Teacher Assessment / 175 Visa Application

Old Jan 26th 2009, 5:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

nbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud of
Default Teacher Assessment / 175 Visa Application

Hi

I am in the process of sending off my Teacher Assessment forms. I have to tick one particular ASCO code however, my quals show my age range 7-14yrs however I have only ever taught in secondary levels 11-16yrs. If I tick primary ASCO code this would mean I would then not be on the CSL list. Could I tick ASCO code secondary? thanks Nicky
Old Jan 26th 2009, 5:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Teacher Assessment / 175 Visa Application

Originally Posted by nbn8
Hi

I am in the process of sending off my Teacher Assessment forms. I have to tick one particular ASCO code however, my quals show my age range 7-14yrs however I have only ever taught in secondary levels 11-16yrs. If I tick primary ASCO code this would mean I would then not be on the CSL list. Could I tick ASCO code secondary? thanks Nicky
hi Nicky

Yes, tick Secondary School teacher. If TA think you are not qualified for this occupation, they will consider you under Primary.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Old Jan 26th 2009, 6:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

nbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud ofnbn8 has much to be proud of

HI Tony

Can I still tick secondary with my degree cert showing 7-14yrs? Thanks Nicky
Old Jan 26th 2009, 6:14 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

I'm waiting for the result of my Teacher Assessment; TA acknowledged receipt of it on the 5th January, and so far I've nothing back about any documents being missing, so hopefully that's a good sign.

I presume I will hear back by the end of Feb or mid-March? Anyone any words of advice as I wait to hear back...it's daunting not knowing if they will find my skills suffice to teach in Oz...

Jen
Old Jan 26th 2009, 6:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Jen

I am just about to send my TA off now. Which visa are you going to apply on? Where are you heading? Nicky
Old Jan 26th 2009, 6:24 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jen

I am just about to send my TA off now. Which visa are you going to apply on? Where are you heading? Nicky
The General Skilled Migration visa...ideally I'd like to relocate to Melbourne, but to be honest, I'm quite open about where to go, Perth seems good too, and according to some, there's a teacher shortage there!?

How many years experience have you got, and are you Primary or Secondary? I'm in my 9th year now, and am Primary...KS1... Where would you consider yourself?
Old Jan 26th 2009, 6:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jen

Im secondary and I am in my 5th year of teaching - we are hoping to go to Brisbane area. We did originally look at Perth my oh is a joiner and we are trying to look at the best option for work. We have two little ones 6 and 3 and QLD seemed to have more to offer but who knows. Nicky
Old Jan 26th 2009, 6:29 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Jen

Im secondary and I am in my 5th year of teaching - we are hoping to go to Brisbane area. We did originally look at Perth my oh is a joiner and we are trying to look at the best option for work. We have two little ones 6 and 3 and QLD seemed to have more to offer but who knows. Nicky
My partner is in the British Army and is trying to 'transfer' to the Australian Army, so he could possibly be sent to Melbourne. I'll just wait to see what the outcome of my Skills Assessment is, then take it from there....

Do you know of anyone whose had a positive response to their Skills Assessment recently?
Old Jan 26th 2009, 6:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

I dont know of anyone who has had their TA back. Good luck and let me know when you get your POSITIVE result which I am sure you will.
Old Jan 26th 2009, 6:34 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

I dont know of anyone who has had their TA back. Good luck and let me know when you get your POSITIVE result which I am sure you will.
Thanks, I appreciate your faith in me...one last thing, I take it I'm right in thinking that the next stage, if we get that far, the actual visa application, costs up to a grand yes?

Are you doing your application through an agent or independently?
Old Jan 26th 2009, 6:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

HI Tony

Can I still tick secondary with my degree cert showing 7-14yrs? Thanks Nicky

No harm in trying, you are qualified to teach 12 to 14 year olds and they are in Secondary school - you have nothing to lose but you could gain priority processing.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Old Jan 26th 2009, 6:37 pm
Outback Club Member

Paddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant futurePaddy_M has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Jen1977ni
it's daunting not knowing if they will find my skills suffice to teach in Oz...

Jen

Felt the very same way when I applied. The assessment results came the day I left to go to Oz for the 6 week holiday...and I had already left when it arrived!! Had to wait until I got back to get the result. Awful.

Hope all goes well for you. Enjoy the process as much as possible.
Old Jan 26th 2009, 6:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jen

Once you get your TA back then its the visa app and I think it is just short of £1000. We are doing our visa etc independently - having done much research I figured we could do it ourselves and save some money for later. I dont know if Im missing something but getting the TA paperwork together hasnt been as hard as I had anticipated. Just hope Ive got everything. Have you gone through an agent?
Old Jan 26th 2009, 6:40 pm
'Made in Ulster' Member

Originally Posted by welshtony
No harm in trying, you are qualified to teach 12 to 14 year olds and they are in Secondary school - you have nothing to lose but you could gain priority processing.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Hi Tony, as a Primary School Teacher of 9 years, is the General Skilled Migration visa my only option? I have considered sending my cv to several schools in Australia, but, going by previous experiences here in Sunny Northern Ireland, I know that a lot of schools would prefer a cv being hand delivered, as opposed to a 'faceless' cv as this can be quite offputting and you just don't know what you're getting! I'm fortunate to have a permanent teaching post here, but have considered Oz since 2003, and have now decided to stop thinking and start doing!
Old Jan 26th 2009, 6:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by welshtony

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Tony

Thanks I will try Secondary and if not they wont just throw my application out they should then look at Primary do you think? Thanks Nicky

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.