Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Flying a dog from Gatwick to Orlando with Virgin

Flying a dog from Gatwick to Orlando with Virgin

Old Nov 7th 2008, 4:05 am
James Chesterton

megalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud of
Default Flying a dog from Gatwick to Orlando with Virgin

Hi, If anyone has flown their dog from Gatwick to Orlando with Virgin I would appreciate hearing anything about your experience, I am planning to do this soon and would be grateful for any advice . . . . . . Many Thanks
Old Nov 7th 2008, 12:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Janek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flying a dog from Gatwick to Orlando with Virgin

Originally Posted by megalaser
Hi, If anyone has flown their dog from Gatwick to Orlando with Virgin I would appreciate hearing anything about your experience, I am planning to do this soon and would be grateful for any advice . . . . . . Many Thanks
I flew my dog from Phoenix to Washington Dulles. Completely whacked him out poor thing, but he recovered. Get your dog in to a vet.
Old Nov 7th 2008, 12:43 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

I want pics of the dogs you can fly. Do they have wings like birds or is there a motor attached somehow?
Old Nov 7th 2008, 12:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Janek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
I want pics of the dogs you can fly. Do they have wings like birds or is there a motor attached somehow?
Ear extensions
Old Nov 7th 2008, 1:11 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Janek66
Ear extensions

Found one! Thanks!

Old Nov 7th 2008, 11:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

Pack it in a case and stick it in the cargo hold
Old Nov 8th 2008, 12:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
OMG that's a terrible picture.

But ROFL
Old Nov 8th 2008, 4:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

DeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond reputeDeanUK2US has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully, they'll give your dog more space than I got in economy!
Old Nov 9th 2008, 3:52 am
UK>Bay Area, CA>UK

Chrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud ofChrissywissy100 has much to be proud of

Probably not exactly the reply you are looking for, but we were fortunate enough to have a pet travel company take care of the arrangements to transprt our two cats from UK to San Francisco.

We used Airpets Oceanic in the UK (who are based out of Heathrow and were excellent, with their pick up and drop off service both ends, two nights board and lodging, provision of transportation crates as per guidelines, and dealt with the Health Certificate and customs paperwork)and they flew with British Airways. Airpets oceanic may be willing to give you advice if you are doing it yourself, or even you local vet? We didnt pay, the company did, but was approx $5000 for the two of them.

May be worthwhile noting that BA wont fly animals in the hold on a weekend departure, so best check if Virgin is the same?

It might also be worthwhile contacting the Chief Florida Vetinary Office to confirm what other details they will need, as I belive it varies by state.

I know that you will need to have a vet confirm in writing (Health Certificate)they are fit and well to travel, show no signs of disease or rabies and are fully up to date with all vaccinations, along with Species, breed,sex, age and name of pet. Also must state the dates the pet is travelling, how (by air), destination (Airport code), whether the animal will be accomnpanied or not on the journey, how long for, and full name and address of people reciving the animal at the other end.

It is also advisable to provide copies of paperwork backing up that they are up to date with vaccination and microchip number documentation.

Also, if you dogs havent already been given the anti rabies shot, you should look into this carefully to decide whether to give them it in ther UK or when they arrive (there are rules around how soon they can travel after a rabies shot I belive), and also whether you want to get them pet passports or not, which can make it a little easier if they are going to be travelling again in the next few years.

Hope thats sort of helpful!?
Old Nov 9th 2008, 8:24 am
James Chesterton

megalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud ofmegalaser has much to be proud of

Hi,

That is very helpful yes, thanks so much for taking the time for such a detailed reply, I appreciate it.

best regards

Simon