gstring!

Old Jan 27th 2009, 7:37 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default gstring!

Where's your good news?!
Old Jan 27th 2009, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

gstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: gstring!

Hey,

It's kind of good and bad at the same time. I've had a rollercoaster of a day and finding some solace in a glass of red wine right now.

Abridged story:

I need to get a joint sponsor, even though we have enough assets! I had to hand over 3 years tax returns and the tax return for 2006 was a little short. So as a result I have to send the required documents(I-134), along with my passport to the Embassy asap and they will then issue the visa.

So...since arriving back from the Embassy I have been on the phone trying to arrange with my father-in-law a new I-134. It's now being sent via fedex and should be here by Thursday 12pm.

I don't have to go back to the Embassy and they told me that it the turn around would be roughly 5 days.

Phew.

I have a few questions and queries about joint sponsorship, as I never thought we would need it. I thought I had it ALL covered..just goes to show. Once my brain calms down I will write about my experience, which was still very pleasant indeed!

Last edited by gstring; Jan 27th 2009 at 8:44 pm. Reason: Far too many
Old Jan 27th 2009, 8:49 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, chickie, and don't you worry about that Sponsorship; it sounds like you have it under control.

Remember: sometimes despite the best laid plans, you are the one who gets a CO with a bee in their bonnet about something that has never before come up. Stay flexible and informed, just like you are!
I will toast you tonight, special.

PS: I don't normally thread-beg like that but I had to make sure the Embassy stayed open for you!
Old Jan 27th 2009, 9:56 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
Where's your good news?!
Oh poo! I saw the title of the thread and clicked on it with keen enthusiasm. Boy, was I ever disappointed!

Ian
Old Jan 27th 2009, 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Oh poo! I saw the title of the thread and clicked on it with keen enthusiasm. Boy, was I ever disappointed!

Ian
How pathetic I am.. it took me three reads!
Old Jan 28th 2009, 12:25 am
BE Enthusiast

yorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by gstring
Hey,

It's kind of good and bad at the same time. I've had a rollercoaster of a day and finding some solace in a glass of red wine right now.

Abridged story:

I need to get a joint sponsor, even though we have enough assets! I had to hand over 3 years tax returns and the tax return for 2006 was a little short. So as a result I have to send the required documents(I-134), along with my passport to the Embassy asap and they will then issue the visa.

So...since arriving back from the Embassy I have been on the phone trying to arrange with my father-in-law a new I-134. It's now being sent via fedex and should be here by Thursday 12pm.

I don't have to go back to the Embassy and they told me that it the turn around would be roughly 5 days.

Phew.

I have a few questions and queries about joint sponsorship, as I never thought we would need it. I thought I had it ALL covered..just goes to show. Once my brain calms down I will write about my experience, which was still very pleasant indeed!
Hey sorry to hear you've got a bit of a delay but on the plus side at least you know its been approved you just need to get the documentation for them so congratulations in advance

Also, what are you getting the joint sponsor to send? I need a joint sponsor too for my I-134 and apart from 3 years tax returns don't really know what else to send, if you could let me know what you are using or what the embassy said you would need that would be so helpful!

Thanks!

Sophie

p.s I am doing the K1 to Chicago route to , although am a couple of months behind you as only just returned packet 3
Old Jan 28th 2009, 12:30 am

hey there Sohpie, I thought I had just posted this recently, but this is a very humane article explaining the I-134 and what you're trying to accomplish:

I-134 and Overcoming the Public Charge Issue

and this, from the London Cons. website

* Evidence of Support: An applicant for a K visa is not required to file an affidavit of support, form I-864 at the time he or she applies for a fiancé(e) visa. However, the Immigration and Nationality Act does require the applicant to establish to the satisfaction of the consular officer at the time of the application for a visa, and also to the satisfaction of an officer of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration at the time of application for admission to the United States, that he or she is not likely at any time to become a public charge.

Evidence Which May Be Presented to Meet the Public Charge Provisions of the Law
Old Jan 28th 2009, 12:32 am
BE Enthusiast

yorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to beholdyorkieuk is a splendid one to behold

Thank you so much!
As helpful as always!
I phoned the £1.20 a minute line but was left even more confused so this straightens my head out yey!

Sophie
Old Jan 28th 2009, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

gstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond reputegstring has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm

Ian
Sorry Ian.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by yorkieuk
Hey sorry to hear you've got a bit of a delay but on the plus side at least you know its been approved you just need to get the documentation for them so congratulations in advance

Also, what are you getting the joint sponsor to send? I need a joint sponsor too for my I-134 and apart from 3 years tax returns don't really know what else to send, if you could let me know what you are using or what the embassy said you would need that would be so helpful!

Thanks!

Sophie

p.s I am doing the K1 to Chicago route to , although am a couple of months behind you as only just returned packet 3
Thank you for the kind words.

They have only requested Tax Returns & W2 for 2007. on the form they have given me has many things they could potentially ask for. I'd say take as much as you can, then your ready for anything!

Chicago, YAY!
Old Jan 28th 2009, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by meauxna
Congratulations, chickie, and don't you worry about that Sponsorship; it sounds like you have it under control.

Remember: sometimes despite the best laid plans, you are the one who gets a CO with a bee in their bonnet about something that has never before come up. Stay flexible and informed, just like you are!
I will toast you tonight, special.

PS: I don't normally thread-beg like that but I had to make sure the Embassy stayed open for you!
Thank you for toasting me! We'll do it again next week when I get the visa in hand.

I always get the one that's got out of the wrong side of the bed!

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...91#post7223091
Old Jan 28th 2009, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

I have a question, if anyone would like to help. I have my Father-in-law-to-be sending me the I-134. We were unsure about question 11.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-134.pdf

He is sending me two copies with different answers. I thought this might buy us some time. One states - N/A (K1 VISA PROCESS FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCE. And the other states - ANY AND ALL FINANCIAL SUPPORT INDEFINITELY.

I'm unsure which to send, and I have a query with the boxes on question 11 too.

The documents will arrive with me tomorrow and I have arranged for the Embassy's courier to collect on Friday.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 10:10 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

I have a question, if anyone would like to help. I have my Father-in-law-to-be sending me the I-134. We were unsure about question 11.

He is sending me two copies with different answers. I thought this might buy us some time. One states - N/A (K1 VISA PROCESS FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCE. And the other states - ANY AND ALL FINANCIAL SUPPORT INDEFINITELY.

The documents will arrive with me tomorrow and I have arranged for the Embassy's courier to collect on Friday.
Hi. We checked do not intend for question 11 and answere N/A K1 Visa. Others have answered differently.My husband (then fiancee) was approved at his interview. We had a joint sponsor as well. Although I make enough in income and my w2's show it most of my income is from tips and the base is below the poverty level and we didn't want to chance it. I had quite a bit in assets though. The Conoff looked through my I134, w2's and bank and stock statements and when my husbandd mentioned that we also had a joint sponser he said my income and assets were fine. I traveled alot in 2006 and had very little income then but he wasn't concerned with that. I guess each Conoff is different. We still used a joint sponsor for the I864 for our AOS just in case. Hope everything gets sorted for you!
Old Jan 28th 2009, 10:19 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

gs,

I'm one of those who answered differently.

Many many many peoples' experiences indicate that either answer will work. The question has more significance for other types of non-immigrant visa.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by penguinbar
Hi. We checked do not intend for question 11 and answere N/A K1 Visa. Others have answered differently.
Old Jan 29th 2009, 6:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
gs,

I'm one of those who answered differently.

Many many many peoples' experiences indicate that either answer will work. The question has more significance for other types of non-immigrant visa.

Regards, JEff
Jeff - reading your answer makes me think I should go for the "ANY AND ALL FINANCIAL SUPPORT INDEFINITELY" answer. After all, he is my Father-in-law and that's what families do, support each other. Now I'm undecided on the box that needs ticking.

Thank you for your help.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.