Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

savings for direct consular filing

savings for direct consular filing

Old May 30th 2010, 7:00 pm
Just Joined

jackal1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default savings for direct consular filing

i would like to obtain advice possible.i am married to a us citizen and i am british citizen.my wife is on settlement visa in the united kingdom.

my question is how much savings do we need to produce to the us consulate in london for this type of visa.

many thanks
Old May 30th 2010, 7:17 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: savings for direct consular filing

Originally Posted by jackal1
i would like to obtain advice possible.i am married to a us citizen and i am british citizen.my wife is on settlement visa in the united kingdom.

my question is how much savings do we need to produce to the us consulate in london for this type of visa.

many thanks
I have moved your post to the marriage-based visa forum for more specific answers.

You can read the link in my signature for information on 'DCF' in London. The information you are looking for is in relation to the I-864 Affidavit of Support.
If you first get the Poverty Guidelines worksheet I-864P and work out your household size, you can get an accurate income figure that your USC is required to meet.
You can then read the instructions for I-864 for the use of assets. It will explain the types of assets you can use, and how to calculate the required amount of assets to income.
Old May 31st 2010, 4:03 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: savings for direct consular filing

.... and if you don't meet the income or asset requirements yourself, you can use a Joint Sponsor. Any USC or US PR, age 18+, living in the USA, can be a joint sponsor if they meet the income/asset requirements for thei own household size plus the immigrant.

Don't forget assets need to be 3x the amount you would have needed in income (for the married couple). Assets need to be 5x the amount if it's the joint sponsor.

Rene