E2 Visa

Old Jun 2nd 2010, 11:09 pm
Forum Regular

shining light is an unknown quantity at this point
Default E2 Visa

Have just joined this forum after reading many threads about the E2 Visa and was hoping some advice/guidance could be given.

I looked into this visa option a few months ago and spoke to an American Immigration Attorney based in London and I was told the following.

1. Need to buy biz for at least $50,000 ($75,000 + is better) and employ 1 American F/T. (I believe this is correct).

2. Whole process takes 4 - 5 months (have 100% success rate with qualified applicants). ???

3. Cost $3500 + vat. ???

I was wondering, does this sound viable and is the cost good or a little on the high side? Any help or thoughts would be appreciated.
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 11:13 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: E2 Visa

Originally Posted by shining light
Have just joined this forum after reading many threads about the E2 Visa and was hoping some advice/guidance could be given.

I looked into this visa option a few months ago and spoke to an American Immigration Attorney based in London and I was told the following.

1. Need to buy biz for at least $50,000 ($75,000 + is better) and employ 1 American F/T. (I believe this is correct).

2. Whole process takes 4 - 5 months (have 100% success rate with qualified applicants). ???

3. Cost $3500 + vat. ???

I was wondering, does this sound viable and is the cost good or a little on the high side? Any help or thoughts would be appreciated.
$50k for an E2!
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 11:15 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

I hope you at least read the information I looked up and posted for you.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...94&postcount=7
And that you'll consider that
1) I've never heard of an immigration attorney in London working that cheap
2) Make sure the person is actually an attorney
3) That the person may be trying to sell a service and has nothing at stake if you win or lost. But if you hire them, that's a win (3500# worth).

I'm sorry, your post has 'red flag' written all over it.
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 11:37 pm
Forum Regular

OOPS! My mistake. Should have said £3500 + vat. Does this sound more realistic?
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 11:49 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

lol, I read it as pounds anyway and still thought it sounds too cheap.
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 11:52 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

More realistic than getting an E2 for 50k down. Or even 75k down for that matter.

As Meauxna said, your post screams red flags.
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 12:08 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Triple 1.

Which lawyer, do you have a link. I know one who is highly thought of, guessing that is not the one involved.
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 12:21 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quick Google - Solutionsinlaw?

The site looks a bit iffy.
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 12:23 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for your replies, I just sent PM with details to meauxna, I can send to you too Boiler, will be interested in your thoughts.
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 12:27 am
BE Enthusiast

henryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond repute

Why not share with all of us?
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 12:35 am
Forum Regular

The company is called Ortega-Medina & Associates, maybe they are known.
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 12:49 am
Septicity

The company is called Ortega-Medina & Associates, maybe they are known.
Looking at their rather confusing website, they seem to wrap the E2 up with the L1a....and then mention $50k.

Ask them how many folks they have got E2s for recently with just $50k down on the table. Or even $75k for that matter. Conventional wisdom on this board would put the absolute minimum at $150k or so......and $250k as a more realistic figure if it's the usual boring and unimaginative business most go for.
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 1:25 am
Just Joined

Daken is an unknown quantity at this point

short skirt? thats a new one. guess u mean the classifieds.
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 2:28 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Watch

There's a one-off documentary on ITV on Wednesday June 9th at 8pm called "Florida : Paradise Lost"

Here's the synopsis........

Documentary looking at the half a million Brits living in Florida. They go on holiday, fall in love with the climate and make it their home - but there is another side to the dream.
Florida may be a land of opportunity, but it is tough on economic failure, especially for those whose right to permanent residency is dependent upon continuing business success. The programme looks at some of those who are doing well and those who are campaigning to change the visa system so that they can stay in their homes.

E-2 are involved ...

E-2 forum http://www.thefloridaforums.com/forum/
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 3:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Seneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond reputeSeneca21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Watch

There's a one-off documentary on ITV on Wednesday June 9th at 8pm called "Florida : Paradise Lost"

Here's the synopsis........

Documentary looking at the half a million Brits living in Florida. They go on holiday, fall in love with the climate and make it their home - but there is another side to the dream.
Florida may be a land of opportunity, but it is tough on economic failure, especially for those whose right to permanent residency is dependent upon continuing business success. The programme looks at some of those who are doing well and those who are campaigning to change the visa system so that they can stay in their homes.

E-2 are involved ...

E-2 forum http://www.thefloridaforums.com/forum/
Half a million? Wow, I had no idea it was such a massive number.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.