Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Relocation/Moving Company advice/costs estimates? Source: USA Destination:KSA

Relocation/Moving Company advice/costs estimates? Source: USA Destination:KSA

Old Jul 26th 2009, 6:56 pm
Just Joined

skalwani is on a distinguished road
Post Relocation/Moving Company advice/costs estimates? Source: USA Destination:KSA

Hello!

I tried searching many of the forums, but could not find what I needed. I am contemplating moving from USA to KSA. If there are any good moving companies you can recommend (websites would be great!) and any relevant estimates or costs you can share too, well - I would be grateful.

You might ask how soon ? I do have a couple of months

How big is the move ? Well a small 2BR outfit is what I have in mind. No furniture, but mostly personal effects and lots of books and a few electronics.

How is the customs handled? and other similar questions are all on the tips of my typing fingers....

Thanks in advance!
--SK
Old Jul 27th 2009, 1:14 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Relocation/Moving Company advice/costs estimates? Source: USA Destination:KSA

The usual question would be why? And as a yank, tax breaks aren't nearly as worthwhile...
Old Jul 27th 2009, 2:52 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: Relocation/Moving Company advice/costs estimates? Source: USA Destination:KSA

Originally Posted by Bob
The usual question would be why? And as a yank, tax breaks aren't nearly as worthwhile...
The why part is easy to answer - several good reasons - job, change of venue, a bit of adventure, different challenges, etc.

I am not sure I understand the tax break part.....

Still looking for the advice
Old Jul 27th 2009, 3:39 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Relocation/Moving Company advice/costs estimates? Source: USA Destination:KSA

Originally Posted by skalwani
The why part is easy to answer - several good reasons - job, change of venue, a bit of adventure, different challenges, etc.

If your a yank, or been an LPR for a few years, you've still got to file taxes to the IRS and probably have a chunk of taxes due as it isn't being taxed at source.

And as for adventure, challenges and jobs, plenty of other places that are a bit more secure and pleasant....but then again, if your single, young bloke, it might not be bad.

Welcome to BE though
Old Jul 27th 2009, 7:08 pm
Just Joined

Sergioy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi! Try Crown Relocations, it's the only international mover to have office in Riyadh.
Old Jul 27th 2009, 7:43 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: Relocation/Moving Company advice/costs estimates? Source: USA Destination:KSA

Originally Posted by Sergioy
Hi! Try Crown Relocations, it's the only international mover to have office in Riyadh.
Thank you. I will google/search for their website and contact information.
Any other wish-i-knew-that-before tips are also welcome!
Old Jul 27th 2009, 7:53 pm
Just Joined

Post Re: Relocation/Moving Company advice/costs estimates? Source: USA Destination:KSA

Thank you. I will google/search for their website and contact information.
Any other wish-i-knew-that-before tips are also welcome!
Just in case others may need this - here is what I found

http://www.crownrelo.com/

and their local office locator web site

http://www.crownrelo.com/relo/cupod.center.html

Enjoy.....
Old Jul 28th 2009, 7:03 am

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

If you're looking for a change of venue and a bit of adventure avoid KSA and focus on the UAE...

...and please let the IRS know what you're up to. I have American clients and some have been hit hard having to back pay due tax because they didn't tell Uncle Sam.

Best of luck whatever you decide!

N.