Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Cherry Blossom and Magnolia

Cherry Blossom and Magnolia

Old Apr 11th 2009, 4:51 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Cherry Blossom and Magnolia

Stunning! No other word for it.

As my car turns every corner i break into a smile like a cheshire cat
Cherry blossom, may blossom and magnolias have burst into bloom this week. Add to that the daffodils and tulips and it feels like the UK is one big burst of colour right now.

Fligh back was ok, although Etihad airlines need to improve the cabin crew service somewhat, but ok overall.

After a few nights with my daughter, we have now moved into our holiday caravan park which seems to be a pretty cool place! They allow us to have our dog with us, which is why we decided to do this as it makes life a lot easier in the short term. Once Mr Flea knows where he is working then we will find a permanent home. Had a glorious sunny day Friday, although I didnt feel it was warm enough for these kids at the holiday park to be using the outdoor swimming pool but kids will be kids i guess. I hope they dont catch pnuemonia...lol!!

We have been racing around buyng essential items, had several visits from rellies, and way too much good food!! Its got to stop. I said this in the fish restaurant today as the last mouthful of crispy freshly battered haddock slid down my throat geeez it was yummy

My little disabled grandaughter who is now 21mths old, was totally dumbstruck when nanna walked in the room she thinks i live in the computer on the webcam. Seeing me in the flesh was a bit of a shock to her, but i burst into ters when she held her arms up for me to give her a cuddle!
Nothing will take me away from these kids again.
Looking forward to my first overnighter babysitting tomorrow...gawwwd... am i ready i ask myself I have an easter egg hunt lined up, and have been given orders that i am supervising making an easter tree... (what the hell is that?!!! ) Oh well, i shall find out tomorrow.

I cant tell you how good it is to finally be home. Mr Flea keeps pinching himself as he cant believe he's here.
He has already been accepted by one nursing agency and has to do induction training, but has 3 interviews next week for perm jobs, so fingers crossed.

Will update some more later. Need to lie down. Too much shopping today
Old Apr 11th 2009, 5:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cherry Blossom and Magnolia

Good to hear that things have started off so well Flea!

I agree the magnolias are a picture and all the blossom in the hedgerows does put a smile on one's face! We saw the most glorious magnolia in Mildenhall today and some of the daffs are still going very strong.

I am also enjoying the birdsong. What a pleasant change from the raucous squawks of the cockies and magpies in Aus. These ones actually SING!

Shame about today's weather and when I was at the Sovereign's Parade at Sandhurst the other day it was cold wet and miserable but who cares, it has been glorious most of the past fortnight.

Hope all the job searching goes smoothly and you know where you will be heading for. Australia will be a dim and distant memory before too long I expect.
Old Apr 11th 2009, 5:14 pm
Grace and gratitude

pommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond reputepommybird has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome home my love - you sound so happy, it's just bursting out of your post!! Enjoy your family and being home and happy Easter!!xxxx
Old Apr 11th 2009, 5:19 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

It sounds wonderful. I'm so jealous, I have to wait till June to go home for the summer.
Old Apr 11th 2009, 5:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Elaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond reputeElaine B. has a reputation beyond repute

Bloody hell woman you just made my mascara run reading about your little grand daughter's reaction I can just imagine it my OH is away at the minute and I'm sure my baby girl (she about the same age) thinks I keep locking daddy away in the computer for months at a time. Anyway so glad to hear how happy you are to be home
Old Apr 11th 2009, 7:39 pm
Just hanging around

Bevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond reputeBevm has a reputation beyond repute

Great to hear from you, Flea.

I agree about the birdsong. Glorious!

Did you hear that cuckoos seem to have disappeared? People are in two minds. They're awful birds that harm others, but that cuckoo call always was a sign of spring.

Now we're over the jetlag it's time to get things organized to move back. I think perhaps the longer time changes are easier. Just lose most of a day. 8 hours is horrid. Totally knocks everything off.

Bev
Old Apr 12th 2009, 5:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Merseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeMerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Nice to hear from you so soon Flea, you sound so happy and alive. Wish I was there to see the blossom and hear the birdsong, I can imagine what it is like.
Hope everything continues to go well for you...keep us posted.
Old Apr 12th 2009, 7:50 am
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Flea
So nice to read your post.Spending time with family is just so important is'nt it?I'm always heading out for walks and yesterday went out for 2 hours.It never ceases to amaze me,the beauty of this country,stunning as you said!Where I live,people take alot of pride in their gardens and boy they are spectacular too!Yes I tune into the bird song too and its just wonderful at this time of the year.Anyway lovely to hear from you and fingers crossed for your OH with those jobs,have a great life xxxxx
Old Apr 12th 2009, 8:05 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Great to hear you are finally enjoying your life flea and catching up with everyone who is special in your life

Really good to hear all is well in your world mate
Old Apr 12th 2009, 9:28 am
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome home!! Isn't it just the best feeling ever xxxxxx
Old Apr 13th 2009, 1:08 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
Stunning! No other word for it.

As my car turns every corner i break into a smile like a cheshire cat
Cherry blossom, may blossom and magnolias have burst into bloom this week. Add to that the daffodils and tulips and it feels like the UK is one big burst of colour right now.

Fligh back was ok, although Etihad airlines need to improve the cabin crew service somewhat, but ok overall.

After a few nights with my daughter, we have now moved into our holiday caravan park which seems to be a pretty cool place! They allow us to have our dog with us, which is why we decided to do this as it makes life a lot easier in the short term. Once Mr Flea knows where he is working then we will find a permanent home. Had a glorious sunny day Friday, although I didnt feel it was warm enough for these kids at the holiday park to be using the outdoor swimming pool but kids will be kids i guess. I hope they dont catch pnuemonia...lol!!

We have been racing around buyng essential items, had several visits from rellies, and way too much good food!! Its got to stop. I said this in the fish restaurant today as the last mouthful of crispy freshly battered haddock slid down my throat geeez it was yummy

My little disabled grandaughter who is now 21mths old, was totally dumbstruck when nanna walked in the room she thinks i live in the computer on the webcam. Seeing me in the flesh was a bit of a shock to her, but i burst into ters when she held her arms up for me to give her a cuddle!
Nothing will take me away from these kids again.
Looking forward to my first overnighter babysitting tomorrow...gawwwd... am i ready i ask myself I have an easter egg hunt lined up, and have been given orders that i am supervising making an easter tree... (what the hell is that?!!! ) Oh well, i shall find out tomorrow.

I cant tell you how good it is to finally be home. Mr Flea keeps pinching himself as he cant believe he's here.
He has already been accepted by one nursing agency and has to do induction training, but has 3 interviews next week for perm jobs, so fingers crossed.

Will update some more later. Need to lie down. Too much shopping today
Thank you for the post it really brought a lump to my throat....we have just sold our home and cannot wait to be back home asap (staying until our youngest finishes year 11 this Dec)....people here have already started the "your mad" etc so it was lovely to read/hear about the things that matter (to us anyway) family, friends....good food and ofcourse a glorious country in Spring Time.....good luck and bestwishes and before you know it you might be in that swimming pool apparanetly it's going to be a dry summer for you this year....
Old Apr 13th 2009, 6:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Eastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really nice

You lucky thing! Your post is great, I was almost there with you; even the title got me going
Old Apr 13th 2009, 4:29 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone.

You are right about the birdsong Quoll. Was listening to a songthrush in my daugthers garden this morning. Then a bit later a big fat robin sat on the lawn pulling up an enormous worm!!
Being in the countryside is wonderful, although I was sad to see 3 dead badgers on the roadside in the last few days. Not sure why so many seem to be getting run over. Cant remember seeing them years ago

I neednt have worried about my dog coming over. I have never seen her so perky. The cooler climate seems to suit her. She was well looked after on her flight. When we picked her up she had been bathed and even had her hair blow dried

Saw my first Britains Got Talent show on Saturday night. I laughed my socks off. I will do an individual thread for this womn that was on there. She sure as hell deserves it!
Old Apr 14th 2009, 12:07 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
Thanks everyone.

You are right about the birdsong Quoll. Was listening to a songthrush in my daugthers garden this morning. Then a bit later a big fat robin sat on the lawn pulling up an enormous worm!!
Being in the countryside is wonderful, although I was sad to see 3 dead badgers on the roadside in the last few days. Not sure why so many seem to be getting run over. Cant remember seeing them years ago

I neednt have worried about my dog coming over. I have never seen her so perky. The cooler climate seems to suit her. She was well looked after on her flight. When we picked her up she had been bathed and even had her hair blow dried

Saw my first Britains Got Talent show on Saturday night. I laughed my socks off. I will do an individual thread for this womn that was on there. She sure as hell deserves it!
Was that the Scottish Lady who looked after her Mother?..it was shown on Today Tonight (I don't normally watch regular t.v.) she sang like an Angel....and the crowd stood up to applaud her.....what a character....she has my vote....shame I will not be able to watch the whole series....but I will next year!!!!
Old Apr 14th 2009, 12:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Eastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really niceEastend Girl is just really nice

Back to your original post, reminded me of when I was still living in London (home) my grandson who was here in Brisbane thought I was the Queen - he used to point to her on the postage stamps and say 'Nanna' No webcams then (I don't think)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.