Informing CO of Pregnancy

Old May 30th 2010, 9:05 pm
Forum Regular

DRSAS will become famous soon enoughDRSAS will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Informing CO of Pregnancy

Hi,

I applied online and in all the forms I have filled, I did not see any place where I had to fill out if my spouse was pregnant.

Do I need to inform DIAC that my wife is pregnant? By the way, I was asked for our PCC and medicals a couple of days ago by my CO.

Regards,
DRSAS
Old May 30th 2010, 10:05 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Informing CO of Pregnancy

Originally Posted by DRSAS
Hi,

I applied online and in all the forms I have filled, I did not see any place where I had to fill out if my spouse was pregnant.

Do I need to inform DIAC that my wife is pregnant? By the way, I was asked for our PCC and medicals a couple of days ago by my CO.

Regards,
DRSAS
You can send a change of circumstances form (1022 from memory). If you wish to postpone the x-ray until after the birth of your baby then your application will be put on hold until then. Otherwise you will have to let your case officer know you want to go ahead.
Old May 31st 2010, 6:24 am
Forum Regular

Wirelessly posted (sony ericsson p990i: Opera/9.80 (S60; SymbOS; Opera Mobi/499; U; en-GB) Presto/2.4.18 Version/10.00)

Hi Dorothy,
Thank you for the advise. I would updtae DIAC and would like to go ahead with the x ray (if the doc allows/recommends it).
However, i wonder what happens if the grant comes before the baby does?
Thanks
DRSAS
Old May 31st 2010, 9:49 am
BE Forum Addict

spottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of lightspottydog is a glorious beacon of light

If the grant comes before the baby then if you have the baby in Oz it becomes a citizen automatically but if you have the baby outside Oz then you will need to apply for a separate visa for the kid.

Also be aware that you will have a time limit on validating the visa and there is a risk that this may not be as easy when you have your wife's pregnancy to consider.
Old May 31st 2010, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

Exclamation Re: Informing CO of Pregnancy

Hi spottydog,

Thank you for sharing your insight. My wife is 22 weeks pregnant today. I was asked for the PCC and Meds on 28th May 2010. I am from an HR country

I would love to have my kind Oz,I have heard the pre and post natal care is amazing. But what if the grants come so late that its not possible/safe for me to travel any more with my wife?

Would you advise, how to manage this situation?

DRSAS
Old May 31st 2010, 8:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Hi spottydog,

Thank you for sharing your insight. My wife is 22 weeks pregnant today. I was asked for the PCC and Meds on 28th May 2010. I am from an HR country

I would love to have my kind Oz,I have heard the pre and post natal care is amazing. But what if the grants come so late that its not possible/safe for me to travel any more with my wife?

Would you advise, how to manage this situation?

DRSAS
If the grant comes so late that it is not possible / safe to travel then you don't travel. What do you mean how can you manage this situation, there is nothing that can be done about it. It is what it is.
Old May 31st 2010, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

Lightbulb Re: Informing CO of Pregnancy

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
If the grant comes so late that it is not possible / safe to travel then you don't travel. What do you mean how can you manage this situation, there is nothing that can be done about it. It is what it is.
Hi Bermudashorts,

What I meant by managing the situation was, I don't want the processing to be put on hold but if the grant comes before the baby then we have an issue as well.

So I am confused which approach to take here.

DRSAS
Old May 31st 2010, 9:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Bermudashorts,

What I meant by managing the situation was, I don't want the processing to be put on hold but if the grant comes before the baby then we have an issue as well.

So I am confused which approach to take here.

DRSAS
You don't necessarily have to put the whole process on hold, if your doctor and wife are happy to have xrays during pregnancy then you can carry on.

But there is nothing you can do if the baby comes before the grant! There is no way you can devise a strategy for managing mother nature. If this happens, then once you have your visas you apply for a child visa. If the baby comes after you have PR but before you move to Australia then in that situation you apply for a child visa too.
Old May 31st 2010, 9:33 pm
Forum Regular

Arrow Re: Informing CO of Pregnancy

But there is nothing you can do if the baby comes before the grant! There is no way you can devise a strategy for managing mother nature. If this happens, then once you have your visas you apply for a child visa.
Hi Bermudashorts,

But in this scenario,i.e. baby before grant, can't we just update the CO with the relevant documents and they will include the kid in the grant?

DRSAS
Old May 31st 2010, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

Post Re: Informing CO of Pregnancy

You don't necessarily have to put the whole process on hold, if your doctor and wife are happy to have xrays during pregnancy then you can carry on.
Hi,

Can you please share, how much time does it take before someone landing with a PR can start using Medical facilities in Oz?

DRSAS
Old May 31st 2010, 9:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi Bermudashorts,

But in this scenario,i.e. baby before grant, can't we just update the CO with the relevant documents and they will include the kid in the grant?

DRSAS
Sorry, yes if the baby comes before the grant you add baby to the application. You threw me because you were talking about Australian maternity services earlier which obviously you would not be able to benefit from if baby comes before grant.
Old May 31st 2010, 10:20 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Can you please share, how much time does it take before someone landing with a PR can start using Medical facilities in Oz?

DRSAS
If you come on a PR visa you can apply for Medicare the day you land. You get a temp card and you can use the services immediately.
Old Jun 1st 2010, 5:58 am
BE Enthusiast

muditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of light

Hope i also can share my experience. Me too had the same situ with my wife and we decided to postpone the X ray till baby is born. So we submitted my medicals and wife's medicals except X ray and informed CO about baby delivery date. Then my baby was born and informed CO and sent meds, birth certificate etc of baby to include him too in my application.

After about 3 weeks submitting them, we (me, wife, baby) got that gift of visa grant.

Its my experience with regard to getting pregnant while visa is in process.
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

Wirelessly posted (sony ericsson p990i: Opera/9.80 (S60; SymbOS; Opera Mobi/499; U; en-GB) Presto/2.4.18 Version/10.00)

Originally Posted by muditha
Hope i also can share my experience. Me too had the same situ with my wife and we decided to postpone the X ray till baby is born. So we submitted my medicals and wife's medicals except X ray and informed CO about baby delivery date. Then my baby was born and informed CO and sent meds, birth certificate etc of baby to include him too in my application.

After about 3 weeks submitting them, we (me, wife, baby) got that gift of visa grant.

Its my experience with regard to getting pregnant while visa is in process.
thank u for sharing ur experience..can u please advise if u sent the pcc before or with the x ray? How much time did u get for the validation trip?
Old Jun 3rd 2010, 3:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

muditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of lightmuditha is a glorious beacon of light

thank u for sharing ur experience..can u please advise if u sent the pcc before or with the x ray? How much time did u get for the validation trip?
I sent PCC with my medicals, means earlier. Only pending document for CO was wife's X'ray after his initial request of pending docs.

After child birth,i submitted child's birth certificate and medicals and wife's chest X ray to CO.

My initial entry is Jan 2011. So it means i have 8 months after the grant till the initial entry.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.