How long??

Old Jun 21st 2009, 10:04 am
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute
Default How long??

Ok... Here's my first moaning thread since i've arrived (one week in!)

How long have I got to put up with this "cold" weather??

Yes I know it's winter, what do I expect....

I loved today... Sunny, no wind, then the sun went and am so cold right now.... unbelievable!!
Old Jun 21st 2009, 10:11 am
BE Forum Addict

crap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond reputecrap coffee has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long??

Originally Posted by Matewx

HOW COULD YOU SAY THAT? in front of us (who live in damn Welly) ?

I don't know and/or I don't remember - how long does a cold last in JAFaland?

maybe till the end of August? dunno?
Old Jun 21st 2009, 10:41 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I loved today... Sunny, no wind, then the sun went and am so cold right now.... unbelievable!!
We live near Nelson. Best settled weather to be had really. I came from the UK South Coast.

I'd say September.

Winter takes the same time as the UK.

We certainly started winter a month ago and we expect winter to still be with us until September & so do the locals who have had their fires going for a month or more and I mean 24 hr..

This means cold, frost, smog inside and out.
Old Jun 21st 2009, 10:45 am
BE Enthusiast

pricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond reputepricklykina has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly...it's winter...if you move in June (equivalent of N. Europe December)
It's going to be cold...even here in Auckland and the north
It will be cold thru July and August and you can expect some warmer days in Sept
Brace yourself cos it'll be supremely wet too...it doesn't stay green here for no reason.
You just have to go with it, rug up, and be happy that from today the day's are getting closer as we edge towards a glorious summer

Last edited by pricklykina; Jun 21st 2009 at 10:47 am. Reason: typo
Old Jun 21st 2009, 10:55 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Toughen up ...

Anyway, I thought you were going to flounce when you didn't win the poll?!
Old Jun 21st 2009, 8:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

According to a chap on the radio last week.........January
Old Jun 21st 2009, 8:54 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mickey_d
According to a chap on the radio last week.........January
WHAT
Old Jun 21st 2009, 8:56 pm
you dewty owld maan!

lardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond reputelardyl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pricklykina
Exactly...it's winter...if you move in June (equivalent of N. Europe December)
It's going to be cold...even here in Auckland and the north
It will be cold thru July and August and you can expect some warmer days in Sept
Brace yourself cos it'll be supremely wet too...it doesn't stay green here for no reason.
You just have to go with it, rug up, and be happy that from today the day's are getting closer as we edge towards a glorious summer
Yeah, winter might ease 2 months after the shortest day, according to the Met Service guy on the radio on Friday. But you can still have mossies around in late July - I recall swatting one at my 40th birthday bash at the beginning of August. So you're between a rock and a hard place. Welcome to the land of "toughen up.......".
Anyway, isn't someone else paying your power bill at the moment? Just wait till you have to shell out $$$ to keep warm.
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 4:21 am
BE Enthusiast

newkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to beholdnewkiwi is a splendid one to behold

it starts warming up in november..
winders in nz are depressing.. cold and damp and dark (and thats INSIDE your house)
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 4:59 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by newkiwi
winders in nz are depressing.. cold and damp and dark (and thats INSIDE your house)
Every organised family with kids (flights sell out) who can afford to do so, tends to exit NZ in the July school holidays to get some summer sunshine.....I had just arrived here my first winter and watched the exodus from my temporary accommodation in Wellington...last year I had the sense to escape to Oz for most of it....NZ winter on a bad day is depressing, you still get gorgeous days as well though with blue skies etc as Caroline says and you probably get more of those than in a typical UK south coast winter.
Definitely colder this winter than previous ones for me...
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 8:06 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Well we did try and warn you...
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 8:09 am
Live from CHCH...

Matewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond reputeMatewx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Persephone
Well we did try and warn you...
I know... lol

Ok! Am kindda down tonight...

It's hit home n am feeling tad lonely! Missing my dear OH & got told I was a "****ing rude frenchman" (After I told I was french n not british) today by an Aussie! So when I see they are celebrating so many Aussies coming over here am just hoping they are not all as stupid!!
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 8:23 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

I know... lol

Ok! Am kindda down tonight...

It's hit home n am feeling tad lonely! Missing my dear OH & got told I was a "****ing rude frenchman" (After I told I was french n not british) today by an Aussie! So when I see they are celebrating so many Aussies coming over here am just hoping they are not all as stupid!!
Sounds like you're just going through a slump after all you've been through in the last few months. I had the same, after spending so long organising and sorting out my life I suddenly had nothing to do! It becomes a bit of an anticlimax.
Mr Matewx will be here before you know it and life will be great again Think about where you're going to go and what you're going to do when he's here with you [those with filthy minds can leave now!]
What did you say to be called a ****ing rude Frenchman?, I'm curious
Take care
Sue
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 8:27 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Persephone
Sounds like you're just going through a slump after all you've been through in the last few months. I had the same, after spending so long organising and sorting out my life I suddenly had nothing to do! It becomes a bit of an anticlimax.
Mr Matewx will be here before you know it and life will be great again Think about where you're going to go and what you're going to do when he's here with you [those with filthy minds can leave now!]
What did you say to be called a ****ing rude Frenchman?, I'm curious
Take care
Sue
Wise words from Persephone. Did you book the flights for OH yet so at least you have a specific date to look forward to? Are there any Auckland meet ups planned soon that you'd consider going along to? Maybe start a thread in the meet up section? You'll be glad to know I don't live in Auckland ...
Old Jun 22nd 2009, 8:52 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by newkiwi
May I suggest you turn the light switch on

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.