Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Redundancy Support Group Meeting - Sunday 22nd of March

Redundancy Support Group Meeting - Sunday 22nd of March

Old Apr 13th 2009, 7:02 pm
Just Joined

bluesbrother is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Redundancy Support Group Meeting - Sunday 22nd of March

Hi guys, I just want to ask a question...
A friend told me, his friend (I know, its a friend of a friend thing), that he left the country to his home country, and had a personal loan with a bank. He went to the bank and told them that he was leaving, as he was not finding a job, and needed 1 year where he did not pay anything, and once he came back to Dubai (after 1 year), he would find a job (being after the recession), and continue then to repay the loan...
Is this actually possible?
The reason I ask, is becuase I have been made redundant for more than a month and still after plastering my CV all across Dubai and Abu Dhabi, have not even had call backs, just the normal,
1) we are currently firing
2) we are not hiring
3) try waiting for another month
now the problem is that my reserve money is not much, and i am scared that if i tell the banks they will freeze everything...
mind you i am making all the monthly payments and am thinking about going back to aus. with atleast some money in my pocket...
has anyone heard of this, where the banks allow the person to leave and come back to pay the loan...?
I mean i dont want to leave the country, as i have made it my home...
Old Apr 14th 2009, 3:52 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

an all unto common situation, I advise you speak to your Bank and explain your situation, see if they can freeze your debt until such a time as you are able to pay it. I have heard of people being able to do this who have gone to their home countries, attained work and paid their debts from there. Good luck with the job hunting. What line of work are you looking for?
Old Apr 14th 2009, 4:05 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bluesbrother
, as i have made it my home...
mistake number 1.....
Old Apr 14th 2009, 5:17 am
Just Joined

bluesbrother is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
an all unto common situation, I advise you speak to your Bank and explain your situation, see if they can freeze your debt until such a time as you are able to pay it. I have heard of people being able to do this who have gone to their home countries, attained work and paid their debts from there. Good luck with the job hunting. What line of work are you looking for?
Hi Blue Cat, I am in media and marketing...
You wouldnt happen to know of anything would you?
Old Apr 14th 2009, 5:19 am

rowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond reputerowell has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
mistake number 1.....
"There are no mistakes in life just lessons"
Old Apr 14th 2009, 5:31 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bluesbrother
Hi Blue Cat, I am in media and marketing...
You wouldnt happen to know of anything would you?
sorry but I haven't heard of anything