Forum Regular

PeterDeng is an unknown quantity at this point
Default what is HR country?

HR stand for what?
Old Jun 26th 2009, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

Gtrotter will become famous soon enough
Default Re: what is HR country?

The short answer is if you need to apply for a visa as opposed to getting a Electronic Travel Authorisation online to visit australia for business or leisure, you live in a HR country. There is a section on the DIAC explaining it in more formally.

Link: http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/tour...ligibility.htm if your country is not on the list you are HR.

Last edited by Gtrotter; Jun 26th 2009 at 2:14 pm. Reason: Added link
Old Jun 26th 2009, 6:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

shafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really niceshafanm is just really nice

HR = High risk country
LR = Low risk country
Old Jun 27th 2009, 1:15 pm
Lifestyle Development

balkanghost is a jewel in the roughbalkanghost is a jewel in the roughbalkanghost is a jewel in the roughbalkanghost is a jewel in the rough

HR High Risk means high risk of applicant not returning to their home country and is based on analysis of overstay rates. Sometime it maybe a specific group, I think in Hungary (and other Central Eastern European countries) 18-35 single woman were seen as in HR category......getting to Australia for one a particular purpose e.g. tourism, then marrying Australian guys/dopes, and not for love
Old Jun 27th 2009, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

cfmx is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by balkanghost
HR High Risk means high risk of applicant not returning to their home country and is based on analysis of overstay rates. Sometime it maybe a specific group, I think in Hungary (and other Central Eastern European countries) 18-35 single woman were seen as in HR category......getting to Australia for one a particular purpose e.g. tourism, then marrying Australian guys/dopes, and not for love
Hi balkanghost,

this sounds quite interesting and i think this is probably the most likely reason for classification, which is primarily intended for visitors though. I wonder how this would be applied to immigrants???

regards
cfmx
Old Jun 27th 2009, 8:09 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cfmx
Hi balkanghost,

this sounds quite interesting and i think this is probably the most likely reason for classification, which is primarily intended for visitors though. I wonder how this would be applied to immigrants???

regards
cfmx
Exactly the same.
The High Risk countries are the same ones for immigration purposes; more detailed checks are usually required and thus visas can take longers to be granted.
Old Jun 28th 2009, 8:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Rodger_lawson is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Exactly the same.
The High Risk countries are the same ones for immigration purposes; more detailed checks are usually required and thus visas can take longers to be granted.
visitors overstaying is blatant violation. migrants lying in their application is softer version of the same blatant violation.

hence, the forms need to be re-reviewed and references re-checked. result is --> high risk.