Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

The end of the NZ immigration road for me and him - Citizenship

The end of the NZ immigration road for me and him - Citizenship

Old Mar 25th 2009, 3:39 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default The end of the NZ immigration road for me and him - Citizenship

Yup. The end of that particular long and winding road for us.

Pixis thread prompted my conscience to share our news here on our little NZ forum. I s'pose I've been a bit pre-occupied with family matters of late.

On March 5th 2009 at 10a.m. we became NZ Citizens & have the certificates & two kowhai trees to prove it.

I arrived back from the UK just in time, with around a week to spare.

We received our letters from internal affairs telling us we would be granted citizenship before I had to return to the UK. Himself received the letters from internal affairs ,whilst I was away , stating what the citizenship ceremony date would be and asking us to let them know how many guests we might be bringing along. It also stated that a high standard of dress was required.

We, along with a few other families , met at the council offices. We were taken into the room where council meetings are held . Everyone sat down and the Mayor made a speech welcoming us as NZ citizens. We then had to go up in family groups and each swear our allegience one by one, in front of the Mayor , who then handed us our Citizen certificates.
After everyone had done that, the national anthem was sung in English and Maori. There was a local school choir there to help with that. The Mayor then read a letter from the Minister of Internal Affairs.
During and after the ceremony there was a photographer there to take everyone's photos with the Mayor and also with the NZ flag. It was then tea and cakes all round as we chatted with the Mayor and other local councillors.

That's us done and dusted then. Final step is to apply for the NZ passports.

Last edited by BEVS; Sep 25th 2012 at 3:20 am.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 3:42 am
Forum Regular

waynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to beholdwaynepfry is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: THe end of the NZ immigration road for me and him.

That's great news. Congratulations!
Old Mar 25th 2009, 3:59 am
Who loves you, baby?

sparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond repute

well done - Aussie beckons then
Old Mar 25th 2009, 3:59 am
Who loves you, baby?

sparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond reputesparkie down under has a reputation beyond repute

Have some good on you karma as well
Old Mar 25th 2009, 4:09 am
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats mate.

I kind of get the idea that Sparkie rather fancies heading over the ditch....
Old Mar 25th 2009, 4:13 am
Who loves you, baby?

I can't think why you think that cobber, just off to me billybong for another tinnie of the amber necter, like what us kiwi's do, aye.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 4:52 am
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations
Old Mar 25th 2009, 4:58 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS here

That's us done and dusted then. Final step is to apply for the NZ passports.
Congratulations.

You'll probably still get the blue New Zealand passport rather than the new black design:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Zealand_passport
(existing design)

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10530268
(new design)
Old Mar 25th 2009, 5:20 am
Forum Regular

nick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud ofnick333 has much to be proud of

Congratulations.

For all the support and invaluable knowledge you provide others on this site, it is the very least you deserve.

Hope you had a wonderful day!
Old Mar 25th 2009, 5:20 am
Here in Dunedin

southerner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond reputesoutherner has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations to you and him. Guess you'll be off down the tavern to celebrate.
Old Mar 25th 2009, 5:33 am
A land far far away

pixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond reputepixi-dust has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations you two! That's lovely.
Now I'm freaking out a bit about the 'smart dress'! I don't have anything smart
Old Mar 25th 2009, 5:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by southerner
Congratulations to you and him. Guess you'll be off down the tavern to celebrate.
Bloody hell!! You get your money's worth then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great to hear you are now part of the fixtures and fittings.....Kate and I had a joint 40-50th this year...the citizenship is yet another good reason for a blinding piss up (with the final stalwarts of the party ending up in the spa in very little but their merry smiles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!). Roll on the ceremony AND another knees up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations Bev and Mr Bev!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Mar 25th 2009, 5:56 am
SLH
Forum Regular

SLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud of

Congratulations.

Not sure if we will get round to doing ours, may do it for our daughter some day. How long did it all take?
Old Mar 25th 2009, 8:38 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Bevs,

Congratulations.

For all the support and invaluable knowledge you provide others on this site, it is the very least you deserve.
I second that! A drink to Mr and Mrs Bevs
Sue
Old Mar 25th 2009, 8:40 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

That's great news - congratulations to you both.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.