Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The New Zealand Adventure

The New Zealand Adventure

Old Jan 15th 2010, 12:14 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default The New Zealand Adventure

The end of the year was fantastic for us as a family (we thought). Paulines brother had been out for most of September then he headed to port Douglas to visit his other sister. My older sister was arriving on the 28th of Dec then i was flying out with them to NZ for a week to visit my brother in Christchurch.
At the beginning of October Pauline’s brother in laws heath scared the shit out of us all, so it was lucky that Pauline’s brother was up there to help and Pauline’s parents flew in to help her sister. He was starting to recover by the end of November so Pauline’s parents decided to spend the last two weeks with us. As they were leaving they told us that the brother in laws heath was well enough to travel, so they decided to take a trip to melly to sell their vanilla (some of you might remember from older posts)
Pauline then reminded me that i still didn’t have my aussie passport or flights booked lol (most of you know what im like)
The headed for brissie first to stay at his parents first and Pauline’s sister was popping down every now and then. Things couldn’t have been better.
They stayed in the brissie area over Christmas and we spend a fair bit of time with them.
Christmas week was massive; I woke up to find my aussie passport in my stocking lol
We spent the day with lovely friends at the beach then headed home to have a family meal. It was the first year that it felt Christmassy to me. A few days later my sister and brother in law arrived and brought the rain with them. They spent the first day resting and Pauline dragged them about the coast on the second day.
I was still working and getting all rigged for NZ and then we got news that we all hate from Scotland (something im not ready to talk about yet)
We decided not to have the tartan party this year and headed for brissie with my sister and brother in law to watch the fireworks and caught up with some lovely friends again
So on the 8th we headed to NZ and the following day Pauline headed back to Scotland.
I arrive in Christchurch and was met by my brother and his missus at the airport, my sister and her man landed about 30 mins later and we headed to their place in Rangiora.

3 of us crammed into the back of one car for about a 30 min trip. MY legs and arms were dead by the time we got there.
I knew they lived in what’s called a lifestyle, but i really didn’t know what that meant. It was fantastic, some photos posted below.

I felt the cold the moment i left the car
Old Jan 15th 2010, 12:16 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The New Zealand Adventure

I felt at home right away

Old Jan 15th 2010, 12:20 pm
Master of verbal pish©

The lifestyle was fantastic!

the first thing the lads did was test out the local

then headed to the local chippy and they had real chips!

Old Jan 15th 2010, 12:30 pm
Master of verbal pish©

then back home

Old Jan 15th 2010, 12:38 pm
Master of verbal pish©

We were doing a trip of the south island, so the car they had would not fit us all in unless i lost a few limbs

so we headed to Rangiora and hired a big stupid looking 8 seater. it was fab!

Rangiora

My brother took us a little tour of the local area and we ended up at Woodend beach

It was just a tad windy !

Old Jan 15th 2010, 12:48 pm
Master of verbal pish©

So off we set on our adventure. Now I cant remember where all the photos were take or in the correct order, but i will do my best.
I just kept taking snaps

I remember this place below was Called Geraldine (the road sign helped lol)

we had to test out this pub. turns out my brother had a drinking sesh with the guy who runs it a while ago and we were made most welcome

Old Jan 15th 2010, 12:54 pm
Master of verbal pish©

The we landed at lake takeapo

I loved this place it was stunning and the water was a fantastic colour, the photos dont do it justice

it was pissing down at the time though, so we got it on the way back too

Last edited by soapy©; Jan 15th 2010 at 12:58 pm.
Old Jan 15th 2010, 1:18 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Ooh goodie, nice pics to look at! How to get through a night shift easily, Chapter 4.......
Hope no-one wants any floods reported on tonight

Looks gorgeous mate
Old Jan 15th 2010, 1:21 pm
Master of verbal pish©

some other places on the way down

Old Jan 15th 2010, 1:22 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Ooh goodie, nice pics to look at! How to get through a night shift easily, Chapter 4.......
Hope no-one wants any floods reported on tonight

Looks gorgeous mate
it was and the best photos are still to come
Old Jan 15th 2010, 1:23 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Old Jan 15th 2010, 1:37 pm
Master of verbal pish©

we headed for queenstown first so we took a few shots

even found a british lolly shop

Old Jan 15th 2010, 1:39 pm
Master of verbal pish©

Old Jan 15th 2010, 1:40 pm
Master of verbal pish©

more tomorrow
Old Jan 15th 2010, 1:43 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy©
more tomorrow
Ooh goodie, I have another shift then. Must ask the Bureau to make sure that cyclone stays on hold for a bit longer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.