Reload this Page >

Commute time from Dubai to AD

Commute time from Dubai to AD

Old Jun 12th 2008, 9:24 am
Just Joined

Tomb22raider is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Commute time from Dubai to AD

Hello,
I have been in AB for about 2 month now looking for a 2-3 bedroom apartment with no luck. We are now considering living in Dubai (Marina/JLT/Gardens).

How long will my commute be to AD?
What are the school names around that area? My dayghter is going into KG1.

Thanks
Old Jun 12th 2008, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

mydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond reputemydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond reputemydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond reputemydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond reputemydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond reputemydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond reputemydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond reputemydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond reputemydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond reputemydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond reputemydogbitjesus has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Commute time from Dubai to AD

i think it's about an hour commute time at high speed from the marina! been told it can be a bit dangerous because of; speed, straight roads, sleepiness! people from my work do it, but think it becomes an ache after some time..
Old Jun 12th 2008, 10:29 am
Banned

Sam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond reputeSam FTQ has a reputation beyond repute

It is the most boring journey in the world. You just couldn't do it on a daily basis.
Old Jun 12th 2008, 10:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

my hubs used to do it before on the old road, its now so much better but its long and straight and boring, he now does KCA to JA which is 45 mins so it really depends where in AD you are heading, because the marina (on a good day) to AD town would be at least 1.15 on a very good day.
Old Jun 12th 2008, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

TBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud of

We have been toying up with the idea of commuting from Dubai to AD too and my husband did a try out last week left about 5am to get to dubai and then drove back in Peak hour from Arabian Ranches and from the AR to the roundabout up the road from AR took half and hour all up it took between 1 hour twenty minutes to 1 hour 45 mins we did it twice!!! and I have to say its a bit of a hairy trip as pretty C****P drivers speeding at over 200...apparently accident rate on that road is very high ....Also school places very little especially in Year 1....Know what your going through
Old Jun 12th 2008, 11:44 am
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

If I had a nice job in Abu Dhabi, the last place I would want to live in is Dubai. Surely there are plenty of residential developments on the airport side of the city? The drive is okay, but watch out for the occasional fog patches around Gahoot!
Old Jun 12th 2008, 12:05 pm
Forum Regular

TBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud of

...thats really the only place they are available, unfortunately not many of them have been completed or released into rental market yet but as there is short supply the price tag goes up...now you are paying 270 and upwards each day that goes by for a 3 bedroom....or there is Al sa nakil if you want to chance living right on high voltage power cables, personally I don't with 2 kids, and even they start at 250+. The best one is Al Raha its just sitting tight there was a 3 bedroom villa there going for 320!!!
Old Jun 12th 2008, 4:34 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sam FTQ
It is the most boring journey in the world. You just couldn't do it on a daily basis.
I've done it on and off for two years....always give yourself two hours because when you least expect it there will be a dickhead who causes a big pile up.

And have a decent sound system in your car with your favourite tunes...passes the time

N.
Old Jun 12th 2008, 4:37 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
If I had a nice job in Abu Dhabi, the last place I would want to live in is Dubai. Surely there are plenty of residential developments on the airport side of the city? The drive is okay, but watch out for the occasional fog patches around Gahoot!
Problem is there is a housing shortage in Abu Dhabi right now and rents are spiralling to Dubai and beyond levels...I know for a fact half the managers who work at Etihad's airport HQ live in the Gardens

N.
Old Jun 12th 2008, 4:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

but what about when etihad's new flats open right opposite the new HQ!
Old Jun 12th 2008, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by busybee2
but what about when etihad's new flats open right opposite the new HQ!
As the rate they are hiring they will be full as soon as they are finished...

N.
Old Jun 12th 2008, 6:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

yeh i know 10 times over, know a few people in etihad.
Old Jun 12th 2008, 6:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

but had heard that they are moving them into raha gardens as well now.
Old Jun 12th 2008, 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by busybee2
but had heard that they are moving them into raha gardens as well now.
They are also tying up with a few developers to make sure their staff are given priority when AD's freehold market kicks off properly...

N.
Old Jun 13th 2008, 5:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

hahahaha freehold, funny yes i realise that of course they would be 'in' before anybody else

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.