Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

I'm in T.O. get me outta here!!!!

I'm in T.O. get me outta here!!!!

Old May 11th 2009, 2:14 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default I'm in T.O. get me outta here!!!!

We've just spent a lovely weekend in Toronto...I really didn't want it to end but hubby said he had to get home for work tomorrow. Set off to leave around 6 pm to head back to New Jersey. Just about to get on the Gardner at York St when half a dozen cop cars and a couple of special response unit vans almost took the front of our car off. A cop leaps out waving his arms around...going absolutely ape...shouting at the traffic...what the hell is going on we wondered?

Loads more cop cars with lights and sirens pass...also about 2 dozen cops on bicyles pass...also with sirens.

Hmmm better head back to our apartment on Queens Quay West and wait it out. From there we must have seen dozens of cop cars heading west down the Gardner. This was the reason:

http://toronto.ctv.ca/servlet/an/loc...10?hub=Toronto

Last edited by Jerseygirl; May 11th 2009 at 2:24 am.
Old May 11th 2009, 2:29 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I'm in T.O. get me outta here!!!!

I am not sure what they expect the Canadian government to do regarding something in Sri Lanka, its not Canada's job to police Sri Lanka.

The protesters should be arrested for blocking the highway.
Old May 11th 2009, 2:30 am
BE Troll

Lord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond reputeLord Vader has a reputation beyond repute

Those idiots need to protest to the government of Sri Lanka, not Canada. They should be fined for creating a public nuisance as well and sent back to Sri Lanka. The Tamil Tigers are a terrorist organization. They need to keep their dog dirt in their own yard. Welcome to multiculturalism.
Old May 11th 2009, 2:33 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

The police chief is waiting for back up from other areas before moving them. There are around 5,000 of the buggers causing havoc.

For those travelling into T.O. from the west to work...I hope they move them before the morning.