Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Denied B2 Visa, US Embassy London, Indian Passport Holder

Denied B2 Visa, US Embassy London, Indian Passport Holder

Old Jan 28th 2010, 10:45 am
Just Joined

EasterHolidayInUSA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Denied B2 Visa, US Embassy London, Indian Passport Holder

Initial post:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=646765

Interview questions to me:

1. Visa officer confirmed if I write SOFTWARE as part of my current role.
2. Asked who the person is in USA whom I shall be visiting as part of my holiday.
3. How long I've been in the UK.
4. Confirmed month n year of arrival.
5. When did I start first job after coming to the UK. Ans. About 8 months
6. Again confirmed month n year.
7. When did I start current job.

To wife:

1. Where do you work.
2. Current job role.
3. When did you start current job.
4. What did you do before that. Ans. Training for 1 year
5. And before that. Ans. Full time study for 1 year
6. Where did you study.
7. Where did you do the training.

Finally general questions:

1. Do you own a house. Ans. NO
2. Do you have any family in the UK. Ans. NO

VO: "Sorry folks I can't grant you a visa at this stage. You've got economic ties but NO social tie. Circled social on 214(B) form and returned passports"

My understanding of reasons behind denial:
1. IT
2. Probably, not having a house

Though surprised a bit with decision specifically after going through the history of my wife (studied for 1 year n 1 year of training) to become Pharmacist. I thought it shows our committment and ties back to the UK.

Also, it took almost 1 hr 45 mins to interview after submitting documents.

Hope this helps.
Old Jan 28th 2010, 4:42 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Denied B2 Visa, US Embassy London, Indian Passport Holder

Getting a B-2 is never easy .....from another country is even harder ...
try again next year
Old Jan 28th 2010, 9:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

cathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nicecathy22w is just really nice

Originally Posted by EasterHolidayInUSA
Initial post:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=646765

2. Do you have any family in the UK. Ans. NO

VO: "Sorry folks I can't grant you a visa at this stage. You've got economic ties but NO social tie. Circled social on 214(B) form and returned passports"

My understanding of reasons behind denial:
1. IT
2. Probably, not having a house

Hope this helps.

Not that I have any major experience to draw from, but I interpret 'no social tie' as the fact that you have no family ties to the UK. On your original thread, you stated that you have family in both UK and US. At the interview, you said you had no family in the UK, but I am thinking you said you had family in the US. I think that would have raised concerns at the interview.

Like I said - I could be off base.
Old Jan 29th 2010, 6:39 am
Just Joined

EasterHolidayInUSA is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cathy22w
Not that I have any major experience to draw from, but I interpret 'no social tie' as the fact that you have no family ties to the UK. On your original thread, you stated that you have family in both UK and US. At the interview, you said you had no family in the UK, but I am thinking you said you had family in the US. I think that would have raised concerns at the interview.

Like I said - I could be off base.
Thanks for replying. In original post, I've mentioned Family in India. Relatives in both US and UK.
Old Jan 29th 2010, 8:17 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new.../add_tcns.html

Although we accept applications from anyone physically present in the United Kingdom, it is often difficult for applicants who are not permanent residents in the United Kingdom to demonstrate that they have sufficiently strong ties to a third country, as consular officers in London or Belfast have no way of verifying or evaluating information from other countries.

If you are a temporary resident of the United Kingdom, or are planning on traveling to the United Kingdom specifically to apply for a visa, you may wish to consider applying for a visa in your country of permanent residence where you will be best able to establish your qualifications for a visa.