Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

509 Apical lordotic and repeat Posteroanterior (PA) chest x-ray films

509 Apical lordotic and repeat Posteroanterior (PA) chest x-ray films

Old May 1st 2009, 6:33 am
Forum Regular

whitedog is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 509 Apical lordotic and repeat Posteroanterior (PA) chest x-ray films

Hi mates,
HOC asked me take "509 Apical lordotic and repeat Posteroanterior (PA) chest x-ray films". Is there anyone the same situation? Any comment? give me advice !!! so sad, so worry!
Old May 1st 2009, 7:53 am
Forum Regular

varsanik will become famous soon enoughvarsanik will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 509 Apical lordotic and repeat Posteroanterior (PA) chest x-ray films

If you Google "Apical lordotic" there are many sites that give you indepth information.
Old May 25th 2009, 2:13 am
Just Joined

ashru12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 509 Apical lordotic and repeat Posteroanterior (PA) chest x-ray films

Originally Posted by whitedog
Hi mates,
HOC asked me take "509 Apical lordotic and repeat Posteroanterior (PA) chest x-ray films". Is there anyone the same situation? Any comment? give me advice !!! so sad, so worry!

Same here, mate! I sent medicals on 15.04.2009, and after 1 month, on 18.05.09, HOC asked my spouse to take those tests. I sent on 24.05.2009. I am keeping my fingers crossed, let's see what happens. what about your case----have you took the tests already? What's the update?

ashru12
Old May 25th 2009, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

Same here, mate! I sent medicals on 15.04.2009, and after 1 month, on 18.05.09, HOC asked my spouse to take those tests. I sent on 24.05.2009. I am keeping my fingers crossed, let's see what happens. what about your case----have you took the tests already? What's the update?

Hi!
It is my husband's situation. He took the test as required and HOC recieved on 15.05.09,now I'm waiting and praying. How about your spouse he (she) ever been got TB? my husband have not,but I don't know why they asked for this test.My panel doctor didn't ask himt taking any test more and she said nothing to us,just finished the report and sent all docs to HOC,my private doctor looked at the chest X-ray film and told me that's OK,it is quite normal. How about your case? what did your private doctor say?or did your panel doctor advice.

Where are you from? I am from a country that is high risk of TB
Old May 28th 2009, 5:52 am
Just Joined

Question Re: 509 Apical lordotic and repeat Posteroanterior (PA) chest x-ray films

Hi!
It is my husband's situation. He took the test as required and HOC recieved on 15.05.09,now I'm waiting and praying. How about your spouse he (she) ever been got TB? my husband have not,but I don't know why they asked for this test.My panel doctor didn't ask himt taking any test more and she said nothing to us,just finished the report and sent all docs to HOC,my private doctor looked at the chest X-ray film and told me that's OK,it is quite normal. How about your case? what did your private doctor say?or did your panel doctor advice.

Where are you from? I am from a country that is high risk of TB
Hi,
I am from Bangladesh, a country that is in high risk of TB. My wife says she never had TB, but it is possible that she came in contact with people who had TB. The second tests are done on 20.05.09, and the doctor said, there is a slightly blakish mark on the x-ray film----this might mean a latent TB. However, since my wife is the secondary applicant, HOC might accept the reports as ok, or might ask us to be treated by a doctor for complete satisfaction. HOC is yet to respond. I think they shall ask us to be trerated for TB, although it might be latent or silent.

My doctor says, the treatment takes just 20-30 days. which means, my whole process gets delayed by a month or two. I am worried.

ashru12
Old May 28th 2009, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

Hi mate,
No mater what your wife is dependant, if she have got a signal of TB, it will effect your visa assessment. Is the doctor who told your your wife's situation a panel doc or private doc? If he is panel doctor I surprise that why he did not ask your wife take more test to demonstrate she is free or inactive or active TB? These tests will take you more than 60 days, exspecially sputum test.
- If the test's result show that she 's free with TB, your application 'll be processed further
- If the test's result show that she 's got inactive TB, she 'll asked to sign a commitment of under control of Health service when she come AU and your application 'll be processed further
- If the test's result show that she 's got active TB, your application 'll be pended and she'll asked for taking a course of treatment (usually 9 months). After that, she 'll be take some test to sure that she 's quite successful treatment, then your application 'll be processed further .

That's all I know about this matter, I share it with you, hope that'll help you
Old May 29th 2009, 4:17 am
June'08 applicant

sandy81 is on a distinguished road

I have seen atleast 4-5 people in the current month to get similar kind of requests .. all belongs to HR country or had been living in HR country for few years or have an inactive TB .. It appears that HOC is now doing more random double check on x-rays for HR country applicant or asks to repeat even if they have a minor doubt!!

Overall it is good to keep Australia a TB free country but it is a pain for the applicant who do not have any symptoms or a past history of the TB.

The most unfair part of this procedure is, HOC has put all of us again in a queue rather than sending further x-rays directly to the MOC to assess our health from where they have been left off. This is the case with all the people who received similar kind of request. I am touch with those 4-5 people. Even we have requested CO, if in case they can push the MOC to prioritize but haven't heard anything from CO or from the HOC....

For those who are going for medicals, be careful with your position and breathe while radiologist/radiographer take your x-ray..... Improper position can make your x-ray result little suspicious and you may expect a repeat requst. Ask your radiographer if x-ray is proper or not. Tell them that you are not asking them what x-ray reveals/not reveals but only the clarity.

Needless to mention, there is a guideline on page 48 for the panel radiologist on how to take proper x-rays... This may be useful for you to identify(if you can) whether panel radiologist has shot an x-ray beam from correct angle or not ?

http://www.immi.gov.au/gateways/pane...structions.pdf

I feel that the visa quota for the year 2008-09 is about to be exhausted or already exhausted. So they are deliberately slowing down the process.... This is just my view, I have nothing to support this statement.

Let's hope for the best !!

Last edited by sandy81; May 29th 2009 at 4:37 am.
Old May 29th 2009, 7:37 am
Forum Regular

it is a pain for the applicant who do not have any symptoms or a past history of the TB.

The most unfair part of this procedure is, HOC has put all of us again in a queue rather than sending further x-rays directly to the MOC to assess our health from where they have been left off.

Yeah, I entirely agree with your opinions about this matter.I've adviced by 4 doctors (not include panel doctor) who all told me that my spouse's chest X-ray's quite normal ! When CO contacted me on Feb, I thought that I would have got Visa on March or April but now I really don't know when I'll got our visa because I can not guess what HOC 'll ask us to do next. It is stressful all the time of waiting.

Last edited by whitedog; May 29th 2009 at 7:42 am.
Old May 29th 2009, 2:34 pm
Just Joined

it is a pain for the applicant who do not have any symptoms or a past history of the TB.

The most unfair part of this procedure is, HOC has put all of us again in a queue rather than sending further x-rays directly to the MOC to assess our health from where they have been left off.

Yeah, I entirely agree with your opinions about this matter.I've adviced by 4 doctors (not include panel doctor) who all told me that my spouse's chest X-ray's quite normal ! When CO contacted me on Feb, I thought that I would have got Visa on March or April but now I really don't know when I'll got our visa because I can not guess what HOC 'll ask us to do next. It is stressful all the time of waiting.

I also agree with Sandy81, maybe the visa intake for the year 2008-09 is about to be exhausted or already exhausted, and probably they are deliberately slowing down the process....but this is just a feeling. They could delay the process even without asking for a re-test. Let's keep our fingers crossed, but hope for the best!

ashru12
Jul-08 applicant, Accountant in CSL, IELTS-8.0, CO-23.03, All docs sent incl. medical and PCC-15.04, re-test asked by HOC-19.05, re-test reports sent- 20.05, now waiting... ... ...
Old Jun 8th 2009, 9:45 am
Just Joined

bhagwan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ashru12
I also agree with Sandy81, maybe the visa intake for the year 2008-09 is about to be exhausted or already exhausted, and probably they are deliberately slowing down the process....but this is just a feeling. They could delay the process even without asking for a re-test. Let's keep our fingers crossed, but hope for the best!

ashru12
Jul-08 applicant, Accountant in CSL, IELTS-8.0, CO-23.03, All docs sent incl. medical and PCC-15.04, re-test asked by HOC-19.05, re-test reports sent- 20.05, now waiting... ... ...
Dear ,

I have also repeat x ray and 509 Apical Lordotic advised . Going to submit same.I want to know that how we can check our medical status with HAS -Sydney. I am from India . Applied for Spouse visa. Cleared PCC also. Got latter from VO Delhi .Please advise in details if anyone knows about.

Bhagwan
Old Jun 8th 2009, 11:10 am
June'08 applicant

Originally Posted by bhagwan
Dear ,

I have also repeat x ray and 509 Apical Lordotic advised . Going to submit same.I want to know that how we can check our medical status with HAS -Sydney. I am from India . Applied for Spouse visa. Cleared PCC also. Got latter from VO Delhi .Please advise in details if anyone knows about.

Bhagwan
It's unfortunate to hear that you also got a repeat PA and apical view like us here in this thread... Hopefully we all will get assessed by this week and will have some news to share ...

In the meantime, you can be in touch with the HOC on below email address
[email protected]

or you can lodge and online enquiry @ http://www.immi.gov.au/contacts/form...centres.htm?51, with passport no.,DOB,file no.,date of application,date of submission of medicals,authorised mail address.

Good Luck !!
Old Jun 9th 2009, 3:36 am
June'08 applicant

The MOC has assessed my further requested chest x-rays and finalized on 04-June-2009 but I got an email today from the HOC ... Such a relief !!!

My meds timeline:

21-03-2009: Meds done based on the request of CO
26-03-2009: Meds reached the HOC
01-04-2009: Meds forwarded to the MOC
04-05-2009: Asked to repeat PA chest and do apical lordotic view
05-05-2009: Further x-rays done
08-05-2009: Courier reached to the HOC
13-05-2009: Further x-rays forwarded to the MOC
04-06-2009: The MOC has given me clean chit and finalized my meds
09-06-2009: I received an email stating that my meds were finalized on 04-June-2009

Cheers,Sandy

Last edited by sandy81; Jun 9th 2009 at 3:49 am. Reason: Typo
Old Jun 11th 2009, 1:04 pm
Just Joined

bhagwan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sandy81
The MOC has assessed my further requested chest x-rays and finalized on 04-June-2009 but I got an email today from the HOC ... Such a relief !!!

My meds timeline:

21-03-2009: Meds done based on the request of CO
26-03-2009: Meds reached the HOC
01-04-2009: Meds forwarded to the MOC
04-05-2009: Asked to repeat PA chest and do apical lordotic view
05-05-2009: Further x-rays done
08-05-2009: Courier reached to the HOC
13-05-2009: Further x-rays forwarded to the MOC
04-06-2009: The MOC has given me clean chit and finalized my meds
09-06-2009: I received an email stating that my meds were finalized on 04-June-2009

Cheers,Sandy

Dear ,

Thanks for informations from you, &

Congretulations , It is nice to have clean cheat.
MOC has make decession at 20 days time.
They are looking minulty for minor white spot with x ray film , generaly they are of calcivity and common to all norman human body .
I do not understand that , when our rediologist remarks about absent of TB
then what others they have doubt about .

I , assume about rendom cheking and repeat x ray .

Is , HAS and HOC are same processing centre?

Undergone through repeat x ray by 9th june 09 .

Thanks to all.

Bhagvan
Old Jun 11th 2009, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

slippery30 will become famous soon enough

Dear ,

They are looking minulty for minor white spot with x ray film , generaly they are of calcivity and common to all norman human body .

Thanks to all.

Bhagvan
i just have to ask who did u send for ur ielts
Old Jun 11th 2009, 2:54 pm
June'08 applicant

Dear ,

Thanks to all.

Bhagvan
Thanks Bhagwan and I also wish you a good luck for your medicals and visa ... i read a lot in the last month about apical view and why it is so useful for the radiologist to diagnose diseases like TB.

It's a part of health checkup process and you have no control on it. The MOCs have huge responsibility to keep the Oz a TB free country and they can go to whatever extent they can to do so.

In btw, what is your Visa timeline and which visa did you apply ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.