Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

how do you set up a PO box?

how do you set up a PO box?

Old Sep 20th 2008, 10:53 am
9 months, start to finish

gibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond repute
Default how do you set up a PO box?

i've searched the BE wiki and i've searched the Canada Post web site for 'how do you set up a PO box'......and nothing.......

when you move over from the UK, how have others had post re-directed if....

1) you don't have a permanent address

2) no rented address either

i've loacated the nearest canada post office that will be 'probably' be living near and they do offer a PO box service but no info about setting up account.....

what has everyone else done?

and can you 'screen' out 'junk mail' being sent over from the UK?
Old Sep 20th 2008, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

Julie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: how do you set up a PO box?

Originally Posted by gibsonslanding
i've searched the BE wiki and i've searched the Canada Post web site for 'how do you set up a PO box'......and nothing.......

when you move over from the UK, how have others had post re-directed if....

1) you don't have a permanent address

2) no rented address either

i've loacated the nearest canada post office that will be 'probably' be living near and they do offer a PO box service but no info about setting up account.....

what has everyone else done?

and can you 'screen' out 'junk mail' being sent over from the UK?
I have the one for calgary which is ; www.calgarymailbox.ca
Old Sep 20th 2008, 9:29 pm
RETIRED Realtor

MB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond reputeMB-Realtor has a reputation beyond repute

Or what used to be called "Mail Boxes Etc" but is now "The UPS Store":-

http://www.theupsstore.com/products/maiandpos.html
Old Sep 21st 2008, 2:44 am
Happy Bunnies

Flossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond reputeFlossie and Jim has a reputation beyond repute

I just emailed a couple of ups stores in the areas which were convenient for us and set the mailbox up via internet with a credit card payment by phone to cover a year. The good thing about the ups mailboxes is that you can have a suite number rather than a box number which makes it easier to get things sorted when you get here (some places wont send to a po box).
Old Sep 21st 2008, 2:53 am
BE Forum Addict

fuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond reputefuschiagirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flossie and Jim
I just emailed a couple of ups stores in the areas which were convenient for us and set the mailbox up via internet with a credit card payment by phone to cover a year. The good thing about the ups mailboxes is that you can have a suite number rather than a box number which makes it easier to get things sorted when you get here (some places wont send to a po box).
We did the same - we set it up before we moved from the UK as we wanted our mail re-directed as soon as we left our UK address. UPS have been fine. The suite address is useful too.

Canada Post needs you to actually be in Canada to set the PO box up..
Old Sep 21st 2008, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

desertbuddy will become famous soon enoughdesertbuddy will become famous soon enough

Can anyone tell me how much did it you cost to set-up the mailboxes in UPS?
Old Sep 21st 2008, 9:06 am
BE Forum Addict

YYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond reputeYYZlover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by desertbuddy
It depends on the size. Go to the link provided earlier in the thread and contact your local store.
Old Sep 21st 2008, 1:44 pm
9 months, start to finish

gibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond reputegibsonslanding has a reputation beyond repute

thanks guys....that's brilliant info.....didn't think of ups! xx
Old Sep 24th 2008, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

alimoo is on a distinguished road

Thanks guys-really useful info
Old Sep 24th 2008, 2:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by desertbuddy
Not Canada but to give you an idea of cost - I paid 300 USD for a UPS box in the US, 15mths (12 with 3mths free), smallest box but they hold all parcels for me. They say they take anything that they can fit through the door. I haven't tried a bed but they've received shelf units, desks, some pretty big stuff...

They wanted to see an awful lot of ID to set it up, so I'm not sure if it could be done online, but again, this was the US not Canada.