Flagpoling experience

Old Nov 26th 2009, 1:39 pm
Forum Regular

sjmartin is on a distinguished road
Default Flagpoling experience

At the end of our PR journey, we decided to flagpole at Niagara Bridge this weekend just gone rather than wait 3 months to "land" by appointment.

I just wanted to share my experience with people who may want to consider this option.

The guy at the US Border Control was somewhat characterless and made me feel like an out and out criminal but the rest of the people involved were actually very pleasant.

Having two young kids, I thought this might be a bad option but the whole process took about 1 hour from start to finish and is a great way of "landing" for those already in Canada on temporary permits!

I would therefore recommend this to anyone who is in the same position and I know that there are many others on this site who have done the same.

Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions, I will be glad to help out.

I have been using this website on and off for the three years whilst my PR application has been processed and found everyone a great help and want to thank everyone for their assistance during this exciting and stressful time!!!

YAY.......WE ARE FINALLY NOW CANADIAN PERMANENT RESIDENTS......GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE FOLLOWING THE SAME ROUTE
Old Nov 26th 2009, 7:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Coffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond reputeCoffeepot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flagpoling experience

Originally Posted by sjmartin
At the end of our PR journey, we decided to flagpole at Niagara Bridge this weekend just gone rather than wait 3 months to "land" by appointment.

I just wanted to share my experience with people who may want to consider this option.

The guy at the US Border Control was somewhat characterless and made me feel like an out and out criminal but the rest of the people involved were actually very pleasant.

Having two young kids, I thought this might be a bad option but the whole process took about 1 hour from start to finish and is a great way of "landing" for those already in Canada on temporary permits!

I would therefore recommend this to anyone who is in the same position and I know that there are many others on this site who have done the same.

Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions, I will be glad to help out.

I have been using this website on and off for the three years whilst my PR application has been processed and found everyone a great help and want to thank everyone for their assistance during this exciting and stressful time!!!

YAY.......WE ARE FINALLY NOW CANADIAN PERMANENT RESIDENTS......GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE FOLLOWING THE SAME ROUTE
Congratulations really pleased for you, must be great to finally say that