Reload this Page >

AUCKLAND AND SURROUNDING AREAS

AUCKLAND AND SURROUNDING AREAS

Old May 4th 2010, 7:21 am
Forum Regular

pedro0811 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default AUCKLAND AND SURROUNDING AREAS

Hi All

Does anyone know what are nice areas around Auckland?

Thanks everyone.

Julie
x
Old May 4th 2010, 8:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

bevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AUCKLAND AND SURROUNDING AREAS

Hi there, welcome to BE. Can only speak from my limited experience. We live in North Shore and the suburbs in the East all seem to be nice. Forrest Hill (of course) Milford, Mairangi Bay, Castor Bay, Campbells Bay, Browns Bay, Torbay. Have been told to avoid some area's of Beach Haven, Birkenhead and Glenfield but have no experience to say why and if thats true. I know nothing about any other area's but I'm sure someone on here will. Good luck, Bevissa
Old May 4th 2010, 9:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Perry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond reputePerry Groves has a reputation beyond repute

I heard South Auckland is a dodgy area?
Old May 4th 2010, 10:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to behold

Can only recommend North Shore as thats the only place we have lived. We are in Takapuna and love it here. Also looked around Forrest Hill, Castors Bay, Milford, Devonport, Albany, Browns Bay and all looked nice.
Old May 4th 2010, 10:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by pedro0811
Hi All

Does anyone know what are nice areas around Auckland?

Thanks everyone.

Julie
x
Depends on your budget, what sort of lifestyle you want (inner city pad vs large family home on a large section) where you will be working, how important it is to have a short commute vs living in a more rural area etc.

Inner city wise you can look at parnell, ponsonby, grey lynn, herne bay, mt eden, remuera (if you can afford it) A little further out you have mission bay, st heliers or heading south greenlane, epsom.

Southern parts of auckland have a dodgy reputation (otara, otahuhu, papatoetoe)

On the north shore all the east coast bays, plus takapuna and devonport.

In Manukau you have nice areas out towards Bucklands Beach, but a bit of a mission to get into the city.

In Waitakere there are nice places around laingholm and titirangi, although some people find those areas quite damp and cold.

really depends on a lot of factors what works best for you
Old May 5th 2010, 8:00 am

Flower Pot is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: AUCKLAND AND SURROUNDING AREAS

My parents are in Orewa which is a lovely beach town, they also rented in Gulf Harbour and have friends in Army Bay, Stanmore Bay... all lovely areas from our experience - that's where we are heading
Old May 5th 2010, 8:44 am
BE Enthusiast

LukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond reputeLukeandJo has a reputation beyond repute

My auntie and uncle live in whangaparaoa over looking Stanmore Bay.
I found it a lovely area when I was there.
Old May 6th 2010, 12:00 am
Forum Regular

forshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to allforshy is a name known to all

we have just moved from the UK and settled in Torbay just 5 mins walk from long bay beach....................... our Uk dog loves it
Kids have settled into a local school and even though I work out west I would stay here for now its gorgeous and near by everything
Old May 6th 2010, 4:56 am
Forum Regular

Tango1 is just really niceTango1 is just really niceTango1 is just really niceTango1 is just really niceTango1 is just really niceTango1 is just really niceTango1 is just really niceTango1 is just really niceTango1 is just really nice

Torbay
Old May 6th 2010, 4:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Officer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond reputeOfficer Dibble has a reputation beyond repute

Papatoetoe!!
Old May 6th 2010, 11:00 am
Forum Regular

kooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud ofkooga61 has much to be proud of

As someone earlier said, it depends on what you're looking for and how much money you have to spend, and your job location. You don't want to be living on the shore and travelling to south Auckland or visa versa.

I've lived in South Auckland and the Shore (Northcote), and I would go for the Shore every time. There are some nice area's in the south but they tend to be a bit off the beaten track (on the whole). And beware of state schools in south Auckland!!!

Go for the Shore, really you wont regrete it.
Old May 6th 2010, 11:10 am
BE Enthusiast

pricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kooga61
Sometimes I think that I'm the only person who doesn't rate the shore LOL

It just doesn't do it for me...it isbeautiful in parts itdoes have high decile schools, great beaches, lots of expats etc

But I like central and west
West...not so great for high schools but beautiful beaches, and bush and a microcosm of New Zealand, Titirangi is great

Central. Has great energy and things to do. Grey Lynn, Westmere, Ponsonby are lively and safe
Old May 6th 2010, 11:56 am
BE Enthusiast

MattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Officer Dibble
Papatoetoe!!
Is that Papatoetoe good or bad? our window cleaner was talking about it yesterday as his relatives live there and seem to like it.
Old May 6th 2010, 11:59 am
BE Enthusiast

MattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by kooga61
As someone earlier said, it depends on what you're looking for and how much money you have to spend, and your job location. You don't want to be living on the shore and travelling to south Auckland or visa versa.

I've lived in South Auckland and the Shore (Northcote), and I would go for the Shore every time. There are some nice area's in the south but they tend to be a bit off the beaten track (on the whole). And beware of state schools in south Auckland!!!

Will you guys stop going on about how good the North Shore is, Matt has got a job in East Tamaki and there is no way we can live that far out !! does sounds great though, maybe in the future

Anyone got any advice for areas near East Tamaki? i.e. what areas of South / East Auckland are ok?
Old May 6th 2010, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

pedro0811 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry cannot help you there........but well done on getting your PR so quickly. Hope we are as lucky as you.

Good luck with everything.

Julie
x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.