Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Sponsoring dependent Children within Canada

Sponsoring dependent Children within Canada

Old Jun 22nd 2009, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

ihassan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Sponsoring dependent Children within Canada

Hi,

I am trying to find forms and application process for Sponsoring my children ages 2 and 4. They are currently living with us here in Canada on temporary resident permits. What exacts forms would i need to sposnor them.

Thanks
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 7:25 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sponsoring dependent Children within Canada

You will have to sponsor your children through Mississauga and then the visa office in Buffalo so use the forms for outside of Canada. They can remain with you while the applications are processed. Get started and do keep their status in Canada valid.
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

ihassan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
You will have to sponsor your children through Mississauga and then the visa office in Buffalo so use the forms for outside of Canada. They can remain with you while the applications are processed. Get started and do keep their status in Canada valid.
Hi Jim,

Thanks for your response. Yes, i am preparing to file their sponsorship applications. Currently they are on TRP which is valid till end of this month, however, i have already filed for extension of their temporary resident permit.

I was told by the call centre agent as well as it says on the CIC website that if an application for TRP is sent well in advance before the expiry of the current trp, the person is deemed to be in status untill the decision is taken on the new application. Is my understanding is correct?.

Thanks you
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 9:47 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

Yes it would be deemed valid until the new decision is made regarding their permit. For young children there is little chance they would refuse an extension.