Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Job Offers
Reload this Page >

Web Services Manager, Thompson Rivers University, Kamloops, BC.

Web Services Manager, Thompson Rivers University, Kamloops, BC.

Old Jan 26th 2009, 5:47 pm
Pea Brain

R I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond reputeR I C H has a reputation beyond repute
Default Web Services Manager, Thompson Rivers University, Kamloops, BC.

This is a 14mth contract to start mid Feb (back fill to cover a maternity leave). Please drop me a PM if you've any questions or are interested.

General Accountability

The Manager, Web Services will be responsible for managing all processes related to the implementation of web strategies and tactics for the Open Learning Division’s web presence.

Organization and Structure

The Manager, Web Services reports to the Director, Marketing & Communications - OL but also consults on a regular basis with the Vice-President on Open Learning Division’s institutional standards and policy.

The Manager will supervise staff directly associated with web services, currently including one Web Designer.

The Manager will have continual liaison with other Directors, Managers and Deans in the development of strategic web plans and creative directions for e-marketing at TRU.

Nature and Scope

The incumbent must provide strong leadership skills to ensure that the web requests of a unique campus environment are consistent and compatible with institutional standards, while at the same time meeting a wide range of marketing and communications, and budget objectives. The incumbent will be goal oriented and able to work effectively as a leader in an environment that is regularly faced with stringent deadlines and budgetary limitations. The Demonstrated understanding of the academic environment as well as working with faculty and administrators is an asset.

The incumbent will have extensive experience in web development, usability, accessibility, website metrics, data analysis, data mapping, pay-per-click marketing campaigns, traditional design, advertising theory and production, XHTML, CSS, XHML, DHTML, Javascript, Flash, Photoshop, Dreamweaver and must be able to demonstrate leadership and expertise in the continually evolving use of technology in the web development industry.

The incumbent will have extensive experience in; conducting and analysing web usability and accessibility studies, paid and organic search engine optimization, the functionality of database design, operation, setup and customization of content management systems.

The incumbent will provide strategic council and leadership to online program managers, analysts, management team and other web stakeholders at TRU.

Specific Accountabilities

 Manage all functions of the Web Services department within the OL Marketing & Communications office.
 Document best practices in web strategy for open, distance and online education.
 Establishes and manages operational policies and processes related to accessing web design and content management services.
 Establishes short- and long-term objectives and processes including an annual web strategy.
 Write operations manual (policies and procedures) for web strategy.
 Optimize website/search engine to achieve consistent first page Google rankings designated search terms.
 Produce weekly web statistics, advise on risks and propose strategies.
 Develop online marketing strategy and subsequent campaigns.
 Control and manage budgets for web advertising.
 Hire, train, evaluate and supervise staff.
 Works with Creative Services to oversee the proper use of institutional graphic standards.
 Works with IT to customize and improve the functionality of the content management system and student portal.
 Maintains a high level of expertise in the applications, development and use of technology in web services, and provides leadership and training in their applications within the institution.