Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

For men only - very brave men....

For men only - very brave men....

Old Nov 12th 2008, 7:22 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down For men only - very brave men....

I played golf this morning: very warm and, being an old fogey, I sat on the grass a couple of times to rest my weary frame. I have been warned about sitting on the grass in Oz but.............. Anyway, I was wearing shorts.

After drinks in the clubhouse I took to the shower. (This is where the curious lady trolls should leave). As I covered my head with shampoo I felt a sharp - VERY sharp - stabbing in my left testicle (whisper it) and, after getting an eyeful of shampoo, discovered a tick firmly attached and getting ready for lunch.

(Advice: don't try to remove a tick when it's covered with soap, and slippery. Especially when your eyes are full of soap....)

Ten minutes later at the doctor: he was out on call, the other doctor was at the races. The surgery next door had two who were not at the races and a nice young doc took a pair of tweezers to my nuts and after a long, slow, VERY painful pull, removed most of said tick. I've just managed to get the rest of the fangs out myself.

So (typed through tears) - take my advice and DON'T SIT ON THE GRASS.....

Old Nov 12th 2008, 7:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: For men only - very brave men....

Ouch!!

(sorry, but when you said brave and men in the same sentence I knew that you wouldn't get many readers )
Old Nov 12th 2008, 7:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
Ouch!!

(sorry, but when you said brave and men in the same sentence I knew that you wouldn't get many readers )

....given that we have a hefty tick-and-short-clad-men population in Spring/Summer, I've placed a reference your post to our forum, hope this is ok!
Old Nov 12th 2008, 8:10 am
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute

OMG

sorry not a very brave man either but

OMG
Old Nov 12th 2008, 8:22 am
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

sounds like a load of (swollen) bollocks to me

Hope you feel better soon.

Old Nov 12th 2008, 8:38 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

O M G G Another female but can (kind of) feel your pain. Damned if I'd offer to kiss it better though
Old Nov 12th 2008, 8:41 am
Feeling A Million Pesetas

Scuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud ofScuba Steve has much to be proud of

So you got a hole in one?

At least it didn't go straight down the middle.

Did you shout foreskin? etc (sorry)
Old Nov 12th 2008, 8:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh no Wol, hope it wasn't a paralysis tick in that region!!!!
Old Nov 12th 2008, 8:48 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Amazing the number of ladies who can't help trolling a title like that <g>.

Thanks all - I am feeling sore. Should NSW tick typhus appear you'll be the first to hear!
Old Nov 12th 2008, 8:53 am
Devil's Advocate

EvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond reputeEvannTel has a reputation beyond repute

Smear it (the tic that is) in Vaseline (or get someone else to)

The tics cant breath and will take their ganshers out of you to come up for air.

Do not Vaseline that part of your body in the shower with the fella's after a game of golf.
Old Nov 12th 2008, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

simon2cairns has a brilliant futuresimon2cairns has a brilliant futuresimon2cairns has a brilliant futuresimon2cairns has a brilliant futuresimon2cairns has a brilliant futuresimon2cairns has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by EvannTel
Smear it (the tic that is) in Vaseline (or get someone else to)

The tics cant breath and will take their ganshers out of you to come up for air.

Do not Vaseline that part of your body in the shower with the fella's after a game of golf.
hmm sounds a bit S&M tic removal!!
Old Nov 12th 2008, 9:03 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Women are more than capable of hearing and dealing with the most horrific of stuff. It's just men that would avoid a thread titled "women only". You've had more sympathy from the female fraternity than the men anyway
Old Nov 12th 2008, 9:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wol
. . . As I covered my head with shampoo I felt a sharp - VERY sharp - stabbing in my left testicle (whisper it) and, after getting an eyeful of shampoo . . .
Snort . . . snort!
Old Nov 12th 2008, 9:24 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by moneypen20
You've had more sympathy from the female fraternity than the men anyway
See what I mean
Originally Posted by furkew
sounds like a load of (swollen) bollocks to me

Hope you feel better soon.

Originally Posted by Scuba Steve
So you got a hole in one?

At least it didn't go straight down the middle.

Did you shout foreskin? etc (sorry)

Originally Posted by spartacus
Snort . . . snort!
Old Nov 12th 2008, 11:10 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

This anecdote certainly ticked all the boxes for me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.