Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

Whale watching trips from Digby, NS

Whale watching trips from Digby, NS

Old Aug 12th 2009, 7:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Whale watching trips from Digby, NS

has anyone been on one of these trips from Digby or Brier Island?
If so, just wondered what it was like, was it worth the trip and which company you went with. Thanks
Old Aug 12th 2009, 8:32 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whale watching trips from Digby, NS

I think one of my friends has recently been from Digby, I will drop her a line and let you know
Old Aug 12th 2009, 10:22 pm

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Val

Here is reply I got,

hi yes we did, we used Zodiac, which i highly recommend as the boat ride itself was superb, plus we saw all sorts. it was around $60 per person, but worth every penny, tell your friends to book in advance as the boat only hold 8 but much better than the big boats as less likely to get sea sick

www.oceanexplorations.ca

Have fun
Old Aug 12th 2009, 10:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

This is something I am hoping to do when my mum comes over in a month as she wants to go whale watching. We though are probably looking at Cape Breton
Old Aug 12th 2009, 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by Silverdragon102
This is something I am hoping to do when my mum comes over in a month as she wants to go whale watching. We though are probably looking at Cape Breton
Hi

We are going in about 2 weeks from Cape Breton, we are heading out from Pleasant Bay using these people-

http://www.whaleandsealcruise.com/index.html
Old Aug 12th 2009, 11:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

woodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond reputewoodworm has a reputation beyond repute

I have been on this tour from Long Island ( island to be reached by the first ferry, Brier Island is another ferry ride away)
http://www.piratescove.ca/vessels.html

advantage is: you can leave your car at the mainland and just go across on the ferry as a foot passenger and the whale watching tour starts right there at the harbour. The whole tour took us 3 hours, because the whales were in the center of the Bay of Fundy, BUT they are the North Atlantic Right Whales, and there are only 300 left in the world, so it's quite spectacular to see them in groups and they are quite big too..

I was in Cape Breton / Pleasant Bay several times and they have a "whale sighting guarantee", which means you get your money back if you don't see any, but they are mostly minke whales, which are smallish, more like a big dolphin.. but there are usually big groups of them up there... The tour takes only about 1.5 hours
Old Aug 13th 2009, 1:53 am
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for the replies everyone
Old Aug 13th 2009, 3:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

mumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nicemumof2 is just really nice

Hi,

We went a few years back from Brier Island - cant remember the name of the company but the Bay of Fundy is definitely the best place to see them.

My uncle used to do tours himself here in Halifax & has sailed around the world for many years & he said this is the best place to see them out of NS

Michelle
Old Aug 13th 2009, 4:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

rgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to beholdrgilbert is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by nikki dreaming
Hi Val

Here is reply I got,

hi yes we did, we used Zodiac, which i highly recommend as the boat ride itself was superb, plus we saw all sorts. it was around $60 per person, but worth every penny, tell your friends to book in advance as the boat only hold 8 but much better than the big boats as less likely to get sea sick

www.oceanexplorations.ca

Have fun
I went with Ocean Explorations also. They were great. We had a very large humpback swim right under the zodiac and I could almost have reached out and touched the whale we were that close.