want to lodge my missus Etax online, but it asks for your notice of assessment, we not have one, any explanations?

We have never submitted a tax return in Australia before, so have never recieved any kind of documents from the ATO other than the document outlining out TFN numbers?

Is it a summary from the previous year? So will it not allow you to submit online for the first year of lodgement?

Chheerrss

Keith
Old Jul 3rd 2010, 7:36 am
Living the dream!

Originally Posted by Keith Moon
I want to lodge my missus Etax online, but it asks for your notice of assessment, we not have one, any explanations?

We have never submitted a tax return in Australia before, so have never recieved any kind of documents from the ATO other than the document outlining out TFN numbers?

Is it a summary from the previous year? So will it not allow you to submit online for the first year of lodgement?

Chheerrss

Keith
Last year was our first year, and we did it online!

I think the summary is ONE of the option to verify your identity, as far as I remember there are other ways!
Old Jul 3rd 2010, 9:28 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I think the summary is ONE of the option to verify your identity, as far as I remember there are other ways!
Done mine online every year so far, including the first year. Loading fine so far this year too
Old Jul 3rd 2010, 9:59 am
BE Forum Addict

ozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond reputeozhappy981 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kingseat
The Oz equivalent of the P60 is the PAYG Payment Summary. You should get yours from your employer sometime in the next couple of weeks .
Old Jul 3rd 2010, 10:03 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, I've just gone through the identity bit for someone who has lost last year's assessment letter.
You either need one of last years Group Certificates - or this year's once they have been issued by the employer - bank account details (BSB/Account number/Name) or your Tax assessment letter from last year. So you can do it online for the first year, just wait till you get a Group Certificate through and it should be fine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.