Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

How to: Watch British TV in Oz

How to: Watch British TV in Oz

Old Jun 20th 2008, 7:08 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default How to: Watch British TV in Oz

Promised a couple of people I'd write this article and I have now completed it and stuck it on my site. It explains all the ins and outs of watching UK telly in Oz, including a tried and tested way to watch *anything* on the BBC's iPlayer, ITV's Catchup or Channel 4's 4oD. You can find it here.
Old Jun 20th 2008, 9:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How to: Watch British TV in Oz

Originally Posted by Hutch
Promised a couple of people I'd write this article and I have now completed it and stuck it on my site. It explains all the ins and outs of watching UK telly in Oz, including a tried and tested way to watch *anything* on the BBC's iPlayer, ITV's Catchup or Channel 4's 4oD. You can find it here.
Excellent guide Hutch. Now if only I had time to watch TV.

I'm actually tempted to try it out just from a geek point of view, and see if I can download BBC stuff and transfer it to my phone. I already do that with the ABC programmes, but it would so freak out other passengers on the train if I was watching BBC programmes!

JTL
Old Jun 20th 2008, 9:34 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Excellent guide Hutch. Now if only I had time to watch TV.

I'm actually tempted to try it out just from a geek point of view, and see if I can download BBC stuff and transfer it to my phone. I already do that with the ABC programmes, but it would so freak out other passengers on the train if I was watching BBC programmes!

JTL
The Media Converter Pro program I mention in the guide will do all that for you. I downloaded a load of BBC kids stuff, de-DRM'd it and resized it in one go and put it on my N95 for my son to watch during a boring car journey.
Old Jun 20th 2008, 9:36 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Just been on your website (first time!) its fab! noticed your originally from Nailsworth... I'm just down the road in Cheltenham. Hopefully not for very long though! I think I'll be reading your blog more often, t'is very funny!
Old Jun 20th 2008, 10:02 am
Account Closed

stevenglish is an unknown quantity at this point

Why on earth would you want to watch british TV when there's such a diverse choice of shite out here, have you never watched the news in Turkish????
Old Jun 20th 2008, 1:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

RCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud of

Can you recommend any mac-compatible P2P software?
Old Jun 20th 2008, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

blueballs is just really niceblueballs is just really niceblueballs is just really niceblueballs is just really niceblueballs is just really niceblueballs is just really niceblueballs is just really niceblueballs is just really niceblueballs is just really niceblueballs is just really niceblueballs is just really nice

Originally Posted by stevenglish
Why on earth would you want to watch british TV when there's such a diverse choice of shite out here, have you never watched the news in Turkish????
i have ,and it is much better than oz tv
scott
Old Jun 20th 2008, 3:32 pm
F*** it!

Fenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond reputeFenton Beasley has a reputation beyond repute

Great guide Hutch. I'm not the kinda guy to guffaw out loud at "blogs" (I f***in hate that word - it's a diary FFS!) but you certainly did induce a few wide grins. Nice Spaghetti Analogy. Nice Vicar's daughter/curtain analogy.

I was happily reading along, waiting for your pearls of I.T. wisdom when I found the most abhorrent phrase:
The only downside to all this is that you are, unfortunately, going to have to spend a little bit of cash.
well you can understand why I baulked at such a horrendous thought. I have never paid for a single byte of software in my life and I don't intend to to start being a law abiding citizen now.

If I liked telly that much, I may well pay for this magical VPN service but I'll stick to The Box and to an increasingly lesser extent, UK nova.

I'll end my unconstructive comment with this final thought.

"Australian TV is still sh*t though isn't it?"
Old Jun 20th 2008, 3:48 pm
Australia's Doorman

Originally Posted by Fenton Beasley
Great guide Hutch. I'm not the kinda guy to guffaw out loud at "blogs" (I f***in hate that word - it's a diary FFS!) but you certainly did induce a few wide grins. Nice Spaghetti Analogy. Nice Vicar's daughter/curtain analogy.

I was happily reading along, waiting for your pearls of I.T. wisdom when I found the most abhorrent phrase:

well you can understand why I baulked at such a horrendous thought. I have never paid for a single byte of software in my life and I don't intend to to start being a law abiding citizen now.

If I liked telly that much, I may well pay for this magical VPN service but I'll stick to The Box and to an increasingly lesser extent, UK nova.

I'll end my unconstructive comment with this final thought.

"Australian TV is still sh*t though isn't it?"
Hehe thanks. One alternative I'm considering is getting my mate to set up a hardware VPN on his router. I'd only need to dial in for long enough to start the downloads going so it wouldn't have any impact on his bandwidth. If you know someone in the UK then it's worth a punt.
Old Jun 20th 2008, 3:59 pm
Account Closed

PaulandNic is an unknown quantity at this point

Good post Hutch ...

Personally I'm happy with what UKNova has to offer, and my local tourette site (John's not mad!) has all I'm after, but karma for the effort ...
Old Jun 20th 2008, 6:05 pm
Cad and bounder

perksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond reputeperksy has a reputation beyond repute

If you want live free streaming of all the top sports including every prem game plus spl and euro leagues goto http://livefooty.doctor-serv.com you can even get free pay per view boxing on there too
Old Jun 20th 2008, 8:24 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RCoight
Can you recommend any mac-compatible P2P software?
Azureus

It's very good... The Missus grabs a oodles of gigs a month with it on her Mac...
Old Jun 20th 2008, 8:25 pm
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

As ever a top post mate...

"it’s the online equivalent of ****ing the vicar’s daughter and then wiping your knob on his curtains"

Old Jun 20th 2008, 9:07 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that link sent to the old man in Oz
Old Jun 20th 2008, 11:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of lightjohnnyyt is a glorious beacon of light

Are you trying for the most usefull post in this years BE poll?

Johnnyyt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.