Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Curious...what is the average age when people from UK immgrate independently

Curious...what is the average age when people from UK immgrate independently

Old May 9th 2009, 11:58 am
Just Joined

ontario_rat is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Curious...what is the average age when people from UK immgrate independently

Hi, all

It is said that " the younger you immigrate to a new country, the better you will adapt it", is it true? Perhaps, when we go older, we will not have the same courage to leave the homeland and start a new life in another country for the rest of life time.

So I am curious...what is the average age when people from UK immgrate as independent immigrant to canada/or other countries like USA, Australia (excluded those who go with their parents/common law partners)? And what is the best age for immigration in your opinions? 20's, 30's?

Last edited by ontario_rat; May 9th 2009 at 12:01 pm.
Old May 9th 2009, 12:06 pm

or4ngecrush is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Curious...what is the average age when people from UK immgrate independently

I was 30 and I went on my own.
Old May 9th 2009, 2:27 pm

dboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Curious...what is the average age when people from UK immgrate independently

I left at 20.
Old May 9th 2009, 2:58 pm
Sawdust making harpy

mandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond reputemandymoochops has a reputation beyond repute

Old May 9th 2009, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

Waltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud of

Old May 9th 2009, 4:08 pm
Scottish Canuck

Cookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond reputeCookie has a reputation beyond repute

Emigrated 2 years ago as a family (then) aged 43, 50, 12 and 16.

All of us took to NS like ducks to water
Old May 9th 2009, 4:49 pm
throw caution to the wind

louise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond reputelouise033 has a reputation beyond repute

Old May 9th 2009, 8:11 pm
Arrived at last!!

woodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond reputewoodmanbg has a reputation beyond repute

58, 66 and an 18 year old.
Old May 9th 2009, 8:45 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ontario_rat
Hi, all

It is said that " the younger you immigrate to a new country, the better you will adapt it", is it true? Perhaps, when we go older, we will not have the same courage to leave the homeland and start a new life in another country for the rest of life time.

So I am curious...what is the average age when people from UK immgrate as independent immigrant to canada/or other countries like USA, Australia (excluded those who go with their parents/common law partners)? And what is the best age for immigration in your opinions? 20's, 30's?

I went out originally when I was 25 but was unable to stay.

I then re-applied when I was nearly 28 and am finally having my application processed at the age of 30. It will be harder to go this time as I am more settled than I was when I went the first time.
Old May 9th 2009, 8:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

kmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to allkmcguinness is a name known to all

Hi, all

Hi, were going in 5 weeks time, were 40 and 37

k
Old May 9th 2009, 8:55 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, all

There's thread somewhere on here where someone (it might have been Butch) ran a poll on this. Try searching for it.

Edit. Here it is... http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=599653

Last edited by Novocastrian; May 9th 2009 at 8:57 pm.
Old May 9th 2009, 9:10 pm
Just Joined

Expat Andy is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Curious...what is the average age when people from UK immgrate independently

My wife and I were both 27 year old newlyweds when we applied, but were 30 years old with 2 kids by the time we landed in Canada. That's what happens when you have 3 years to kill some time.

For us, the late 20's/early 30's were a good time to emigrate. We were mature enough to handle emigrating and everything that comes with it, but still young enough to start over.

I think it's also a good idea to move before you have kids or when they are really young. That way they don't have the wrench of leaving their friends, changing schools etc. They might even get a cool Canadian accent. Saying that my 3 year old has lived in B.C. for a year and he sounds like a Londoner! That must be my fault!
Old May 9th 2009, 9:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

clairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant futureclairemarie70 has a brilliant future

im 37,OH 27, kids 14, 8, 2..all adapted very well
Old May 9th 2009, 9:37 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

29, 35, 6 and 2
Old May 9th 2009, 9:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

jamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond repute

i was 48,oh 47 ,daughter 11,adapted no prob..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.