Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand > Immigration, Citizenship and Visas (NZ)
Reload this Page >

Cost of immigration, do you really want to know?

Cost of immigration, do you really want to know?

Old Mar 18th 2009, 8:57 am
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Cost of immigration, do you really want to know?

I know Weejie has done this recently and I have been meaning to do this for ages but just never got round to it. Hope it helps. Would have put it in the same thread as hers but I cannot find it anywhere
This is for one person emigrating under the SMC though I'm sure some of the costs will have gone up since I went through the process [Dec 2008-Dec 2009]

Immigration forms
Submission of EOI online £155.67
Full birth certificate £7.00
Police certificate £35
Passport photos £4
Medicals/blood tests/xray £308
Submission of ITA £685
ITA Special delivery cost £5.05
Migrant Levy £115

Total £1,314.72

Occupational registration
passport photos £4
Notary Public fees £30
Letter of good standing £3.50
Registration fee £213.20
Postage to NZ £6.73

Total £257.43

Various
Train fares to get to NZ House [x5] £25
Complaint letter sent by special delivery £4.60
Expo NZ ticket and train fare £20

Shipping belongings 72cu ft £850
One way flight to NZ £764

Total £2,513.60

The grand total is £4,085.75
Crap that is the first time I have added it all together, wish I hadn't now
It didn't seem that much at the time.
Sue
Old Mar 18th 2009, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

hosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud of
Default Re: Cost of immigration, do you really want to know?

It's a shocker isn't it. One standard unit of emigration expenditure seems to be £500 in our house at the moment - and we're starting to spend lots of units!

Still, I am hoping to recoup much of it in free days out at the beach once we arrive
Old Mar 20th 2009, 9:59 am
BE Enthusiast

jennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond reputejennifer45 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hosebergine
It's a shocker isn't it. One standard unit of emigration expenditure seems to be £500 in our house at the moment - and we're starting to spend lots of units!

Still, I am hoping to recoup much of it in free days out at the beach once we arrive
I look at it this way.
Each of the last 6 years it has cost us around £9,000 just on flights and 3 month rentals (Flights £5,250, house £2,400 average and car £1500) and we had to pay $25 to leave NZ!
This time the 'cost of emigrating' will be well worth it, because we won't be returning to UK! [unless we can't sell the house. In the process of preparing it.]
Thinking of wrapping a great big ribbon [ magnolia of course] round it, seeing as we're going to be giving it away!
Old Mar 20th 2009, 3:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue R
I know Weejie has done this recently and I have been meaning to do this for ages but just never got round to it. Hope it helps. Would have put it in the same thread as hers but I cannot find it anywhere
This is for one person emigrating under the SMC though I'm sure some of the costs will have gone up since I went through the process [Dec 2008-Dec 2009]

Immigration forms
Submission of EOI online £155.67
Full birth certificate £7.00
Police certificate £35
Passport photos £4
Medicals/blood tests/xray £308
Submission of ITA £685
ITA Special delivery cost £5.05
Migrant Levy £115

Total £1,314.72

Occupational registration
passport photos £4