Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

working in nova scotia

working in nova scotia

Old Jul 12th 2008, 7:36 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: working in nova scotia

Originally Posted by sammy31
I have heard in Canada they give you 2 weeks leave, 3 if your lucky - as I get 28 days in the UK plus bank holidays taking 2 or 3 weeks in Canada is an awful thought and has swayed us to begin to look at Australia- any thoughts anyone ?

Are you seriously considering changing your destination purely on the basis of the difference of 5 days holiday?!? If so, I would strongly suggest that you look again at your reasons for emigrating. If something that simple can put you off and make you change your mind then I would say you can't possibly be prepared to go through all the hassle and stress of moving abroad.

A few days holiday will make little or no difference to your life, you need to choose a country based on far more important things so I suggest you do a LOT more research. Look at things like career prospects, climate, cost of living, politics, and if you have children, things like quality of education, etc. Holidays will come very far down the list. And of course, you will also need to find out which countries you can actually get a visa for - you may not be able to get one for Canada anyway, or Oz!

Also, for future reference, it's consider bad 'netiquette' to hijack somebody elses thread, so it would be best to start your own thread with any questions on next time.
Old Jul 12th 2008, 7:54 pm
no I aint

Flogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sammy31
I have heard in Canada they give you 2 weeks leave, 3 if your lucky - as I get 28 days in the UK plus bank holidays taking 2 or 3 weeks in Canada is an awful thought and has swayed us to begin to look at Australia- any thoughts anyone ?
you need to put it into perspective.

Say you only get 2 weeks in canada,as opposed to 5 here thats 3 weeks out of 52 you might be worse off in canada.

so there are 49 weeks left to consider.

also, don't feel guilty about hijacking a thread that died 2 weeks ago!
Old Jul 12th 2008, 8:01 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flogger
also, don't feel guilty about hijacking a thread that died 2 weeks ago!
He's also done it on Elaine's thread that she started only a few hours ago about returning home (so has no relevance to that whatsoever), hence why I mentioned it.
Old Jul 12th 2008, 8:24 pm
no I aint

Flogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond reputeFlogger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
He's also done it on Elaine's thread that she started only a few hours ago about returning home (so has no relevance to that whatsoever), hence why I mentioned it.

Ok have just read it,is a bit odd