Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

guide me until my Interview...thanks

guide me until my Interview...thanks

Old Oct 11th 2009, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

jeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to all
Default guide me until my Interview...thanks

Hi guys...

I've been reading alot in this forum and learning alot...ive been asking questions then and now on others thread and YWFWT (a kind person) suggested i make my own thread...so here it goes...

My K1 petition was approved last August 5, my fiance in US got my case number in it.
October 9 I called the embassy hotline which they told me its a helpline located in Scotland, and asked them if they receive my papers coming from the NVC.
They told me they sent my letter (NOA2 right?) last August 10...i assumed it got stucked in the postal strike since its been 2 months now.
They told me to go to the website and go on with the forms with the checklist.And that the packet 3(NOA2) was just a piece of paper.

Questions:

1. Should I still need to wait for that letter (packet3),even its been months now? Am i not allowed to send the forms so the administrative process can start?Anyway i have a case number with me coming from the first NOA.

2. Upon sending the forms back to the Immigration, approximately how long does it takes before they send back a letter containing the interview date and time?

3.On the medical examination in Knightsbridge...on the connecting site from the US embassy website...one of the requirements is a photolicense?Do you think a passport is not enough?

Sorry if i have nonsense questions ...but my mind and own thinking is not working with this kind of situation im into...

Thanks...
Old Oct 11th 2009, 2:57 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: guide me until my Interview...thanks

Originally Posted by jeimz7
They told me they sent my letter (NOA2 right?) last August 10...i assumed it got stucked in the postal strike since its been 2 months now.
No...NOA2 is not stuck in the postal strike. NOA2 (the I-129F approval letter) comes to the USC in the USA. It does not come to you in the UK.

Perhaps NVC has had a delay in sending your case file from New Hampshire, USA to London, UK. I doubt that would be stuck in the postal strike, either....they don't send them via regular mail, I believe they send them in batches by courier.

If anything is stuck in the postal strike, it's your "Packet 3", which YWFWT has posted the contents of on the forum here (just a sheet of paper with some links and instructins on it).

Rene
Old Oct 11th 2009, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

jeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to alljeimz7 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Noorah101
No...NOA2 is not stuck in the postal strike. NOA2 (the I-129F approval letter) comes to the USC in the USA. It does not come to you in the UK.

Perhaps NVC has had a delay in sending your case file from New Hampshire, USA to London, UK. I doubt that would be stuck in the postal strike, either....they don't send them via regular mail, I believe they send them in batches by courier.

If anything is stuck in the postal strike, it's your "Packet 3", which YWFWT has posted the contents of on the forum here (just a sheet of paper with some links and instructins on it).

Rene

Ooppsss...sori im not aware that the thing they call NOA2 is the I129F approval letter...
But I mean the letter coming from the consulate/embassy here in London...which is the packet 3...Do i really need a copy of that?They told me they send it last August 10? Can i ask them to send me another copy since i havent receive any if i badly need it before the interview?
Old Oct 11th 2009, 4:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

YouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond repute

Questions:

1. Should I still need to wait for that letter (packet3),even its been months now? Am i not allowed to send the forms so the administrative process can start?Anyway i have a case number with me coming from the first NOA.

2. Upon sending the forms back to the Immigration, approximately how long does it takes before they send back a letter containing the interview date and time?

3.On the medical examination in Knightsbridge...on the connecting site from the US embassy website...one of the requirements is a photolicense?Do you think a passport is not enough?

Sorry if i have nonsense questions ...but my mind and own thinking is not working with this kind of situation im into...

Thanks...
Hi,

Q1. You spoke to the call centre and they confirmed packet 3 was sent to you, that's right? If so, I would go ahead and start the process.

Q2. After you have sent the IV-15 back to the embassy, you should receive a letter approximately 3 or 4 weeks before your interview date. E.g. you return the IV-15 November 1st, your interview is December 20th, they write to you November 20th. The answer to your question is confirmed in the 'What happens next?" section of the packet 3 link that I already posted to you in the other thread (http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new/visa/iv/iv_15.html) You really have to read these documents very, very thoroughly because they contain really important info, info that the successful issuance of your visa depends on.

Q3. This is what it actually says: "What do I need to take to the medical examination? You will be required to present your passport, a driving license or photo license to the examining physician to establish your identity plus one passport type photograph of each person requiring a medical, including babies. The specifications of the photograph are the same as those obtained for the visa. If a child is 15 years of age or over an individual passport or some other suitable document is required."

You really need to read these instructions very, very carefully as the importance is all in the detail. A passport is fine

Last edited by YouWantFriesWithThat; Oct 11th 2009 at 4:31 pm.
Old Oct 11th 2009, 6:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by YouWantFriesWithThat
Hi,

Q1. You spoke to the call centre and they confirmed packet 3 was sent to you, that's right? If so, I would go ahead and start the process.

Q2. After you have sent the IV-15 back to the embassy, you should receive a letter approximately 3 or 4 weeks before your interview date. E.g. you return the IV-15 November 1st, your interview is December 20th, they write to you November 20th. The answer to your question is confirmed in the 'What happens next?" section of the packet 3 link that I already posted to you in the other thread (http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new/visa/iv/iv_15.html) You really have to read these documents very, very thoroughly because they contain really important info, info that the successful issuance of your visa depends on.

Q3. This is what it actually says: "What do I need to take to the medical examination? You will be required to present your passport, a driving license or photo license to the examining physician to establish your identity plus one passport type photograph of each person requiring a medical, including babies. The specifications of the photograph are the same as those obtained for the visa. If a child is 15 years of age or over an individual passport or some other suitable document is required."

You really need to read these instructions very, very carefully as the importance is all in the detail. A passport is fine
Thank you for your detailed answer...and right I should read carefully...so far I really need to wait for some important things, thought i was ready for the race...im not. But still thankful i saw this forum or i might end up showing at the interview bringing incomplete papers....again a BIG T H A N K Y O U !!!
Old Oct 14th 2009, 11:08 am
Forum Regular

hi again...i just have a few questions regarding the Evidence of Support...

I read this part on the embassy website..http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new...affidavit.html

It says something about I-864..and I-134...my fiance is going to send me the I-134 he filled up wih the following attachment:

1. latest federal income tax return;

2. a statement from his or her employer showing salary and the length and permanency of employment;

3. a statement from an officer of a bank regarding his or her account, the date the account was opened and the present balance;

Kindly correct me if its not the I 134...and inform me if I miss something for the attachment. His gonna mail everything to me and i hope i gave him the whole list and we can save a little on the postage if we didnt miss anything.

Old Oct 14th 2009, 12:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

YouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond reputeYouWantFriesWithThat has a reputation beyond repute

hi again...i just have a few questions regarding the Evidence of Support...

I read this part on the embassy website..http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new...affidavit.html

It says something about I-864..and I-134...my fiance is going to send me the I-134 he filled up wih the following attachment:

1. latest federal income tax return;

2. a statement from his or her employer showing salary and the length and permanency of employment;

3. a statement from an officer of a bank regarding his or her account, the date the account was opened and the present balance;

Kindly correct me if its not the I 134...and inform me if I miss something for the attachment. His gonna mail everything to me and i hope i gave him the whole list and we can save a little on the postage if we didnt miss anything.

Hi,

If you scroll down to where it says 'Affidavit of Support' on that link above you will see that it confirms that the I-134 is correct for sponsoring a fiancee. These forms have to be read really carefully Nasty errors can be made otherwise.

Federal tax return is OK, but include the W2 with it. Better is to get the IRS a tax transcript - the embassy prefer these, although a tax return is fine with the W2. While he's at it, get your fiance to obtain the last 3 years tax transcripts, alwauys good to have them.

The employer detail sounds fine, include latest pay slips / pay stubbs, very important.
Old Oct 14th 2009, 1:05 pm
Forum Regular

Hi,

If you scroll down to where it says 'Affidavit of Support' on that link above you will see that it confirms that the I-134 is correct for sponsoring a fiancee. These forms have to be read really carefully Nasty errors can be made otherwise.

Federal tax return is OK, but include the W2 with it. Better is to get the IRS a tax transcript - the embassy prefer these, although a tax return is fine with the W2. While he's at it, get your fiance to obtain the last 3 years tax transcripts, alwauys good to have them.

The employer detail sounds fine, include latest pay slips / pay stubbs, very important.

THANK YOU for the details YWFWT ...update: Just booked my MediCal Examination early to get my personal choice of date. However she also informed me the earliest booking they can give right now is October 29...just in case others would like to know. I booked mine on the month of November.
Old Oct 14th 2009, 4:05 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Point of clarification: The W-2 is an integral part of a tax return when there is income from employment, as are any schedules, other forms (1099s are common), or any other attachments. A tax return is not a tax return without them.

Regards, JEff

Federal tax return is OK, but include the W2 with it. Better is to get the IRS a tax transcript - the embassy prefer these, although a tax return is fine with the W2.
Old Oct 14th 2009, 4:39 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
Point of clarification: The W-2 is an integral part of a tax return when there is income from employment, as are any schedules, other forms (1099s are common), or any other attachments. A tax return is not a tax return without them.

Regards, JEff
Poor Fries, she'll learn about US tax returns soon enough....
(oh, the receipts I have to organize!)
Old Oct 14th 2009, 4:43 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
OMG don't mention organizing receipts! I will have a stack of 4 months' worth of overseas receipts from Sadegh's trip to sort through!! UGH!

Rene
Old Oct 14th 2009, 4:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by meauxna
Poor Fries, she'll learn about US tax returns soon enough....
Ha!!! Yes, I can't wait!! 7 year's worth I think?!! ARs like me would have preferred 10 years worth, but hey.

only joking

I mentioned about not forgetting the W2s because the ones I've seen are like smallish rectangualr pieces of paper, quite easily lost / separated from document bundles. Probably why the transcripts are preferred because everything is one sheet, no need for separate bits.
Old Oct 14th 2009, 5:20 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

YWFWT,

For sure, experience shows it's a necessary reminder, but why so many people treat W-2s as something separate and distinct from the tax return is a mystery to me, especially since the instructions say "If you provide a photocopy of your tax return(s), you must include a copy of each and every Form W-2 and Form 1099 that relates to your return(s).". But then, who reads instructions?

You were correct to make the point, I just wanted to add the basis for it.

Cheers, JEff

I mentioned about not forgetting the W2s because the ones I've seen are like smallish rectangualr pieces of paper, quite easily lost / separated from document bundles. Probably why the transcripts are preferred because everything is one sheet, no need for separate bits.
Old Oct 14th 2009, 5:26 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
OMG don't mention organizing receipts! I will have a stack of 4 months' worth of overseas receipts from Sadegh's trip to sort through!! UGH!

Rene
lol, on tissue paper, written in thick pencil, in four different currencies.. yikes!!!

Ha!!! Yes, I can't wait!! 7 year's worth I think?!! ARs like me would have preferred 10 years worth, but hey.

only joking

heh, MORE tissue paper! Actually, the computer-printed ones aren't so bad anymore, maybe no one gets the tissue ones. But you're right, little slips of paper go missing *a lot* and then the applicant gets an RFE, panic and despair ensue.. just easier to get the transcripts IMO.

If you get short of stuff to do, come over and I'll teach you how to do a self-employed tax return and leave you to it!
Old Oct 14th 2009, 6:36 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks guys......receipts..tax...tissue ??? Ohh Myyy!!!

things like this adds up to my worries hihihi...but anyway i guess i'll learn and see all these stuff (hopefully)in the near future...and i think he knows what he will send and what I really need for my interview...i told him i'm getting help from you guys and i'm just copying and sending all your advices to him...specially the part "pay slips & bank statement "

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.